Haters hate and supporters support

This is my first post after following Volnation for a while. I am a long-time Vol fan. We are season ticket holders. I understand why so many are hating on our football program and I understand why so many will support it. I want to tell you where my feeling comes from. We went to a game in Sept 2001 against LSU. It was the first sporting weekend after the 9-11 bombings. There was concern something was going to happen at a major sporting event and TN and Mich had the two largest at home games that weekend. My wife and I had our 14 month old daughter and considered if we should pass on this game. We decided we could not let the terrorists win and change the USA. We decided to go to the game with the thought that we all could be the next target. We said there could not be a better place to die together than at Neyland with 108,000 Volunteer fans. Some of you supporters were at the game and some of you haters were at the game all feeling the same. Eighteen years later my daughter plays in the Pride of the Southland at these games. All of us love TN and need to cheer for our team.

I do cheer for the team and wont stop. You will never see me bash any of the amateur athletes wearing Orange.

However, i dont make excuses for poor coaching and despise the excuse making being made by those who fall in love with every shiny new coach that comes along.

Reactions: JoAllan
This binary approach to UT fandom is beyond frustrating along with the moral signaling of 'supporter status.'

No one knows if Pruitt is the solution or not at this point in time or potentially ever. If he goes 1-11 and gets canned, there's always a chance, albeit slim, that he could have gone 10-2 the following year 'if we only gave him enough time.' He could have also go 0-12 the following season.

I don't know if he's the guy long term and I don't know who should replace him but I do know UT is currently scraping the bottom of our historical barrel. To claim otherwise or constantly blame the previous coaches for the current coach's performance doesn't make you a 'supporter' or 'true fan.' It makes you a delusional sap.

Blind devotion to anything is a recipe for trouble and maybe that level of slavish devotion to the Big Orange has allowed things to get so damn bad in the first place since the UTAD knows they'll continue to get support as they drive the program off the cliff.

Fabulous Post OP

Oh...but I am not. Hmmm...kind sir, you know of the Via Media?

The "via media" as you keep referring to it, is not necessarily a virtue. This has gone on for a decade or more. Fans are tired of blindly supporting the people who have slowly destroyed our program. They want to affect change for the program they love.

The point is still the same. The coaches were there for very short periods of time. The program was not set back for decades like people try to pretend like it would be here. People like you think that if you don't keep a coach for 10 years regardless of how bad they suck then you're going to make it worse by getting another coach in here. You sunshine Pumpers like to preach continuity. Alabama proved that wrong. They went through five coaches in about a decade and now they're a dynasty. And Florida could be a better example. I'm at work today so I did not have time to research Florida and if I knew that you were just going to nitpick the Alabama thing I would not have wasted my time. That's my point you can't argue with Sunshine Pumpers because facts don't mean anything it's all based on emotion. Surely unless you are suffering from amnesia, you know that Florida has went through several coaches in the last decade also.

Not sure who your blabbering this nonsense to, but it's mostly wrong and if its meant for me, its all wrong.

Surely you didn't blame a football fan for emotion. Haha. Wish you had started with that so I could have skipped the rest.

VN Store

Back