Haters hate and supporters support

Obviously, 90 percent was made up -- and ironical. But the posters who said we were playing in Starkville were not attempting to be ironical. Either we are or we're not. We're not, and they didn't know that.

By all means, please label them all based on one thing they said and did on one day. So what if it's unfair and wrong, as long as it backs up some point you're trying to make.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
It's awesome that you go and support your daughter. I truly wish more parents were as committed.

I love Tennessee football! I guess the only thing I can say after having discussions with other season ticket holders and donators to the athletic department (I have been for 16 years, which I will drop next year), is that there's a difference between blind support and enabling when it comes to Tennessee athletics. It's not our kids we're supporting. To the University, it's a business.

Many believe, and rightfully so, that the only way to instigate change in concept and theory is to hit them where it hurts...their pocketbook. I don't blame Pruitt for the mess we're in. If you offered me millions to coach the team, I would, too. I also don't blame Jones or the others before him. Pruitt, as a Head Coach, has been here a year and a half. This is his team now and they have regressed under his stead. Some of the players who give the most effort (Jennings, Trey Smith, for example), weren't Pruitt's recruits. You can't stereotype players based on who recruited them. There are coaches who get more from less, coaches who get the level of their talent, and coaches who get less from more. Who knows what Pruitt is. He has no experience as a Head Coach. I can't try to hear that other SEC coaches have said we are heading in the right direction with our coaching either. They said the same thing when Dooley was hired. Why would they say otherwise?

If you have a program that is in such dire need of a re-build, why do you hire someone with zero experience not only as a D1 Head Coach, but also with re-building a program? The argument that it was because no other proven HC would take the job is simply not true. Leach may not be everyone's favorite, but he's a proven winning head coach in D1 and he's re-built both Texas Tech and WSU into top 25 programs. He's not the only one that was interested.

The University and athletic department has gone cheap on each of the last several HC hires. In the end, we are paying more than anyone else for a HC because we are paying for numerous missed dart throw coaches at the same time as our current coach. Do I hope Pruitt wins? YES! That said, he was a dart throw hire, not a proven commodity. Also, with Fulmer there, there's zero chance that Pruitt will be fired this year. Doing so, would be admitting he was wrong, because Pruitt was HIS hire. Doesn't matter that we're looking at 2-10, 3-9 this season after the hopes of a bowl.

Continuing to financially support the University in this regard (from a business perspective), is an endorsement that you support the way they are managing the product. It's like continuing to pay for your adult kids' bad decisions. I can't do that anymore until I see changes. Will I watch every game on my couch next season? Yes!

I know several people very close to the department (and no, I'm not claiming to have more ties than anyone else). There's the possibility and much talk that Fulmer is threatened by someone who may be a bigger name or someone he can't completely control, so he will only hire someone who needs to be mentored by him, so he gets a portion of the credit when there's success. If that is true, it may take more than one failed coach under his watch for the real change that needs to take place is made.

If you think things are looking up and heading the right direction, just look at the product. We are not competitive on the field. The coaches lost the team with a few winnable games left last year that kept us from a bowl. We are 1-4 this year with one of the worse losses in Tennessee history on opening day.

I'll never bash a player that wears orange, but the administration has lost my support. I won't continue to throw money at their bad decisions.

Well, a bit long winded, and I don't agree with all of it, but yeah.......voting with your feet and wallet is considerably more effective than the ceaseless whining that generally occurs here. Passion is one thing, but how many times does one have to reiterate "Pruitt sucks" or the like before you get tired of beating that horse? It seems a bit silly to me. We could all exercise a little more dignity.

Reactions: DonDiego
3cts1r.jpg

HUH? Wana speak English?

It is English.

It is English.

Either you were defending the "Haters" (haters would go to games blah blah blah) or making the point there are no "haters."

Ive seen you use "Coach worshippers" and saying someone that supports Pruitt is "swinging from his sak" often.

My post was defending "Coach worshippers," (they wouldn't criticize their god for not kicking Banks off the team...which many did) or making the point there are no "Coach worshippers".

The point is the stupid names are stupid and everyone is too damn sensitive about it.

Reactions: m1al
Yup...haters hate, taters tate and baters bate...

So if you can’t be an athlete then be an athletic supporter!

Some “haters” going to support.

Some “supporters” going to live in fantasy land.

This is my first post after following Volnation for a while. I am a long-time Vol fan. We are season ticket holders. I understand why so many are hating on our football program and I understand why so many will support it. I want to tell you where my feeling comes from. We went to a game in Sept 2001 against LSU. It was the first sporting weekend after the 9-11 bombings. There was concern something was going to happen at a major sporting event and TN and Mich had the two largest at home games that weekend. My wife and I had our 14 month old daughter and considered if we should pass on this game. We decided we could not let the terrorists win and change the USA. We decided to go to the game with the thought that we all could be the next target. We said there could not be a better place to die together than at Neyland with 108,000 Volunteer fans. Some of you supporters were at the game and some of you haters were at the game all feeling the same. Eighteen years later my daughter plays in the Pride of the Southland at these games. All of us love TN and need to cheer for our team.

HATERS HATE....JOCK"S SUPPORT... continue on.

Some people have true coping issues when they insult die-hard fans on here for just being realistic for the good of our program. It’s not hypocritical to bring attention to the realism that we are behind schedule in our rebuild. We allowed Georgia State to take our field! Stop portraying passionate loyalty as betrayal! Cope!

Reactions: volfannbama
Some people have true coping issues when they insult die-hard fans on here for just being realistic for the good of our program. It’s not hypocritical to bring attention to the realism that we are behind schedule in our rebuild. We allowed Georgia State to take our field! Stop portraying passionate loyalty as betrayal! Cope!

Lol.

Do you consider yourself a hater?

Whether you do or not, when you see the word "hater" , what do you think it means?

I

I know what “hater” means
You know what I mean in my statement
I know that the OP meant

So why ask? You know, I know, the OP knew
(I chose to use the OP’s language, however you, I, and everyone else, know what the message is)

I consider myself a loyal supporter, who does not live in an alternative reality.

If something has been and is “negative” and people support that (the negativity, and never call it out).......are they really the negative ones?

If I do not support the constant “negatives” (that I continually see) but still “support” am I “more positive?”

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
I reread it, and Im pretty sure, in his mind, criticism = "hating on our football program." That's a typical statement from the fan police that we all know and love so much.

Looks like the shoe fits and you're wearing it.

I know what “hater” means
You know what I mean in my statement
I know that the OP meant

So why ask? You know, I know, the OP knew
(I chose to use the OP’s language, however you, I, and everyone else, know what the message is)

I should have been more clear.

No, I'm not sure what you think it means when someone, in this case the OP says "Haters Hate". I guess I have an idea, but I'm not really sure what I think it means. I just wanted to see what you said. Wasn't a trick question.

I don't use it to describe UT fans, I think its stupid just like coach worshippers. I don't think everyone that criticizes anyone or anything can be considered a hater. I have my own definition of "Negavol" and there aren't as many of those as others think there are...by my definition.

By all means, please label them all based on one thing they said and did on one day. So what if it's unfair and wrong, as long as it backs up some point you're trying to make.

Congrats! You've finally discovered how this board works. Or, dare I say it, about 93 percent of it. :cool:

I should have been more clear.

No, I'm not sure what you think it means when someone, in this case the OP says "Haters Hate". I guess I have an idea, but I'm not really sure what I think it means. I just wanted to see what you said. Wasn't a trick question.

I don't use it to describe UT fans, I think its stupid just like coach worshippers. I don't think everyone that criticizes anyone or anything can be considered a hater. I have my own definition of "Negavol" and there aren't as many of those as others think there are...by my definition.

I read the OP’s post. It had two defined categories......supporters and haters. Very “general” terms.....but I knew what he meant.

I accept “hater” “negaVol” or whatever. I know that I love the Vols and I still support them. I also don’t care what people want to “label” simply because I will call out the “bad.” I don’t personally accept it, I don’t think it has to be this way.....and I will always voice it.

As a “negaVol” (who lives in reality) I also call out the good when I see it.....and I don’t accept negativity (as fact) when it’s worthless nonsense......and have called that out as well.

The point is still the same. The coaches were there for very short periods of time. The program was not set back for decades like people try to pretend like it would be here. People like you think that if you don't keep a coach for 10 years regardless of how bad they suck then you're going to make it worse by getting another coach in here. You sunshine Pumpers like to preach continuity. Alabama proved that wrong. They went through five coaches in about a decade and now they're a dynasty. And Florida could be a better example. I'm at work today so I did not have time to research Florida and if I knew that you were just going to nitpick the Alabama thing I would not have wasted my time. That's my point you can't argue with Sunshine Pumpers because facts don't mean anything it's all based on emotion. Surely unless you are suffering from amnesia, you know that Florida has went through several coaches in the last decade also.

Someone should start a No Negative Comments Board..........somewhere else.

Come on... He posted an encouraging message. I really don’t think he’s trying claim ‘moral superiority’ or be the ‘fan police’ as you say.

Not surprising and typical of his perception of the OP. It fits the haters
agenda!

VN Store

Back