What Happened to Dillon Bates?

I'm guessing management team in dad's construction company. That is perfectly ok, too. Ain't no pro bowler ever gotten by without having to find gainful employment after football. It's a game--it's always over eventually. Some a little sooner than others. Go Vols....Go VFLs.

Like almost every person who has ever inherited a legacy, business, money, etc., he never lived enough in the "real world" to have the tools to succeed without Daddy's money or fame (The POTUS and Jimmy Haslam are the most relevant examples in the US).

Last edited:
I'm guessing management team in dad's construction company. That is perfectly ok, too. Ain't no pro bowler ever gotten by without having to find gainful employment after football. It's a game--it's always over eventually. Some a little sooner than others. Go Vols....Go VFLs.
Surgical sales rep for Arthrex

Like almost every person who has ever inherited a legacy, business, money, etc., he never lived enough in the "real world" to have the tools to succeed without Daddy's money or fame (The POTUS and Jimmy Haslam are the most relevant examples in the US).
Our legacy class ended up a huge flop. More transfers and busts than successes.

Inheriting money is bad. Thats why I'm going to spend my 7 figure retirement on cocaine and hookers. Gonnna leave nothing to the family so they learn what the real world is like!

You're not accurate. That is his real world. This is the peoblem with our society. People get jealous of success

He was a bust from the first day on campus. Yes, I realize that he had injury issues, but he rarely saw the field. If I remember correctly, he was a 5* - typical 5* LB bust at UT.

I have always wondered in the case of Legacys if they get over-rated because of their name and also in some cases they have such a head start in learning the fundamentals of the the game from their fathers. 2 examples, Peyton at the Saints camp ever year and Dillon at the Cowboys camp. Obviously as with the case of Peyton, Eric Berry and Cade Mays those with unreal natural ability it doesn't fit. But with those with slightly better than average talent it catches up with them by the time they get to college and the guy with superior talent passes them.

Reactions: TommyJoe

Citations to support this claim, please

Reactions: Sackett
Inheriting money is bad. Thats why I'm going to spend my 7 figure retirement on cocaine and hookers. Gonnna leave nothing to the family so they learn what the real world is like!

That's how it's supposed to be done, folks

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back