Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after all the anxiety of putting BM in vs the #3 team for his first ever start and wondering what lingering effects it could have on his psyche, I'd say it worked out well. Much closer to Dobbs than Peterman vs UF.

and I accept your apology.

oh yeah har har talk about low hanging fruit
giphy.gif

Reactions: SoilVol
We're 0-6 against the spread our last 6 non FCS games. Underperforming very badly since Kentucky last year, even with such little depth it should not be as bad as it is. Lost by 25+ points in each of our last 4 SEC games

I thought of another 8:00 CST game- 2001 UT at Arkansas. It was made worse by a weather delay. But I was a student at UT then, so a late night was normal.
I had to look this one up. I have no memory of it, but, apparently, we won 13-3.

I wanna believe!!! Like the pain and suffering of the first 2 losses was what was needed to get the fire lit or something.
Nah. I think next year will be Pruitt's first bowl game. The freshman and sophomores will be experienced and the new crop of underclassmen look to be more talented than the upper classman in the two deep right now

Sherrer at the QB club talking about depth at ILB.

“Some of that is due to attrition. Guys leaving for whatever reason. Right now, we’ve moved a guy around this week that had some experience at the inside linebacker position, instead of outside backer. That’s something we’ll have to address in recruiting. It’s going to be hard to do with limits on how many (prospects) you can sign per year. But we’ll have to address that in recruiting. Right now we’re sitting with about three linebackers at the inside linebacker position, with game experience. Once we move the other guy form the other position, Quavaris Crouch, that will give us the depth we need with the two-deep. That’s the position the last few months that has kind of been hit by attrition.”

No, I’m disregarding the start.

What’s the floor for what should be expected going forward? I say it’s three wins.

I’m not saying fire anybody or anything - I’m just asking what should be the expectation for the last 7 games?
Floor is beating UAB. Anything else is up for grabs with this team.

“Some of that is due to attrition. Guys leaving for whatever reason. Right now, we’ve moved a guy around this week that had some experience at the inside linebacker position, instead of outside backer. That’s something we’ll have to address in recruiting. It’s going to be hard to do with limits on how many (prospects) you can sign per year. But we’ll have to address that in recruiting. Right now we’re sitting with about three linebackers at the inside linebacker position, with game experience. Once we move the other guy form the other position, Quavaris Crouch, that will give us the depth we need with the two-deep. That’s the position the last few months that has kind of been hit by attrition.”
I like it. I feel like Crouch lacks the speed to play the edge. But can be a force up the middle in slowing the run

If we go into this game with the mindset of stopping the run. We can beat MSU with the same performance we saw in the first half against UGA.

Reactions: MwB
With the transfer portal, it's going to be hard to build depth everywhere. Teams are going to be looking in the portal every year to replace their own guys that went in the portal.
Probably not as bad if we werent losing so much. Sure benchwarmers will leave anyway, but 2nd stringers wouldnt be leaving winning teams often.

Fantasy football guys..... I got a 7 point lead going into tonight. I have Landry vs both Chubb and Kittles in PPR format. Think I got a shot to survive and pull out a W ?

Well...aren’t you...SLICK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back