Is there ever a point ...

bnhunt

where one or a few of the big boosters finally step up and we hire a big name coach? I want Pruitt to work as much as anyone, but I think it is pretty clear that he is in way over his head at this point and I'm not even sure it's arguable. Is 2-10 or 3-9 enough because that's where we're heading?

What’s your definition of “big name” coach? After the last few coaching searches it seems like the answer to your question is a resounding no.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
What’s your definition of “big name” coach? After the last few coaching searches it seems like the answer to your question is a resounding no.

Agreed. Just can't believe with the boosters and resources we have that the Dooleys, Jones, Schianos, and Pruitts of the world are the best that we can do. I just keep thinking something will finally change, but it never does.

Reactions: knoxvol16
whatever you do, don't burn down what you have until you have the answer in hand.

where one or a few of the big boosters finally step up and we hire a big name coach? I want Pruitt to work as much as anyone, but I think it is pretty clear that he is in way over his head at this point and I'm not even sure it's arguable. Is 2-10 or 3-9 enough because that's where we're heading?

What did you expect tonight? Oh, and the answer to your question is no. Pruitt is here through the end of next year minimum.

The answer is unfortunately no.. actually I dont think that the willingness to pay the money is the issue as much as that the coaches that are elite enough to garner that type of salary know they can not win here because of the lack of commitment and like mindedness from the admin and community

Reactions: knoxvol16
Who do you think we would get? Stoops isn’t coming here. Urban isn’t coming here. Who do you want? We already tried to back up the brinks truck and were rejected by Gruden, Gundy, and others. I don’t know if Pruitt is the rt guy but I agree with Brent Hubbs in that it is ludicrous to think about firing Pruitt after year two.

I want us to hire a creative, offensive-minded coach that can scheme around defenses with average players. That’s how you build a program from scratch which is where we are now.

No, I don’t mean Leach.

Reactions: bnhunt

People who are calling for the coach after the team we just played have zero football iq

Reactions: BIG SEXY
Who do you think we would get? Stoops isn’t coming here. Urban isn’t coming here. Who do you want? We already tried to back up the brinks truck and were rejected by Gruden, Gundy, and others. I don’t know if Pruitt is the rt guy but I agree with Brent Hubbs in that it is ludicrous to think about firing Pruitt after year two.
There was a number out there that Stoops or Meyer or maybe a Gundy-type would have said yes. Bama refused to take no for an answer when they hired Satan.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I am not talking about Pruitt. I am talking about the rest of the coaches that have been successful at previous stops doing the same job. We just can't keep firing coaches when we don't have a great coach that has success as a head coach, or we will end up with another Pruitt.

We don't have anything.

Stoops or Meyer. There is a number that one of those two guys would take to coach here.

Those are your Saviors???? You wanna offer Stoops or Meyer $7-$8 Million??? Good Call?!?!?

giphy.gif

People who are calling for the coach after the team we just played have zero football iq

I just said that I want him to work and understand the conundrum that we are in with buyouts and hiring another coach, but I think it's almost inarguable that Pruitt is not the guy.

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC
I am not talking about Pruitt. I am talking about the rest of the coaches that have been successful at previous stops doing the same job. We just can't keep firing coaches when we don't have a great coach that has success as a head coach, or we will end up with another Pruitt.

We are just a rudderless ship right now and have been for a decade.

Urban is NOT coming here. If he gets back into coaching it will be with a ready made roster. He virtually passed out during tight games didn’t his last season at Ohio State. His health could not withstand the stress caused by the brutal SEC schedule.

Stoops has already said he would consider the NFL before college - if he even returns to coaching after XFL. He recently stated the grind of college football was getting to him and too much time away from family.

So besides those two - who do you want? Who do you want to pay $9 million?

Sure do. Ever hear a Bama fan complain about what Saban makes?

It would take either of those coaches 3 plus years to seriously contend for the east. None of those guys are coming to a rebuild. It's just not happening. And if we hire Meyer it will be the first time in 40 years that I will not be watching the vols

VN Store

Back