Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

Don't care what our rivals would do. All young people and for that matter all adults need to take responsibility and the consequences for their behavior. We have a world full of "Entitled Athletes" and "Entitled young people" that need to be dealt with and learn the world does not rotate around them. Shame on you for that remark.
Yeah, I'm not sure that's true about UT's rivals anyway; some programs do let their players get away with everything short of murder (Bama), but most have a record of sending the worst kids packing. UF has had their share of issues like this in the past, but I think Mullen has dismissed 5 or 6 of UF's worst just in the year and a half he's been at the school.

If he’s not in jail come gameday... I don’t care. Let him play.

All of our rivals have sunk this low and if we don’t we’re at a competitive disadvantage.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

It’s a notch below Germantown, which it is. You said it wasn’t.
Uh no....maybe 15 years ago. Travel back and tell me it's even close. It's not and it really shouldn't be up for discussion.

If were talking suburbs, Collierville is a notch below Germantown and Cordova is quite a bit lower than Collierville.

If he didn’t write it, and was forced to release it to the media by the AD and University how can you be sure it reflects the way he feels?

Have you watched the entire hour long video? It puts the entire “statement” in dispute.
The why my post started with IF. You or I have no way of knowing if it was sincere.

It just seems to me that many on here let their emotions over a crappy start and dislike for Pruitt influence their opinions. Not saying you are but surely you see this too.

The why my post started with IF. You or I have no way of knowing if it was sincere.

It just seems to me that many on here let their emotions over a crappy start and dislike for Pruitt influence their opinions. Not saying you are but surely you see this too.
For those who have a distaste for Pruitt, like myself, this will invariably feed some of that.

I’m trying to ride the fence, and be as rational as I can. Pruitt is a rube in the light of day, so he shouldn’t be expected to be at his best when woken up at 3am. I have no real issue with the way he has handled it so far, and have said so.

But if you bother to watch the entire hour long video, it makes the statement from Banks read like a poorly written work of fiction.

You really think that reflects his feelings? Lol. He told us who he is and what he truly thinks in that video. If he can read, which is unlikely, I doubt he’d appreciate one damn thing said in that statement and probably even be pissed off by it.

As far as your Pruitt Derangement Syndrome comment, not sure where that’s coming from. I said not one thing about JP. Matter of fact, I’m firmly supportive of him and don’t blame him even 1% for this situation. I blame one person and one person only.....Jeremy Banks.
I honestly don’t know and neither do you. That’s why there’s an IF at the start. As far as the rest of that first paragraph, it’s horsesh!t speculation. Stopped reading your garbage after that.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and jp1
Uh no....maybe 15 years ago. Travel back and tell me it's even close. It's not and it really shouldn't be up for discussion.

If were talking suburbs, Collierville is a notch below Germantown and Cordova is quite a bit lower than Collierville.

I'm out in Lakeland and I enjoy it out there....

Reactions: Doberman and jp1
Don't play with pointed objects. You'll hurt yourself.
What’s your issue? Is it too challenging to look back and see who I was responding to? To my knowledge I’ve never responded to you. You’re picking one where none previously existed. Probably best to pick up that ego and walk away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82_VOL_83

Cordova is currently a dump. It used to be pretty nice.....not anymore.

Lifelong area resident for 44 years.

If that merits a dismissal, we might as well close down our sports programs.
He was angry and said something very wrong. But, dismissal? Would our rivals?

then shut it down... wait, 99% of our athletes would never say that to a cop let alone get arrested... gladly this statement is a bit extreme

I agree and said as much but we got certain folks here who refuse to see that. I had some unkind but honest words about banks and his mouth as well. But the jokers here refuse to see any of that unless you avoid the slightest unflattering word about cops. Your views must align 100% with theirs or you're evil personified. Now, watch.
I think that if you actually read most of what was posted about cops on VN, there are maybe two what you call copsuckers (first I have heard of that term), most are middle road to down right against them.

For those who have a distaste for Pruitt, like myself, this will invariably feed some of that.

I’m trying to ride the fence, and be as rational as I can. Pruitt is a rube in the light of day, so he shouldn’t be expected to be at his best when woken up at 3am. I have no real issue with the way he has handled it so far, and have said so.

But if you bother to watch the entire hour long video, it makes the statement from Banks read like a poorly written work of fiction.
As far as Pruitt goes, on the surface I have not been impressed so far. That said, beneath the surface I’m quite sure there is a lot he’s dealing with that nobody here has a clue about. Time will tell and whether we like it or not, he’s going to get some time.

As far as Banks goes, he sure made an ass of himself. He’s embarrassed himself and the University. He’s not the first. I don’t think he should go unpunished but I also don’t think he should be booted either.

I remember an incident when I was young, drunk and was confronted by the police. No one got physical but I TOTALLY showed my ass. For some reason the cop let me go. Thank God there was no video cameras and social media back then.

As far as Pruitt goes, on the surface I have not been impressed so far. That said, beneath the surface I’m quite sure there is a lot he’s dealing with that nobody here has a clue about. Time will tell and whether we like it or not, he’s going to get some time.

As far as Banks goes, he sure made an ass of himself. He’s embarrassed himself and the University. He’s not the first. I don’t think he should go unpunished but I also don’t think he should be booted either.

I remember an incident when I was young, drunk and was confronted by the police. No one got physical but I TOTALLY showed my ass. For some reason the cop let me go. Thank God there was no video cameras and social media back then.
Pretty much what I’ve said. Having watched the entire video I just don’t buy the statement.

He should get a second chance but the leash should be short.

Reactions: m1al and 82_VOL_83
What’s your issue? Is it too challenging to look back and see who I was responding to? To my knowledge I’ve never responded to you. You’re picking one where none previously existed. Probably best to pick up that ego and walk away.

And yet you're still responding. Actually, you have inter-posted with me in the past but so what. Why don't you just cease doing so? Got an issue?

VN Store

Back