The Impeachment Thread

Unless, he says, "I, Mike Pompeo, in my role as Secretary of State and with full sanction from the Donald Trump, in his role as President, am now actively being deceitful specifically about this issue in order to cover up a crime (fully explains the lie he is telling and why)" . . . . the Trumpers will always play this silly game of absolutes, because it allows them to continue defending their defense of the indefensible for another day.

It is pretty amazing. These folks can see pedo trafficing in pizza shops in cities they've never visited, but they don't know when one of their own lies blatantly in their face. No evidence can convince them or dissuade them because it is all a fantasy construct now.

Now the POTUS is actually calling Constitutional checks and balances treason. People need to wake up to fact that Trump's authoritarian impulses are a bigger threat to Democracy than either of the currently misshapen ideologies of the two major parties.

Sounds as if Trump takes from the Democratic playbook to make it work for him.

Yeah, this is dumb, too.

She has lost any chance at my vote with this.

He can say what he wants. Same with Rudy. Now, if it is criminal content, such as threatening people, then there are consequences for that quite apart from shutting down their twitter feed.

Echoing Trump, he is saying they are going to criminally prosecute House members who vote to impeach. That is a threat. He is arguably trying to keep Senate GOPers in line, too.

Lmao.........you're trying way too hard this morning. But keep up w/the stupidity part. It's for a good laugh.

Last edited:
Echoing Trump, he is saying they are going to criminally prosecute House members who vote to impeach. That is a threat. He is arguably trying to keep Senate GOPers in line, too.

He said legal options.

Kind of ironic that you would object

Anyway, the more Rudy yaps on Twitter/TV, the better, IMO. He's looking like a key player in unraveling the circus.

She has lost any chance at my vote with this.

He can say what he wants. Same with Rudy. Now, if it is criminal content, such as threatening people, then there are consequences for that quite apart from shutting down their twitter feed.

Lol..........Poor poor Kamala. She will not sleep good now knowing she's lost your vote. It's a shame.

Reactions: AM64
Sounds as if Trump takes from the Democratic playbook to make it work for him.

Your brain is almost elegant in its brute simplicity:

1) Blue Hat guy is evil and destroying America.

2) Red Hat guy is doing the exact same stuff but in a Red Hat.

3) Blue Hat guy is mad at Red Hat guy.

4)
Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

Reactions: tvolsfan
He said legal options.

Kind of ironic that you would object

Anyway, the more Rudy yaps on Twitter/TV, the better, IMO. He's looking like a key player in unraveling the circus.

He's not a lawyer. He doesn't know about law. He only knows his feelings are hurt.

You didn't answer his question.
I vaguely remember reading about it. I think he thinks he's a hero. I'll ask again, do you?

Lol. How about you two go back and reread the post that got whatabouted and take a wild ass guess about whether I think Snowden is a hero.

How is this even difficult? What do you two think are the purpose of whistleblower protections?

I’ll answer that last one for you. Standard Whistleblower calculus: “potential for positive outcomes for my country-potential for negative outcomes for me.”

They essentially have 3 options: report to management (the government), don’t report at all, and leak to the media.

Whistleblower protections exist to skew that calculus in favor of going through appropriate channels. Since the last two outcomes are unwanted, the idea is to promote more reporting and appropriate reporting by reducing the risk of negative consequences for appropriate reporting, thus increasing the likelihood of appropriate reports.

Now, what effect do you think results from the president of the United States publicly threatening to expose and punish a whistleblower?

If I thought Snowden was a hero, why would I be bitching about this? Conversely, and maybe the better question for you two: “if I didn’t think Snowden was a hero, why the hell would I be defending it?”

Reactions: Mick and Hunerwadel
Snowden and Manning both willingly broke the law and their contract with the US government and deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent the law will allow. Trying to rationalize or parse why they chose to do so is folly.
And yet here you are carrying water for a guy whose behavior will cause more people to do the same thing.

Well done.

Also, see above and don’t go back to making stupid assumptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunerwadel
Lol. How about you two go back and reread the post that got whatabouted and take a wild ass guess about whether I think Snowden is a hero.

How is this even difficult? What do you two think are the purpose of whistleblower protections?

I’ll answer that last one for you. Standard Whistleblower calculus: “potential for positive outcomes for my country-potential for negative outcomes for me.”

They essentially have 3 options: report to management (the government), don’t report at all, and leak to the media.

Whistleblower protections exist to skew that calculus in favor of going through appropriate channels. Since the last two outcomes are unwanted, the idea is to promote more reporting and appropriate reporting by reducing the risk of negative consequences for appropriate reporting, thus increasing the likelihood of appropriate reports.

Now, what effect do you think results from the president of the United States publicly threatening to expose and punish a whistleblower?

If I thought Snowden was a hero, why would I be bitching about this? Conversely, and maybe the better question for you two: “if I didn’t think Snowden was a hero, why the hell would I be defending it?”

A simple yes or no answer would work. You asked him so why are you trying to dodge your own question?

Reactions: NorthDallas40
And yet here you are carrying water for a guy whose behavior will cause more people to do the same thing.

Well done.

Also, see above and don’t go back to making stupid assumptions.
Say what? You’ve gone full potato. I was making fun of Velo’s continual twitter plastering this place only and you decide to go on a screech fest over that? Bravo “counselor” bravo 👏

O M G ......... Pelosi is up there quoting Bible scriptures...........she doesn't believe in the Bible.....Lol.

Haha. Republicans talking about fidelity to the Bible. That's a good one. Would have worked a few years ago. Your fidelity to Trump shows though that the bible-thumping has always been a Machiavellian ruse.

Reactions: tvolsfan and Mick
Haha. Republicans talking about fidelity to the Bible. That's a good one. Would have worked a few years ago. Your fidelity to Trump shows though that the bible-thumping has always been a Machiavellian ruse.

Lmao ................ Swing and a miss. Try doing some actual work today @ the office and stay off VN....

I'll look into it. But in the meantime, Pelosi & Smelly Schiff running to the nearest TV cameras & mic to speak stupid again. That's all the Dems know to do now days. Dems need to legislate and not castigate.

No, that was before. Well, they do still run to the cameras but in addition to that they have learned how to impeach.

VN Store

Back