Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he got hit so much that he mentally locks up in games. He apparently doesn't do that in practice, presumably because he knows he isn't getting hit. I would argue that is PTSD, although 'it' may simply be the ability to perform as well or better under stress...which he clearly lacks, regardless the cause.
Here's my question about practice. Why not go full out and let the QB get hit in practice? At least make him feel uncomfortable in practice. Just makes sense to me.

Here's my question about practice. Why not go full out and let the QB get hit in practice? At least make him feel uncomfortable in practice. Just makes sense to me.
Because it’s far to easy for something as simple as a thumb hitting a face mask to blow up that decision and then the coach looks like an idiot for losing his QB for 8 weeks on unnecessary contact

I fully expect Maurer to start this weekend. They’ll test him to see how he reacts.

I’d guess JG will come in after a drive or two.

Unless he vastly improved his vision all of the sudden I don’t see how you start him. It is easier to fix Shrouts delivery than it is to fix Maurers vision. But you are probably right.....

Unless he vastly improved his vision all of the sudden I don’t see how you start him. It is easier to fix Shrouts delivery than it is to fix Maurers vision. But you are probably right.....

You've really figured out Maurer after 13 pass attempts?

I actually believe the exact opposite, delivery is very hard to reteach (see Tim Tebow) and it's easier to take a freshman into a film room to explain vision discipline and how to read his progressions than to completely rework a lifetime of delivery.

I actually believe the exact opposite, delivery is very hard to reteach (see Tim Tebow) and it's easier to take a freshman into a film room to explain vision discipline and how to read his progressions than to completely rework a lifetime of delivery.
I want to see Maurer have to work through multiple drives when they aren’t scripted beforehand. That’ll tell us what we need to know. (Not totally fair this week against that defense.)

scapegoat my “arse,” teams literally force him to throw the ball shallow. They just play outside contain with the DL ensuring we can’t run a screen and dare JG to try and throw it down field. Because they aren’t afraid of JG running or throwing.
For decades dumb-zz Adams plays one third-grade game: what would cause the most dissension on the team and harm the team the most?

That's all he's ever done. That's all he will ever do. It makes him feel important and it is SO easy and SO safe. Otherwise he would have to know and do something.

He did it in the very best years.

you are talking about changing a throwing motion (Tim Tebow). Shrouts issue isn’t throwing motion it is just getting the ball down instead of letting it sail. Those are not good comparisons lol. Good try, also if teaching read progressions and discipline were so easy JG would be really good right now.

I want to see Maurer have to work through multiple drives when they aren’t scripted beforehand. That’ll tell us what we need to know. (Not totally fair this week against that defense.)

Same, I just don't know how a guy with limited first team reps can somehow be written off 13 attempts into his career when he's a true freshman.

But I'm weird I guess. :|

Same, I just don't know how a guy with limited first team reps can somehow be written off 13 attempts into his career when he's a true freshman.

But I'm weird I guess. :|
For sure. We need to see him.

I do agree with chizzle that the eye test tells me Shrout is the guy if he gets his issues fixed - but there’s a reason Maurer passed him in the coaches eyes. There’s something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back