The Impeachment Thread

To some degree, all of our foreign policy is extortion. We’re one of the most powerful nations on earth with the biggest and best economy. We give out tons of foreign aid. We sell weapons. Everybody wants to be friends with us. There are always conditions to that friendship. It’s a quid pro quo.

The question isn’t even whether there’s a quid pro quo. The question is: Who benefits?

The aim of US foreign policy should always be to spread (philosophically) liberal democracy.
OR to derive some benefit for the American people.

It has never been and should never be acceptabke for an American official to use that status solely for their own personal gain. That’s corrupt, banana republic ********. Ironically, it’s exactly what Obama/Biden and the rest of the world were trying to STOP in Ukraine.

Thats exactly what Trump is accused of, here. The complaint says he leveraged the desire of Ukraine to ingratiate itself with America to serve his own personal interest to the detriment of American interests. It lays out a very systemic and premeditated attempt to do that.

If that’s what Biden did, then by all means exile him to Elba, but all of the evidence so far suggests that Biden acted in a way that served American policy interests by forcing out a prosecutor who was protecting corrupt oligarchs who were standing on the shoulders of the Ukranian people and hampering foreign development in that country. It may have served his self interest, but even that case is hardly air tight.

What Biden did, he shouldn’t have been the one to do it. What Trump is accused of never should have been done at all, the way it was done.

This is remedial fundamentals of government. Remedial fundamentals of right and wrong. You guys know this stuff. Stop debasing yourselves over petty tribalism. The Republican Party can find somebody better.
I wish I could like this more than once. Solid post.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Rudy has seriously lost his ******* mind... again, this is the President's attorney speaking here...

"Giuliani said he has not heard from any of the three House committees investigating whether Trump acted improperly in his communications with the Ukrainians. Asked if he was concerned he would be subpoenaed by the House, Giuliani laughed.

"I consider them a joke. A sad joke. They have no legitimacy. I would think of challenging their subpoena on the grounds that they're not a legitimate committee," Giuliani said."

He is gonna have the living sh*t slapped out of him by these committees. I have a feeling Rudy's gonna end up doing time when this is all said and done.
Good, he deserves it.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Russians have had leverage from that first Oval Office meeting, apparently, if not before. The Intel guys are from several administrations, but someone once in Trump's inner circle pushed the domino, had to have been.
Why didn’t Obama protect us from them? If he couldn’t do it then nobody can!

Thank God we've been lucky. Only slightly touched, slightly inconvenienced at times but very fortunate.
Same here in recent years in the Houston area. Ike and Harvey were no picnic but we survived, and Last Thursday morning I almost got washed away in my VW but ended up shipping an urgent catalyst order that afternoon which had only cropped up that morning. I wish our Vols could have that kind of luck.

Watching the self-soothing hugging and bias reinforcement going on among Red Hats in this thread is hilarious. "End of the Democratic Party!" "Just you wait! The truth is coming now!" "Muh Hillary!" "Muh Obama!" "Muh Biden!"

Even long haired dude in his mom's basement is getting in on the fun.

Keep reinforcing each other that Trump is perfect, perpetual Dear Leader and librulz will magically disappear tomorrow. Really, it is making for great reading, don't stop now.

Impressive considering all of the negative press coming from the propaganda arm of the dem party.

Less so when you remember that Obama was balls deep in a recession and Trump has enjoyed the fruits of Obama's labors. Fortunately there are zero indicators that we may be heading back towards a recession.

Reactions: zeppelin128
EFhMOqlU0AIxeME

Pack it in Rudy, you screwed your career when you attached yourself to Trump. You look more and more like a clown the longer you hang around him.

Screwed his career?

Dude is freaking old and at the very end of a long and successful career.

He doesn’t need money or a job at this point.

But thanks for giving us the MSNBC talking points.

Reactions: VolnJC
Less so when you remember that Obama was balls deep in a recession and Trump has enjoyed the fruits of Obama's labors. Fortunately there are zero indicators that we may be heading back towards a recession.
You and your cronies will get us there... keep it up, you can do it sonny.

Watching the self-soothing hugging and bias reinforcement going on among Red Hats in this thread is hilarious. "End of the Democratic Party!" "Just you wait! The truth is coming now!" "Muh Hillary!" "Muh Obama!" "Muh Biden!"

Even long haired dude in his mom's basement is getting in on the fun.

Keep reinforcing each other that Trump is perfect, perpetual Dear Leader and librulz will magically disappear tomorrow. Really, it is making for great reading, don't stop now.

ED-LihSXoAADWxu.jpg

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back