Shannon Reid and Jacquez Jones have entered the transfer portal

Thought Reid has seen significant playing time. Kind of surprised if he's in the portal, but whatever....

I wish these young men the best of luck. Hopefully they can get some PT at their next school.

Reactions: VolNExile
Does anyone know if they were encouraged to transfer? If the reports of dissension in the locker room are to be believed, is it possible they were problematic?

Does anyone know if they were encouraged to transfer? If the reports of dissension in the locker room are to be believed, is it possible they were problematic?
That's the belief among many, problematic that is.

Rumored, not sure I can say it's a fact. Butch had a different coaching style, he wanted to be a buddy first, a coach last. Remember him playing music over the loud speaker during practice, people kind of dancing around? There were several other things he did that I don't want to dig deep enough to recall.....he even purchased a very expensive car. Why? "Because recruits like it."

Pruitt came in with an entirely different work ethic, some say he's like a drill Sargent. I remember when he was first hired by TN, his former players saying "his players will hate him for a couple of weeks, but they will learn to love him." That quote stood out to me then, and still does to this day.

You have players who have experienced the easy, fun life who don't care anything about putting in the work that Pruitt requires because they didn't have to in the past. Are these rumors true? I tend to think they probably are, the folks entering in to the transfer portal were recruited by Jones. It's been rumored for, I know three years, that Jones encourage dissension and pitted players against each other. I will say this, although I hate it and hope I'm wrong. If JG doesn't get to play, I think he quickly turns into poison for the team. I don't know why I get that feeling, but I do.

**Edit* some would argue he's poison now.

Last edited:
That's the belief among many, problematic that is.

Rumored, not sure I can say it's a fact. Butch had a different coaching style, he wanted to be a buddy first, a coach last. Remember him playing music over the loud speaker during practice, people kind of dancing around? There were several other things he did that I don't want to dig deep enough to recall.....he even purchased a very expensive car. Why? "Because recruits like it."

Pruitt came in with an entirely different work ethic, some say he's like a drill Sargent. I remember when he was first hired by TN, his former players saying "his players will hate him for a couple of weeks, but they will learn to love him." That quote stood out to me then, and still does to this day.

You have players who have experienced the easy fun life who don't care anything about putting in the work that Pruitt requires because they didn't have to in the past. Are these rumors true? I tend to think they probably are, the folks entering in to the transfer portal were recruited by Jones. It's been rumored for, I know three years, that Jones encourage dissension and pitted players against each other. I will say this, although I hate it and hope I'm wrong. If JG doesn't get to play, I think he quickly turns into poison for the team. I don't know why I get that feeling, but I do.

Let’s not forget the choose to practice or not days...

How is this any different than Hurd? I wish them well but they basically quit too
Funny you bring that up. Weird we thought the players were the trouble....until the coach was fired then we found out that ....not so much. Im sure its different this time. I mean out coach has an excellent reputation in the temperament category.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Funny you bring that up. Weird we thought the players were the trouble....until the coach was fired then we found out that ....not so much. Im sure its different this time. I mean out coach has an excellent reputation in the temperament category.

He still quit

And jones is still a hack and a creep who was saved By Dobbs more times on talent than coaching.

Reactions: vols40

VN Store

Back