What did you have for dinner II?

Soaked my beans and now they're in the crock pot.

Wife doesn't like them but I've spiced them up a bit different (hot peppers mixed in with the onions) so we'll see this time.

Wife wanted ground beef crunchy tacos again, wife got ground beef crunchy tacos again. Only this time with avocados.

That looks delicious....
tenor.gif

Post-game activities went late. Didn't want to do more than doctor up a frozen cheese pizza with shaved shallots, ground beef, and shredded orange & white cheddar cheese.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Post-game activities went late. Didn't want to do more than doctor up a frozen cheese pizza with shaved shallots, ground beef, and shredded orange & white cheddar cheese.
A time honored "I don't feel like cooking" meal.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
Got down and wrestled with the fact that we probably won’t have a functioning kitchen (or downstairs bathroom) until Halloween, so time to embrace the Crock Pot.

Once again, forgot the pic, but tonight was Mexican Slow Cooker Casserole, except with Italian sausage to confuse things:
1 lb ground or crumbled meat (Italian sausage today)
1 onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
cumin, chili powder, garlic powder
1 can black beans
1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
2 ears grilled corn (or a bag of frozen corn)
1 cup uncooked quinoa
shredded Mexican cheese

Brown the meat, then onions (I have resigned myself to the erratic electric skillet)
Then throw everything into the crockpot and cook on high 2 1/2 - 3 hours (don’t add corn yet if already cooked)
Cut down to warm
Add cheese (+corn); ready to eat in 20 minutes but can sit on warm for hours

I didn’t think I’d revert to Casserole Mom after all these years, but there you go...

VN Store

Back