Maurer should be the starting QB for the remainder of the season.

Handing JG the starting position since last fall was a mistake.
If Maurer would of had more practice time with the first team, he would be better prepared at this point.
Still, I’d finish the season with BM & JT.
JG can sit on the sideline and sulk.
He had his opportunities, far too many at that.....

I don’t get why they brought JG back. Pruitt doesnt seem like he has clue of what to do.

Because Maurer was even worse.

Nevertheless, I'm at the point where I'm ready to go with Maurer. He's a true Freshmen and he's underestimating the size and speed of SEC defenders. He'll adjust eventually. Might take him some time.

I don't think JG is ever going to be a good leader. He's a better "passer" than anyone else on the team, but the offense feels totally out of sync with him in there. There's no energy or communication. At this point, I'm almost just willing to live with the fact that Maurer is probably going to throw 2-3 picks for the next few games in exchange for the fact that he might be able to move the offense and score some TDs occasionally.

In 2020, we have a wide open QB competition with Maurer, Bailey, Hill, and Shrout.

Nevertheless, I'm at the point where I'm ready to go with Maurer. He's a true Freshmen and he's underestimating the size and speed of SEC defenders. He'll adjust eventually. Might take him some time.

I don't think JG is ever going to be a good leader. He's a better "passer" than anyone else on the team, but the offense feels totally out of sync with him in there. At this point, I'm almost just willing to live with the fact that Maurer is probably going to throw 2-3 picks for the next few games in exchange for the fact that he might be able to score a few touchdowns.
Regardless of who it is. Make a decision and go with it.

I don't think JG is ever going to be a good leader. He's a better "passer" than anyone else on the team, but the offense feels totally out of sync with him in there. At this point, I'm almost just willing to live with the fact that Maurer is probably going to throw 2-3 picks for the next few games in exchange for the fact that he might be able to score a few touchdowns.

Maurer led us to our only points.

His floor is JG’s ceiling. No reasons to stick with JG

I'm for it. Listen I'm genuinely a compassionate caring kinda guy but JG is not good. It's like he smokes a "reefer" before he runs out onto the field. With Maurer.... young mistakes and such, yet I'm willing to deal with it. Experience goes a long way, unless of course you are JG. Also.... for the ones about to bash me for attacking a kid: he is not a kid, if it were June 6th 1944 he would be rushing the beaches of Normandy! Life is what it is, you can coddle someone for so long then you just have to let go..... I Release Thee Mr. JG

JG needs to hit the portal for his last year of eligibility. A year ago, everyone reveled in his maturity after the Auburn win, and now he looks like garbage. Too bad, $hit happens. Move on with BM.

VN Store

Back