Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty harsh Bass.

don't disagree on natural selection. but, its also free will of a critically thinking individual. Respecting God's laws and commands. Rules are there for a reason.

If the sign says 'will choot', prob best not to go in there.
That ain't me

12, 7th grade
My question would be to the coach is that if he sucked in the game, why wait to tell him at practice. And, if he is going to say he sucks, he really needs to say how he sucked. Telling a kid they did not play well without giving examples and without telling them how to fix it, is not coaching at all.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...ect-support-back-jeremy-pruitt-saturday-2019/

Reading this article, an interesting point I wanted to get people's thoughts on. The writer says:

"if Tennessee can’t pull off the upset and simply keeps it close to the end — something I wouldn’t rule out — perhaps that’ll begin to convince a jaded fan base that he can right the ship".

My views of CJP are realistic. First two losses one being the coaches and the other being the players, I understand he and his staff is working with what they have and developing plans/schemes that fit his players. Some are young and I get that. Would a loss be frustrating....yes. Would a close loss (Morale Victory) change my mind? I don't know. We have had way to morale victories and though they do soothe the sting of a blowout it's a loss.

I support CJP, this staff, and the players no matter the outcome. GO VOLS!

Well...in my family it was about being a Tennessean which I realize a lot of people here aren't. It was about Us vs Them...and growing up in the late 70s early 80s we endured a lot of humiliation, but it was a "Tennessee Volunteers don't quit when they are outmanned" attitude that was drilled into me by my pappaws as they would talk about Tennesseans getting annihilated at the Alamo, or destroying at New Orleans.

And that idea, that underdog stubbornness, was perfectly personified by the 85 Vols and even the 88 Vols in a weird way.

That is why the last few years have rubbed me so raw about the team that represents..US...all the softness and quitting, and don't care is just sickening to me..

Now this team, or at least some few members of this team may have some of those qualities as their default mode still, but I have decided that I am not...the team may not truly represent the..US..that my grandfathers would talk about...but I sure can, so I have made up my mind that I will not quit.

At some point I lost the whole “pride in losing” thing. When you get your eyes beat shut each week with little effort there’s nothing to be proud of anymore and it just becomes sad.

We have the best fans. They have short memories in regards to really bad performances. With all the support we do deserve more, not necessarily wins but raw effort, and still aren’t getting it. This is what happens when you take 10+ years off from caring about football though. I don’t know how long it takes to turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back