Top Bama Freshman to enter Transfer Portal

NATHAN05

Stuck in Gator land, hurry up retirement!!
Alabama's Nick Saban says top recruit has 'basically quit'

Antonio Alfano is asking to enter the transfer portal to weigh options. He's a D-lineman too............could really, really use him to boost next years line if he can get a hardship. Dad made comments that the grandmother is on life support, etc. I certainly feel like Tennessee is close enough to his hometown in New Jersey to warrant a waiver..........but thats just me. 5-star for you star gazers.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Alabama's Nick Saban says top recruit has 'basically quit'

Antonio Alfano is asking to enter the transfer portal to weigh options. He's a D-lineman too............could really, really use him to boost next years line if he can get a hardship. Dad made comments that the grandmother is on life support, etc. I certainly feel like Tennessee is close enough to his hometown in New Jersey to warrant a waiver..........but thats just me. 5-star for you star gazers.
Saban is such a turd for saying the kid is a quitter when his grandmother is on life support. Also....not sure it matters too much if we are "close" to his hometown. The way the NCAA grants and denies immediate eligibility makes absolutely no sense. In fact I bet the kid can use Saban's public comments as rationale for him to transfer and get immediate eligibilty regardless of proximity to New Jersey.

Cruddy Comment by Saban if this kid is grieving over his sick Grandmother.
Saban said Antonio Alfano stopped going to class and the football building. Saban added he tried to set up counseling for Alfano and it remains available, but “until he responds you just have to assume the guy quit.”

Doesn't sound Cruddy to me. Regardless of what's going on a quick two minute phone call or 1 sentence text is never too much to ask in the real world.

Wishing the man's grandmother a full recovery. Been down that road before, it's a hard one to go on. Shame on Saban for calling him a quitter. Classless

Reactions: feathersax
Wishing the man's grandmother a full recovery. Been down that road before, it's a hard one to go on. Shame on Saban for calling him a quitter. Classless

Here's the quote, “until he responds you just have to assume the guy quit.”. Nothing classless about it, it's the truth. Some of you people will find anything you can and try to twist it into a negative.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Well not sure if you ever had a love one on life support, but if you haven't it's a hell of an emotional rollercoaster. You don't care about football or stuff when you are dealing with a love one. Doesn't mean your a quitter, means you have more important things to focus on. Where was the need to call him a quitter. Saban could have easily had some PR person say something else but said quit. Don't have to reread that to understand that.

Reactions: feathersax
Here's the quote, “until he responds you just have to assume the guy quit.”. Nothing classless about it, it's the truth. Some of you people will find anything you can and try to twist it into a negative.

I feel for Alfano. I've lost grandparents. But the guy stopped showing up to class and practice without telling anyone. That's not how bereavement works. You can't just shut down your own life.

I feel for Alfano. I've lost grandparents. But the guy stopped showing up to class and practice without telling anyone. That's not how bereavement works. You can't just shut down your own life.
I have to agree with the bammer... I lost an older sister in 2010 that I was very close to. She died on a Wednesday and I was back at work the following Monday. I didn't want to be there but you can't just drop everything in life and forget about your obligations.

I have to agree with the bammer... I lost an older sister in 2010 that I was very close to. She died on a Wednesday and I was back at work the following Monday. I didn't want to be there but you can't just drop everything in life and forget about your obligations.
At least let those around you know what's going on. There is support everywhere.

Not saying you're wrong but people deal with things in different ways. Maybe this is the first time he's ever had to deal with something like this.

Reactions: American_PitVol
Not saying you're wrong but people deal with things in different ways. Maybe this is the first time he's ever had to deal with something like this.

Maybe it is. Maybe he is super close with his grandmother. Maybe he genuinely can't bring himself to do anything in his life other than grieve (which, if true, is troubling). But can his grief really prevent him from making a call to his coaches?

I remember we lost a OL not too long ago because his mother died.

Don't believe he ever played ball again. Always thought that was such a mistake on his part.

Reactions: American_PitVol
That, and I think it is probably fair to assume that the sick grandmother isn't the reason he's leaving. Saban is a hardass, but I highly doubt he'd say "the guy basically quit" in the disgusted way that he did if he truly was struggling because his grandmother was sick.

VN Store

Back