Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doeren would have been a freakin disaster...no way he recruits close to good enough here. He was a horrible candidate.
I think you’re right, but is it possible we’ve miscalculated this?

Of the last 3 coaches, I was least confident Butch could recruit in the SEC and he was able to do it better than Pruitt and Dooley.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Would anyone be upset if Justin Wilcox was hired? He has done well at Cal and he may have had the best defense at UT in the past decade. I do not want to fire Pruitt but I haven’t seen anyone mention his name.

I have a sincere appreciation for Tyler Byrd, based solely on his attitude and his embracing his special teams role.

In a transfer portal era and everyone a prima dona era, it can't be easy for the kid to come here as an All American and have the underwhelming career that he has. Would've been easy for him to take the easy way out like Maleik Gray and others have. Yet here he remains and continues to grind. VFL....

Hope we give him some looks (or as nerdy Simonton says, give him some burn) on offense. Would be cool if he could do enough to get a NFL camp invite.

Would anyone be upset if Justin Wilcox was hired? He has done well at Cal and he may have had the best defense at UT in the past decade. I do not want to fire Pruitt but I haven’t seen anyone mention his name.
He’s not a better defensive coordinator than Pruitt so to me if you’re going that route you just keep Pruitt.

Only previous hire I truly, without a doubt in my mind think would have won here that we didn't make for whatever reason.

Gary Patterson. To be able to do what he's done at TCU has been impressive. I think that's a very difficult school to recruit to (much like any private religious university is) and he's in a Power 5 conference competing pretty much every year.

Only previous hire I truly, without a doubt in my mind think would have won here that we didn't make for whatever reason.

Gary Patterson. To be able to do what he's done at TCU has been impressive. I think that's a very difficult school to recruit to (much like any private religious university is) and he's in a Power 5 conference competing pretty much every year.
Cutcliffe.

Reactions: whitw
Imagine Cut taking over this group of offensive linemen in their second or third years and Harrison Bailey already on campus.

Shooooowee.

book is still unwritten on pruitt. hard to say one way or the other at this point. GSU was bad. BYU had a CBJ flavor to it.

but Auburn and KY last year show promise.....recruiting the right type of players shows promise.

boils down to how well the continue to recruit, and more importantly, develop the rest of the roster.

need more time either way. i think you'll get to a point sometime in the future where anyone will be able to look back and say "see we should've known back then"........good or bad..........might be looking at the losses and saying or migh be looking at the wins and saying it.

roster is still the biggest issue. fix that, and let's see........

all the rest, just fodder as we distract ourselves from Florida week.

carry on.
BYU had a JG stench to it...

I think you’re right, but is it possible we’ve miscalculated this?

Of the last 3 coaches, I was least confident Butch could recruit in the SEC and he was able to do it better than Pruitt and Dooley.
This right here is a post that lets you know that Kingston is a troll...

Butch has out recruited Pruitt? Really? Pruitt has 1.5 recruiting classes under his belt so the comparison is extremely dumb to begin with.

But in that 1.5 recruiting classes, Pruitt already has one freshman All-American, and does anyone on here double that Henry T will be one as well? Oh, and lets not even talk about Crouch, Wanya, Gray, and Wright who are already starting and major contributors.

Do yourselves and this board a favor and put this guy on ignore.

well, game is on the line, one play to go.....why not call a time out and make sure everyone's up to speed on what they're expected to do?

it's monday morning qb'ing at it's finest..........but that would have been one way to avoid the disaster that was that last play.

or kick fg's insted of going for it on 4th down there? then the late game FG doesn't matter.

don't get it twisted, i'm not saying i blame the coaches per se. i am saying the way we lost that game had a very CBJ flavor to it, a la OU and FL 2015......and if those types of things become the norm, like they did with CBJ, then that's bad, and that IS on the coaches....it becomes who they are, just like it did with CBJ.
That game was nothing like OU and UF...come on man..the fact that Pruitt had the balls to go for it on 4th is a huuuuuuuuuuge difference just in itself, no freakin way Bitch would do that. I am glad he was aggresive, it may have helped cost that game, but it will pay dividends in the future.

I mean I'm fine with Pruitt. When we hired him I knew then 3-4 years, we're not even half way through year 2...so I've not suddenly changed the original expectations. Still a first time HC, in the toughest conference in college.

This season is about growth, depth, and improvement. 7 wins isn't off the table just yet, but it looks less attainable now than it did in August.

Recruiting we just gotta keep Bailey. The "future" will be the biggest sell for the 2021 class, and if we've not got a stud QB sitting on roster it's a hard sell.

Important perspective to keep.

A line from my messages this last summer “maturity and growth is never a straight line”

This right here is a post that lets you know that Kingston is a troll...

Butch has out recruited Pruitt? Really? Pruitt has 1.5 recruiting classes under his belt so the comparison is extremely dumb to begin with.

But in that 1.5 recruiting classes, Pruitt already has one freshman All-American, and does anyone on here double that Henry T will be one as well? Oh, and lets not even talk about Crouch, Wanya, Gray, and Wright who are already starting and major contributors.

Do yourselves and this board a favor and put this guy on ignore.
I’m just going by numbers - it’s impossible to know how Pruitt’s classes play out.

I think recruiting amongst the two staffs have been largely on the same level. Butch had the legacy class which really helped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back