Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the same posters claiming both
1. Pruitt is finished because recruiting stalls after losses.
2. Leach would be really successful, including recruiting despite losing at 1st also.

Ok🙄

And pretending Leach was an option for Fulmer. If those above him were open to that idea, they could have gone thru with it and still fired Currie.
But I'm never bored when Hank's serving hot takes, keeps everyone on their toes.

You literally just argued with me about conferences then turned around and used a SEC reference about speed. You just made my point for me.

Lulz, Gtfoh

Why don't you re-read my post about Leach and end this pointless vendetta you're trying to cook up with me.

2. Leach would be really successful, including recruiting despite losing at 1st also.

Ok🙄

And pretending Leach was an option for Fulmer. If those above him were open to that idea, they could have gone thru with it and still fired Currie.
But I'm never bored when Hank's serving hot takes, keeps everyone on their toes.
Lose to Portland State- ok
Lose to Georgia State- burn this mother to the ground.

Why don't you re-read my post about Leach and end this pointless vendetta you're trying to cook up with me.
You serious right now? I mean, you responded to me. Then hit me with the whole “you don’t know what a fact is”.

Again, you proved my point by referencing the SPEED of the SEC vs. everyone else.

Just let it go.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
lol. find me something that says TN's doesn't?

there's also the point of "we dont' have a choice" right now.

they just painted the rock with the whole "we support our coach and players"............doubt you saw anything like that on UCLA's campus last week lol.

if you're out on pruitt, fine. but i'd bet if you're out now, you were out before he ever got started. prolly still steaming that he coached the bammers in the national title game instead of 'cruitin for TN!!!!
LOL, I was agreeing with you...amd one person painted the rock. "the fan base" did not paint the rock. I was just saying that our start would inevitably cause any fan base to react the way a lot of ours has.

Reactions: jakez4ut
We are the Kings of next year.
Next year will be - why are the receivers so bad? Welp, we lose our top 2 or 3 ballcatchers. Same thing that happened to DL this year. Until we land 4 straight top 8-13 level classes, we'll keep rebuilding, not reloading some major position group each year.

Reactions: crazyguy

Ok🙄

Literally just said fulmer would never hire leach. Everyone knew leach wanted the job when Phil became AD. He didn’t even choose to interview him. Pump the breaks bud

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
LOL, I was agreeing with you...amd one person painted the rock. "the fan base" did not paint the rock. I was just saying that our start would inevitably cause any fan base to react the way a lot of ours has.
oh, ok, gotcha. i misunderstood then.

no, the whole fan base didn't do the rock...but as it made it's way on to social media etc....there was still a fair amount of "support".

i don't expect everyone to be happy. hell i'm not happy.

but there is, i think for the most part, a general understanding of where we are as a program, and where the roster is currently. doesn't excuse what happened against GSU at all...........

it did however i think illustrate how far off we are from a depth standpoint. we should be able to roll out the 2's and beat GSU.

uh, well.....we can't do that................

anyway....i misread your response.

I think it’s a combination of what you mentioned but we also don’t have a leader in the group. Need someone to step up like Jennings did.
Don't think a leader will do much for them right now. They simply aren't there. Lacking top talent. 1st year jucos never do anything in the trenches. I do think next year with gooden we should be decent. People hoping for 'decent' or average this year were way overplaying our hand.

We can realistically hope for average next year imo. Still 2-3 years from above average. Poor DL recruiting has set back our timeline for challenging for the east imo. This line won't hold a yard vs uga this or next year. We need stud HS guys to come up through this staff from day 1. Will take time.

It’s not a matter of harder or easier. It’s just two totally different positions basically. Some players can’t play man, some can’t play zone.

Richard Sherman is a primary example of a zone corner. If you put him on a team that plays a lot of man he will look like a totally different player.
Ya, that guy who went to the eagles whose name I can't spell. He was the top man corner in a LONG time but struggled in a zone scheme. Same as QB. Put Brady on a team with an offense like Seattle (assuming they don't adapt the offense to the QB in this hypothetical), and he would look like a totally different player.

Reactions: HankHill
Literally just said fulmer would never hire leach. Everyone knew leach wanted the job when Phil became AD. He didn’t even choose to interview him. Pump the breaks bud

Question. What’s the fascination with Leech?
Are you on him because he was the best IYO out of the coaches we interviewed.
If not he is definitely WAYYYYYY down the list of good coaches in college football. Not including the Saban, Myers, and Dabos

Reactions: OrangenSC
You serious right now? I mean, you responded to me. Then hit me with the whole “you don’t know what a fact is”.

Again, you proved my point by referencing the SPEED of the SEC vs. everyone else.

Just let it go.

Never even implied the Pac-12 was the same level as the SEC, not sure where you've gotten this. Hell I didn't even say Leach could have a top 60 defense here at UT, but your original statement was about why you didn't like him as a hire...where you stated he just put 11 man out there on defense. Which is wrong, he has had good defenses at WSU, didn't say that would translate to the SEC you made that jump for some reason.

We don't know what his teams or defense would do in the SEC, that's the only point I've made. WE DON'T KNOW. Everything else is speculation, but he has had good defenses in the Pac-12 with lesser talent in a harder to recruit location. That isn't speculation, it's supported with historic statistical rankings which I shared.

You countered with "In the PAC-12" my retort was that I didn't care where it happened. And I still don't, you have a fantastic day though, I'm done.

Pruitt most certainly is going somewhere, and hopefully this year. He's tanked the program even further, and we've forgotten that fact for a week because he beat a local Knox County HS squad. We're going to lose out except for UAB, maybe.
You should probably play in traffic, or find a new team to "support".

Never even implied the Pac-12 was the same level as the SEC, not sure where you've gotten this. Hell I didn't even say Leach could have a top 60 defense here at UT, but your original statement was about why you didn't like him as a hire...where you stated he just put 11 man out there on defense. Which is wrong, he has had good defenses at WSU, didn't say that would translate to the SEC you made that jump for some reason.

We don't know what his teams or defense would do in the SEC, that's the only point I've made. WE DON'T KNOW. Everything else is speculation, but he has had good defenses in the Pac-12 with lesser talent in a harder to recruit location. That isn't speculation, it's supported with historic statistical rankings which I shared.

You countered with "In the PAC-12" my retort was that I didn't care where it happened. And I still don't, you have a fantastic day though, I'm done.
TL;DR

Reactions: RikidyBones

Ok🙄

I just don’t understand why there is any talk of Pruitt going anywhere. This is a rebuild, he’s playing freshmen and sophomores all over the field. We’ve already looked back at that 2017 recruiting class. Most are gone and the ones here aren’t very good with the exception of a couple. Those are the upperclassmen.

With that said, losing to GSU was awful and it’s on him. But he isn’t the first coach with a loss like that and he won’t be the last. It is absolutely foolish to say you’re already out on Pruitt or to be talking about hiring someone else. Look at our team. Who are our best players? Outside of the receivers and Trey Smith, the best players on this team are Pruitts guys. How about letting him get more than 1 full recruiting class before you’re talking about a coaching change. Ridiculous.

Question. What’s the fascination with Leech?
Are you on him because he was the best IYO out of the coaches we interviewed.
If not he is definitely WAYYYYYY down the list of good coaches in college football. Not including the Saban, Myers, and Dabos

I mean obviously. No one is in the class with those 3. I would consider Lincoln riley the next best coach in CFB and his biggest mentor is mike leach. The similarities and creativity in their offenses are unmatched. I think way too many people question a coach’s personality and recruiting persona, especially in the SEC, over their actual coaching ability and scheme. When time after time coaches that have basically no connections or are unfamiliar with south have great success coming into this league or region and recruiting/finding quality players (urban, jakes Franklin, Butch, and countless assistant coaches). You’re only gonna recruit as good as your university and resources allow. I think building a staff full of “recruiters” has hurt us at least in the short term for now under Pruitt. So i would’ve loved to have seen coach (not just leach) who’s scheme has been proven very successful not just with him at different stops but with his coaching tree as well. Dino barbers would be someone i liked and he is from that tree as well and doing well at Syracuse

My ignore list is getting quite long thanks to these last 3 weeks.
I can’t see half this thread right now but it’s obvious who everyone is arguing with.

If we win Saturday the same cast will be calling for Pruitt to be fired because we should be 4-0.

This weeks announcers for the UT v UF game are a couple of guys named Bob Wischusen and Dan Orlovsky. I can't recall ever hearing these two announcers call a game.

Wischusen has been doing higher level games for several years now. He usually does the noon eastern game, and he used to do some regional games on ABC. He is also the radio guy for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back