Banks at Linebacker

Pruitt on Banks at LB

“He could be as good a linebacker I’ve ever coached”
-Pruitt

Where do you guys like Banks more, RB or LB?
Might be wrong but I don't think Banks looks happy at LB even when he makes good plays...
Not sure I like Crouch on the D line rushing either....even though he runs down the line and makes a play....can't understand it...can't they put Elijah there to rush the QB every now and then

Reactions: OEF VOL and Pacer92
Might be wrong but I don't think Banks looks happy at LB even when he makes good plays...
Not sure I like Crouch on the D line rushing either....even though he runs down the line and makes a play....can't understand it...can't they put Elijah there to rush the QB every now and then
I’m hoping there saving Elijah for the upcoming gauntlet so they can hopefully still red shirt him....

I don’t know. It kinda sounds good.

He's got the range and build to be a very good one. If he buys into it he'll be really good.
Has also has good speed and can catch the football as well as run after the interception.. For the team, I like him more at LB bcause we have other backs who are very good. However, I would like to see him at RB in short yardage situations.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Honestly, I have mixed feelings about where he should play. I think with the QB situation right now that we need all the help we can get on offense. As an example, against Florida I don’t think that we have a chance running it at say 3rd and 2, and definitely not at 4th and 1.

Then again, on defense I think he brings a spark and energy that is also needed. Bituli was quoted today that he believes Banks best position is LB and is very high on him.
I think with the slow start of Peterson that JP sees Banks and ToTo as the future LB studs.

For his long term career past college probably LB is best for him. So, with about 35% of his college career already gone, he needs to be playing a permanent position where his best potential is. I think we have to respect and applaud JP’s decision on this move.

I also think crouch is bettr at LB at the present time. I have not seen him at RB in college but has been impressed at how quickly he is adjusting to LB. We just might have the best set of LBs in the SEC by November.

I still feel as though we have a lot of talent on this team. When Banks can truly learn the position, I believe Pruitt when he says he could be one of the best. Hopefully Pruitt gets a couple of years to develop this youth.

I don’t think it’s even close at this point. He’s had issues with ball security on offense. On defense he’s been a pleasant surprise, he could be special at LB.

VN Store

Back