Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely no double pump by JG on that throw, I’ve watched it several times, moved it frame by frame in slow motion. As soon as he gets the ball up at eye level he is throwing it. No pump fakes involved. Maybe his throwing motion takes too long, but that’s more a mechanics issue than a decisiveness issue.

Look, I’m no JG fan and wished Shrout or Maurer looked more game ready yesterday, but I can’t see any double pumping or clutching in that one throw. If you want to tell me a Florida safety would have covered ground faster than a UTC safety I’m sure that’s right, but that’s a different question.

Here is the video again. Judging from the replies this is one of those blue/black dress vs. white/gold dress things.

Definitely no double pump by JG on that throw, I’ve watched it several times, moved it frame by frame in slow motion. As soon as he gets the ball up at eye level he is throwing it. No pump fakes involved. Maybe his throwing motion takes too long, but that’s more a mechanics issue than a decisiveness issue.

Look, I’m no JG fan and wished Shrout or Maurer looked more game ready yesterday, but I can’t see any double pumping or clutching in that one throw. If you want to tell me a Florida safety would have covered ground faster than a UTC safety I’m sure that’s right, but that’s a different question.

Here is the video again. Judging from the replies this is one of those blue/black dress vs. white/gold dress things.

He had it out at about 2.5 seconds from the snap.

I think it's more about the timing of the play. It takes a significant amount of time to do the play action and get into the position to throw. Maybe he's slow to get to that point? I thought ball should have been delivered about 2-3 yards earlier but it's a TD. It wasn't perfect by any means but he made the play.

How does that happen? How would he get a scholarship to and SEC team without starting a HS game?

EDIT:If I would have read down two more posts from Nick's I would have known....
Guarantano committed to Tennessee before starting a HS game....

Joined a fantasy league my buddy invited me to one night on a whim. Assumed it was free, drafted my team without research, now 2-0 with a killer Pats D and Aaron Ekeler pulling me to 2 blowout wins, most points in the league by far through 2 weeks, even got Dak on the bench killing it...then find out today it was a $50 league I was invited to.

Luck of the Irish!!!

I think it's more about the timing of the play. It takes a significant amount of time to do the play action and get into the position to throw. Maybe he's slow to get to that point? I thought ball should have been delivered about 2-3 yards earlier but it's a TD. It wasn't perfect by any means but he made the play.

If the video had continued they would see Weinke working JG over as they walked down the sideline together. You are correct - timing of the play was off because of the slow fake/drop.

Which is the point despite the Sunday revisionism on here. He was late on half his throws for several reasons. That cannot happen against SEC foes, they are much quicker than Chattanooga, GA State and BYU.

He literally throws the ball as soon as he plants his foot. The pa is slow developing, but Jg’s pass wasn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back