Tossing the cleat

I remember an early season game between Bama and Southern Cal a couple of years ago when a Trojan player stomped a Bama player in the crouch while he was on the ground. What happened was that Bama got fired up and returned the favor to the entire USC team on the scoreboard.

that's on the refs...should've been a penalty...but, we see a lot of unusual things being a Vol fan...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INpXYAJ.gif

We need some fire!!!!! He should have shoved the guy. Take a penalty. (He wouldn't have gotten ejected for just shoving the guy, just a penalty). We have nothing else firing us up. The team will rally behind him if he acts like an alpha. LEAD YOUR TEAM DAMNIT!!!!!

Reactions: keenobserver
No... Should have been an unsportsmanlike call on the guy who threw it...
Unsportsmanlike is tooooo much. Maybe a delay of game. I don't know the rule, but helmet off, your out for one play, how about a shoe??? I think it was handled correctly. The Face Masking call against BYU later in the game, went for UT, as the replay showed the BYU player in fact did not have a hand on his mask. Maybe they "got away with one" on the shoe, but lost one on the Face Mask-in either case, we looked and played like CRA*!!! And overall the game was played with very few player on player penalties.

I would have preferred JG to "gently" shove the culpit....at least to show his displeasure with he who was responsible......not look like a taddle tale.....you millenials kill me..
I agree back in the day Al Wilson would have come off the sideline and politely jerked a knot in his booty . It’s all about attitude !

I agree back in the day Al Wilson would have come off the sideline and politely jerked a knot in his booty . It’s all about attitude !

Well said.

volssportsfan will call you an internet "tough guy" if you advocate for our best players to be more mentally and physically tough.

Last edited:
We need some fire!!!!! He should have shoved the guy. Take a penalty. (He wouldn't have gotten ejected for just shoving the guy, just a penalty). We have nothing else firing us up. The team will rally behind him if he acts like an alpha. LEAD YOUR TEAM DAMNIT!!!!!

This.

Well said.

volssportsfan will call you an internet "tough guy" if you advocate for our best players to be more mentally and physically tough.

Funny you call out “millennials”, yet you started a thread whining about how one of our players acted on one play.

Funny you call out “millennials”, yet you started a thread whining about how one of our players acted on one play.

You're right. I whined in the post about that particular play, but the intention (which I think most people got) was to highlight the lack of fire, intensity, emotion, that is lacking on this team....I never advocated a punch, getting a penalty or thrown out of a game.....Just a little passion from the leadership on the football team...

You're gonna be ok..... Take a deep breath, put on your ear buds and listen to some Taylor Swift.

You're right. I whined in the post about that particular play, but the intention (which I think most people got) was to highlight the lack of fire, intensity, emotion, that is lacking on this team....I never advocated a punch, getting a penalty or thrown out of a game.....Just a little passion from the leadership on the football team...

You're gonna be ok..... Take a deep breath and listen to some Taylor Swift.

And you go find a towel to cry into.

Also maybe be a little quicker on your comebacks so you don’t have to edit them later.

And you go find a towel to cry into.

Also maybe be a little quicker on your comebacks so you don’t have to edit them later.

...lol.... You seemed a little too tore up about the millennial reference so I had second thoughts about the comeback....Please, Please, Please accept my apology.

Did anyone see JG's face when a mormon tossed his shoe to the sideline? He looked as if he wanted to tell the teacher.... Is there anyone here who remembers when we had some alpha males that might have committed such a crime? Would anyone like the leader of their team to at least pretend to get into a scuffle? Seems like a mature team (oline) would have fought this battle for him..#quitlookinglikeasissy
He did look like he was going to cry

Reactions: keenobserver
Did anyone see JG's face when a mormon tossed his shoe to the sideline? He looked as if he wanted to tell the teacher.... Is there anyone here who remembers when we had some alpha males that might have committed such a crime? Would anyone like the leader of their team to at least pretend to get into a scuffle? Seems like a mature team (oline) would have fought this battle for him..#quitlookinglikeasissy

He should have gave that guy a wedgie!

If that were Peyton, one of our OL would have broke his jaw!

VN Store

Back