And So it begins

People decommit from places all the time. Georgia and Florida just lost people as well. Our fans want the sky to fall so badly.
No doubt! Some of them love the process of a coaching search as much as the rest of us love the game itself. Soon.....the Beaver and all the clowns claiming to know things that never come to fruition will be claiming the search is in full swing. It's like their Christmas!

giphy.gif
No........The end is here!

People can put on the brave face all they want but if we start out 1-6, which I wouldn't bet against, it's going to get ug...ly in recruiting.

Its a mixed blessing and curse. Yes, a poor record makes recruits wonder about how well they will be prepared by the current staff to take their shot at the NFL. On the other hand, it gives Pruitt credibility to tell a player he has a chance to start or play much earlier than if he goes to a team with a star studded 2 deep.

Don't care about stars, but I do care about the VOLS. If he was not going to be with us 100% then I am fine with him going where he wants. I will give my all for TN today has to mean something, and if these recruits and players don't believe that, then they will never put us back to where we were. 2,3,4,5 star doesn't matter. Effort, execution, coachability, and commitment can overcome a lack of talent enough to be respectable every year. Some of the best players are not the best athletes but are the ones willing to do what it takes to be the best. Let's hope we find another kid who wants to give their all for TN today. *Disclaimer-I want the best football players possible five star or no star. Not a star gazer or star hater. I just like winning and Rye Whiskey.

Don't care about stars, but I do care about the VOLS. If he was not going to be with us 100% then I am fine with him going where he wants. I will give my all for TN today has to mean something, and if these recruits and players don't believe that, then they will never put us back to where we were. 2,3,4,5 star doesn't matter. Effort, execution, coachability, and commitment can overcome a lack of talent enough to be respectable every year. Some of the best players are not the best athletes but are the ones willing to do what it takes to be the best. Let's hope we find another kid who wants to give their all for TN today. *Disclaimer-I want the best football players possible five star or no star. Not a star gazer or star hater. I just like winning and Rye Whiskey.
Name fits....

Certainly no cause for panic at this point. If it becomes a trend, then it will become worrisome. In any event, I would say losing Bailey would be a major blow.

Gentlemen, as our diction/conjugation challenged coach might say: "We brung this here gal to the dance, and we just gotta see how this plays out. Gotta leave wid da gal you brung"

We need to get the talented players that want to START for an SEC team. Trust me, they exist. There will be people who will want to play for Tennessee just because they see them as currently a sorry team with a big fanbase in a big conference. It is your chance to come and start under the bright lights.

It is sad but playing time and SEC is your selling point. You can't sell being a Championship team. However, not everyone wants to play for a loaded Alabama or Georgia because their chance for playing time might not be available (at least not right away).

People can put on the brave face all they want but if we start out 1-6, which I wouldn't bet against, it's going to get ug...ly in recruiting.
Of the 14 committed so far a 1-6 start and that number drops to maybe 4-5 commits if that. Recruiting will be interesting to watch as the games unfold and losses mount..

"ranked by 247Sports as the No. 742 overall player"

tha f@#$ outta here with that. Losing the 742 player is not even worth typing this out. In fact, I'd rather have the 30 seconds back it took to type this than a commitment from the 742nd player. Deuces.

Reactions: tnvols72

tha f@#$ outta here with that. Losing the 742 player is not even worth typing this out. In fact, I'd rather have the 30 seconds back it took to type this than a commitment from the 742nd player. Deuces.
It's funny that this is being said now, previously we needed to stop complaining about losing to a 2-10 Sunbelt school and BYU because our recruiting was so good. If this guy sucked so bad, why did Beldar the Bammer ever take his commitment?

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Love the post. Gotta be willing to bleed!!

We got got three commits rated below that number. Should they be cut loose?

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back