Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
ubben is literally the least click-baity writer that has maybe ever covered tennessee sports.

Cool. Keep telling him to do his thing. That doesn't mean that there aren't a bunch of folks that do and it's not Pruitt's responsibility to give them all press passes.

We need to come out Saturday with the pedal to the metal, determined to get up huge by halftime. None of this vanilla garbage. Come out and stomp on them so that Maurer and Shrout can play in the second half. It would also be nice to get Crouch, Harrison, and Banks more reps before we enter SEC play.

I can tell you this. Crouch really flashed in the game Saturday. His thighs looked like tree trunks to me. A beautiful pass break up..
Guys, Pruitt might be right. We're going to see more and more of these kids in the coming games as they feel they are ready.........Maybe people were way out in left field thinking how much better this team was or could be at the start of the season....
I'm like you I just want to watch these kids on the field of play and watch them improve and make plays and I think most of us will be happy. Looks like we got some very good young ones...

Imagine a freshman playing MLB in the SEC on a team in rebuild mode.....thats a tall order right there........lets give these kids thats coming on credit on the msg board

That’s what Pruitt is hanging his hat on and honestly I think that’s the only reason why Shrout is ahead of Maurer
I hope that’s not the case the guy with the most heart and want to should be playing at this point. I feel like they are trying not to let JG get to down on himself in case he can make some miraculous recovery, but at this point that just doesn’t seem likely. We need a baptism by fire with either shrout or Maurer, and I think that guy should be Maurer he has shown a love and care for this university since day one in my eyes and deserves his chance to either sink or swim.

You guys are still talking about firing Pruitt? Not happening. Not this year. It's all about holding the core of the recruiting class together and trying to finish with the best talent we can get.
I’m with it. I don’t think firing Pruitt is the answer right now.

But what I think is funny is you (and @Atlanta VOL to an extent) were adamant that this was a 7 or 8 win team this season and that if it weren’t that there were going to be a ton of very unhappy people in the administration. To me, someone who reads what you guys say with the notion you are connected to the program in some capacity, that sounds an awful lot like heads might roll. So to act like it’s crazy to think the worst season in Tennessee history - which we’re on pace for - might, MIGHT, result in a termination, is wild to me.

No one is advocating for Pruitt to be fired. No one. But to act like it isn’t even in the realm of possibility is irresponsible.

This is a 5 year rebuild no question. It was stupid of us to get our hopes up for 8 wins this year. This roster isn’t talented or deep enough. This season doesn’t matter to me. We will get a 15-20 recruiting class and keep building up. Excited for more purging.

Not to mention, we gained new coordinators on each side of the ball in the same offseason. Not a recipe for success.

I skipped back also, started to grab a screenshot of you naming him starter or calling him "brilliant" in the pocket but since this was actually about your eye for coaches, grabbed this instead
20190910_151722.jpg

Sidenote, until I read a bunch of your posts together, I really didn't realize the extent of your man crush on Jones...Bro, uhg.

Cool. Keep telling him to do his thing. That doesn't mean that there aren't a bunch of folks that do and it's not Pruitt's responsibility to give them all press passes.

you're right, its not pruitt's responsibly to hand out press passes, the athletic communications department does. but when access is limited in a way that runs counter to the practices of programs across the country like bama, clemson, and most every other school in the country, does a writer--who was paid to move here with his family to write about tennessee football-- not have a right to be irked his job is made that much harder?

i just don't understand the hostility, that's all.

I skipped back also, started to grab a screenshot of you naming him starter or calling him "brilliant" in the pocket but since this was actually about your eye for coaches, grabbed this instead
View attachment 224247

Sidenote, until I read a bunch of your posts together, I really didn't realize the extent of your man crush on Jones...Bro, uhg.

Is the search feature a lot easier than I'm making it out to be or do you and @HankHill have far more available time in the day than you really need?

Reactions: TheMagnificantOne
I hope that’s not the case the guy with the most heart and want to should be playing at this point. I feel like they are trying not to let JG get to down on himself in case he can make some miraculous recovery, but at this point that just doesn’t seem likely. We need a baptism by fire with either shrout or Maurer, and I think that guy should be Maurer he has shown a love and care for this university since day one in my eyes and deserves his chance to either sink or swim.

I like Maurer a lot man.it says a lot about a kid who’s 3rd on the depth chart and a freshman,who jumps the number 2# man from getting on the field all over a shoe being thrown to the sidelines.i like that fire 🔥

Get a QB and our offense will be great under Chaney. We all know that.

When Pruitt gets his guys, his defense will be nasty. We also know that.

Stick to the plan. We're going to be fine. Give him time.
I want to preface this by saying I think you might be right. And more to the point, I hope you’re right.

But here’s the question: what is the minimum expectation for the rest of the season? Does Pruitt get a free pass? Because if he does I can talk myself into signing on for it - just want to know how other people think.

I’ll give you offense but not defense. It’s pruitts defense. Nothing is changing.
The players man. He lost really the only thing good Butch left in Kyle Phillips and Tuttle. Those 16 and 17 classes were atrocious. We should have 2 deep of junior and senior d tackles. The thing about Pruitt is he’s owning it. Something Butch never did.

I like Maurer a lot man.it says a lot about a kid who’s 3rd on the depth chart and a freshman,who jumps the number 2# man from getting on the field all over a shoe being thrown to the sidelines.i like that fire 🔥
Exactly that one moment did it for me. I think this staff at this point should exhaust all options to find the guy or at least prove to us ( I know they don’t care what we think probably) that literally JG is the only option after the last couple performances he’s had. Heck to me he’s never been too good he’s had moments but even a blind bird gets a worm now and then.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I want to preface this by saying I think you might be right. And more to the point, I hope you’re right.

But here’s the question: what is the minimum expectation for the rest of the season? Does Pruitt get a free pass? Because if he does I can talk myself into signing on for it - just want to know how other people think.
In RF, Pruitt can do no wrong apparently. Jump on the bandwagon and hang on for the ride. If the ride gets too bumpy, the bandwagon will take a hard turn and keep on going. Either way, you'll be a football god like all the rest.

Get a QB and our offense will be great under Chaney. We all know that.

When Pruitt gets his guys, his defense will be nasty. We also know that.

Stick to the plan. We're going to be fine. Give him time.
I think the defense we’ve been playing hasn’t been talked about enough. Starters from last year: Darrell Taylor, Nigel Warrior, Deandre Johnson, Alontae Taylor. Every other position is either a freshman or new to the team (juco, transfer). Those dudes only gave up one touchdown all game (during regulation). Definitely makes me excited for next years defense. Sure we’ll need Crouch and To’oto’to to continue to improve to fill in for Bituli and DT, but they look promising so far. D line gets every one back plus Gooden. And can we talk about Bumphus being a freakin stud??

I’m with it. I don’t think firing Pruitt is the answer right now.

But what I think is funny is you (and @Atlanta VOL to an extent) were adamant that this was a 7 or 8 win team this season and that if it weren’t that there were going to be a ton of very unhappy people in the administration. To me, someone who reads what you guys say with the notion you are connected to the program in some capacity, that sounds an awful lot like heads might roll. So to act like it’s crazy to think the worst season in Tennessee history - which we’re on pace for - might, MIGHT, result in a termination, is wild to me.

No one is advocating for Pruitt to be fired. No one. But to act like it isn’t even in the realm of possibility is irresponsible.
No one anticipated JG being a train wreck. As many have stated, with an average at best QB, we are 2-0.
Have you watched the games? JG would be considered horrible for a middle school QB.

Free pass it’s too early in his tenure to fire him regardless of this seasons outcome he inherited a pile of ****. Each time we fire a coach we just basically reset the clock. This staff for the most part I’ll exclude friend is full of good coaches. What if that crappy Wannabe school in South Carolina had given up on Dabo in year two. Guaranteed they wouldn’t be hanging banners every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back