Path to a bowl game

No I haven’t been sniffing glue, drinking moonshine or smoking crack. I truly believe if we continue our game by game improvement on the same trajectory as from game 1 to game 2 that we can win 6 games.

JG has to play better...not lights out, just better. Simplify his reads. Two reads for every pass play and then check down or run. OL needs to continue to improve. BYU was a big step in right direction but they need to establish a starting 5 this week to start building chemistry and cohesiveness. Our defensive leader Bituli comes back and adds stability to the defense and the freshmen studs need to keep growing and learning. Defense MUST generate turnovers! Coaching...I really liked Pruitt’s comments today to the Touchdown club despite the out of context Titanic comment. He seems to be circling the wagons and I think the players will respond.

If this occurs, like I think it will...we can find 6 wins.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

If you don’t agree that’s fine. No need to respond and say and say so. I know I’m in the minority. Honestly I’m most worried about the JG aspect. He has to play better but I still believe in this team and by damn it feels a lot better to have hope each Saturday.

Barring a monumental upset of bama, FL or Geo, that's pretty much it.

If you look at that list, all of those SEC teams, possibly including Tennessee, will all have different QBs from last season.

Reactions: FBtime and MAD
Well you can argue either way...
We have certainly given indication we are quite bad. 0-2 to bad teams. Or maybe Utah is again top tier pac 12 and maybe BYU is not terrible?

But, in the world of sports crazy turn arounds do occasionally happen...
Assume for a sec - UTC is a win, UAB is a win, UKy is possibly bad, vandy may have some serious issues,

That leaves South Car and one other real shocker needed - maybe MSU?

If the team could pull that - at this point it would be huge. So still a couple of teaspoons in the koolaid glass!

If JG improves a bowl game is on the table. If he doesn't and the young QB truly isn't ready like coaches say then 2-10 is also on the table.

Last edited:
No I haven’t been sniffing glue, drinking moonshine or smoking crack. I truly believe if we continue our game by game improvement on the same trajectory as from game 1 to game 2 that we can win 6 games.

JG has to play better...not lights out, just better. Simplify his reads. Two reads for every pass play and then check down or run. OL needs to continue to improve. BYU was a big step in right direction but they need to establish a starting 5 this week to start building chemistry and cohesiveness. Our defensive leader Bituli comes back and adds stability to the defense and the freshmen studs need to keep growing and learning. Defense MUST generate turnovers! Coaching...I really liked Pruitt’s comments today to the Touchdown club despite the out of context Titanic comment. He seems to be circling the wagons and I think the players will respond.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

If you don’t agree that’s fine. No need to respond and say and say so. I know I’m in the minority. Honestly I’m most worried about the JG aspect. He has to play better but I still believe in this team and by damn it feels a lot better to have hope each Saturday.
Nice post.

Now, get ready to hear from Doubting Thomas, Archie Bunker, Chicken Little, The Russian Judge, Bet-he Don’t, etc. 😃

Reactions: FBtime
The most interesting thing Pruitt said today at his presser is about the defense.
He basically said we lost the first two games because the defense didn’t have enough quality depth to overcome losing Gooden, Buchanan, Bituli, and Thompson.
He really said that?

sea-of-trees-1-1024x683.jpg

Uh..not so clear of a path...

23FCC94A-1985-428C-A755-ACB531C27C85.gif

Now we gots a path!

I don't see it. There would have to be major lineup and game plan changes that I doubt we have the players or mentality to accomplish.

Reactions: MAD
I think the season now sort of hinges on the Mississippi State game. If they lose that game, they will be 1-6 going into the South Carolina game.

If that's the case, the "tank" may be on and I don't know what the effort level would be the rest of the way.

I really don't think a 3-9 record is out of the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Titan05 and MAD
There have been some amazing transformations over the years with teams that started the season looking bad. But at this point we would have to have a monumental and magical transformation to have any chance for a winning season. I personally don't see how we are going to avoid savage beatings at the hands of both South Carolina and Mizzou.

My God, did I just type that? What has become of us?!

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

16 points in regulation is not going to cut it against any of our SEC opponents.

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

1567998290946996812757.png

No I haven’t been sniffing glue, drinking moonshine or smoking crack.

My bigger concern is that this your sober state. I would feel much better about your wellbeing if this lapse of judgment was the result of a major heroine relapse.

Reactions: FBtime and MAD
My bigger concern is that this your sober state. I would feel much better about your wellbeing if this lapse of judgment was the result of a major heroine relapse.
What do you have against Black Widow or Wonder Woman?

Reactions: vader and MAD

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

1. UTC
2. South Carolina
3. UAB
4. MS State or Missouri
5. Kentucky
6. Vandy

GA State and BYU are simply not good. They are worse than all 8 of our SEC opponents. The problem that I see is that by the time we play the Vandy portion of the schedule we will have been destroyed by Bama and GA. Better enjoy this Chattanooga game because it might be 1 of only 2 wins.

VN Store

Back