Pruitt not benching JG. Says he’s the best QB on the roster

Meh, are we going to win enough to go to a bowl with either of the other two? Honestly I think we play Maurer after Bama. They don’t want to wreck JG’s confidence (lol) and put another kid out there before then. I think JG takes the beating for the majority of the season then we kick the tires on Maurer

Reactions: Volbrando
I say start JG... lets not create a major QB war and risk him crying and transferring just yet in case the others really do suck... BUT we are playing UTC (I know... which we could get beat by)...but this is a good op to AT LEAST play your other qb's to see what they are like in game mode. think it will happen?

If Pruitt pulls Guarantano now, he will be down to 2 qbs for the rest of he season. Guarantano would immediately transfer so he could save a year of eligibility. I don’t think he will ever be a good qb but he is tough as hell and Tennessee will need that toughness to get through the season with any offense at all.
Does it really matter at this point? Seriously

Reactions: jacvols and lifeVol
We have established, proven, successful coaches across the board who have chosen JG and have stated he is the best option we have. Yet, all these armchair coaches have decided that our backups are better and know more than the coaching staff.

Just sit down.

We don't have a QB we can hang our hat on. It is what it is. Move on.

Reactions: kcvols1
It’s decisions like these that have sunk our program to new lows. SMH.

Maurer made the Elite 11 QB Camp and finished #5 behind Bo Nix #1 who’s starting for Auburn as a true Frosh.

At least Malzahan was smart enough to recognize he was coaching for his job.

McElroy said this morning that Maurer isn’t ready. He said BM can’t identify the Mike LB on D. He said Shrout isn’t ready either and mentioned Shrout not being able to move around well enough. He claims JG is for sure the best option we have. He then went on to say that he thinks we will upset a team or two this year. What he didn’t say is if he was talking about Chattanooga and UAB!

Now that is funny. Shrout not being able to move around well enough.....like JG has...lol
Is Shrout injured...if JG moves around so well why not let him keep the ball on about 5 of those hand offs each game.....................I don't see JG escaping the rush

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Sounds like coach speak...given the multiple, glaring issues JG has had, I'll be surprised if we don't see another QB in the second quarter this week...

I love JG's toughness but this is his fourth year on the hill and those passes into triple coverage, late throws to open receivers, over throws to open receivers and lack of effectiveness as a runner are just not deficiencies he can be coached up on...JMO

Nope. He doesn't understand how to throw the reciever open. He's got a rocket of an arm and can do it.

They need to run a CB with the recievers in practice instead of air and see if that helps him.
There’s no helping JG atp. He is who he is. Playing him is Einstein’s definition of insanity. At least I’ve got my answer on Pruitt now.

I know the other two aren't better now. The hope is that they get better in the future and playing time now will help that.

BTW Randy Sanders has done a great job at ETSU.

There’s no helping JG atp. He is who he is. Playing him is Einstein’s definition of insanity. At least I’ve got my answer on Pruitt now.
It sounds like there's nobody on the roster better so they need to concentrate on helping him alot more in practice.

Do you though? Pruitt knows this team isn’t going to a bowl game.

VN Store

Back