JG played better against BYU. He gave our receivers a chance.

VolTexas

JG was not a good QB, but he gave his receivers the opportunity to erase his mistakes.

Usually he does not do that, but throws it out of bounds giving us no chance.

Let’s see...we were up 10 at halftime, 13-3, with momentum and the Big Orange crowd behind us. We hadn’t played really well, but head and shoulders above the prior week. We would get the 2nd half kickoff, and all seemed well on the hill. I actually felt good about the game.

In a matter of minutes, JG threw an absolutely horrible interception directly into to the arms of a BYU player, they subsequently scored a touchdown, and rather than being up 17 points (if we had scored on that possession) we’re in a three point ballgame. BYU suddenly realized they had a chance, and we suddenly realized we could lose. Both of us were correct.

Despite outplaying the Cougars most of the evening, we again found a way to choke when it really mattered, and swallow a bitter defeat. It’s quickly becoming a Tennessee tradition.

Kid just doesn’t have “it”. We keep thinking he has “it”...but, he ain’t got “it”.

Throws late, throws with ZERO finesse, and makes bad decisions too many times.

Let’s see...we were up 10 at halftime, 13-3, with momentum and the Big Orange crowd behind us. We hadn’t played really well, but head and shoulders above the prior week. We would get the 2nd half kickoff, and all seemed well on the hill. I actually felt good about the game.

In a matter of minutes, JG threw an absolutely horrible interception directly into to the arms of a BYU player, they subsequently scored a touchdown, and rather than being up 17 points (if we had scored on that possession) we’re in a three point ballgame. BYU suddenly realized they had a chance, and we suddenly realized we could lose. Both of us were correct.

Despite outplaying the Cougars most of the evening, we again found a way to choke when it really mattered, and swallow a bitter defeat. It’s quickly becoming a Tennessee tradition.

You tell the truth, the ball he threw had no chance getting to Wood-Anderson

JG is late on passes, stares down receivers, gets scared and dumps the ball way too the third choice in the progression. I don't think his play is that much improved. Something isn't clicking for him. Not sure if it is timing, lack of confidence in receivers, or not trusting himself to make quick decisions. Kid has an arm, but he just doesn't use it to half of its potential.

Or we could've at least gotten 3 out of that drive, been up 16-3, chewed more clock, kept momentum, and forced them to be one dimensional. Ive never been a JG basher... But his play is absolutely killing us and not to mention that deep post route he blew to a wide open josh palmer that wouldve been 6 more. Smh

JG was not a good QB, but he gave his receivers the opportunity to erase his mistakes.

Usually he does not do that, but throws it out of bounds giving us no chance.
No. The receivers gave themselves the chance to erase JG's mistakes. Look at the first TD..it was almost a pick and PURE luck it got to JJ..wasnt even close to getting to him. Look at the pick..look at all the throws into triple coverage..Just bad.

JG was awful and Chaney wasnt much better. Obviously you are limited with JG but zero creativity was seen.
JG only knows where two receivers are going to be on the field based on his pre snap reads the 7 yard pass and the checkdown. Defenses know this, they've seen the same as us. At snap follow his eyes and go toward where he's looking and spy the RB's on pass plays.

No. The receivers gave themselves the chance to erase JG's mistakes. Look at the first TD..it was almost a pick and PURE luck it got to JJ..wasnt even close to getting to him. Look at the pick..look at all the throws into triple coverage..Just bad.
If JJ had not been playing Vols would not have scored 1st TD JJ took it from defender after ball deflected, receivers made JG look better than he is, Pruitt & CO
will be paid no matter how this S**t Show turns out , I feel bad for handful that players that play
hard and leave it all on field so JG can keep handing teams we play a win sad...….........………………..

Did LSU take the ball out of Joe Burrow’s hands when they were up 1 score. Nope. He was firing it all over the place. JG is a redshirt Junior and we ran the entire 4th quarter just to keep it out of his hands.

Talk about a gut punch. Pretty sure he’s absolutely broken at this point. He’s already graduated. Report an ‘injury’ and let him sit the rest of the year and continue on somewhere else.

There was one play, maybe 3rd down right before the half that Palmer ran an inside post with no over the top safety help. Wide open! literally 4 steps on the guy and would have been a TD. Instead JG throws to the flat and we may have gotten a yard. Settled for a FG. I personally didn't think JG was the answer, but I sure as hell thought he could get most of what we needed done. He really is not very good. I counted at least 3 plays last night that a wr was running wide open and would have been a big gain. He just doesn't see the field. I don't think his time here has given him the most fair shot, though. 4 coordinators? I hate it for the kid, he represents us well, but he isn't going to cut it.

VN Store

Back