Fire Pruitt tonight

The only fault I will put on Pruitt is not benching JG. That was the root of the issue tonight and we must put a new starter in against UTC next week.

Right
The defense has been stellar against those two powerhouses weve faced.

Oh yeah

Did you catch the Furman vs Georgia St score today?

JG has to be done. If they can't make a change at QB, then we need a change in coach
Everytime I see him throw a screen pass I want to vomit...When I heard they were going back to the old style I formation 3 yards and a cloud of dust working like heck bullsh** I just knew we were gonna suck...That stuff is old school and very outdated and most of the team growing up never even played in that style of offense.....He just isn't a SEC or even a MAC conference level QB.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
First off he shouldn’t have gone for it on that last 4th. Take the 3 there. Also, take jg out. He’s trash. Still misalignments on defense, substitution issues. Poorly coached team. And it’s not just tonight, anyone can see he’s in over his head.
Many good coordinators have been subjected to the “Peter principle”. Pruitt is just the latest example.

Whatever you say head in the sand. Last 4 games under Pruitt: blown out by Missouri, blown out by vandy, dominated by Georgia state at home, lost to BYU at home. Yep, look at that progress!
We get your point already.

Firing Pruitt isn’t the answer. He deserves at least another year. Until recruiting starts to tank no need to push him out the door. We are playing a lot of young guys and we had the game won minus the play at the end. That’s a mental error on the player and it happens you just hope it happens early in the game to over come it not at the end where it did.
Georgia S is not more talented than this team. Better coached..well you can decide for yourself.

Hey did you you catch the score of the Furman game today?

I agree with many of your statements except about the most important issue, recruiting. This will turn south starting with 2020 if we only win 2 or 3 games this year. If I was a highly rated recruit I would not pick UT based on what I have observed so far this year with the coaching staff and overall team/fan apathy.
This is not necessarily so, sometimes playing time, helping to restore a storied program, etc is a good recruiting tool if the facilities are top notch and there's history there. Players love the idea of early playing time. Sometimes it's a long process.

This is not necessarily so, sometimes playing time, helping to restore a storied program, etc is a good recruiting tool if the facilities are top notch and there's history there. Players love the idea of early playing time. Sometimes it's a long process.
Fan apathy???

The place was rocking tonight...even after the embarrassment from last week.

The fans are not the problem

I agree with many of your statements except about the most important issue, recruiting. This will turn south starting with 2020 if we only win 2 or 3 games this year. If I was a highly rated recruit I would not pick UT based on what I have observed so far this year with the coaching staff and overall team/fan apathy.

I hope you're not right, but I'll agree there is a risk. Pruitt is in a rough spot - he can't be candid about the roster with a whole season "stuck" with what he's got, at least not to the media. I imagine recruits can read between the lines. Geez, we should have and would have won that game by at least 2 TDs with a decent QB. People have to see that. Well, except for the knee-jerk, fire-him-now crowd.

We may not lose all of them but enough that we can not be competitive long term with the SEC elite teams.

Okay all you D.F. ….(Dumb ****s in case you didn't know what it stood for) I read probably the first 20 messages and jumped straight to the comment section. You are the fans that put us in this situation. Who in the world would want to coach at Tennessee knowing after 2 seasons playing with players from the previous staff is held to such a standard. Yes Dooley did okay, he had players....he was playing with Fulmer's team and a lot of studs that Kiffin brought in with spectacular recruiting. Jones came in and had a lot of talent and brought in talent that wasn't used and wasn't developed. Pruitt is working with crap that he inherited. Best player he inherited was kicked off the team prior to him getting there. Shows you the judgment of the previous staff. Give him a chance, if not shut your mouth. No coach will come to Tennessee if they know they are expected to win the SEC in 3 years of getting the job. Saban inherited studs at Bama and it still took him 3 years to win the SEC.
No he didn't...Saban ran off half the team his first year there and STILL trucked us 42-17 and made the SEC title game his 2nd year undefeated and lost to Tebow and company and Won the SEC and National title his 3rd year...Coaching makes a difference...A big diffrence and if you don't believe me go take a look at Mac Brown right now, He just inherited a horrible UNC team and in 2 weeks beat South Carolina and Miami...Pruitt isn't a pimple on the a$$ on any of those guys and if you think he is then you are the D.F.

We may not lose all of them but enough that we can not be competitive long term with the SEC elite teams.

Hey to compete with the elite of the sec we have to start by beating the bad to middle of the road teams. You can't go from Butch to elite of the sec.

I hope you're not right, but I'll agree there is a risk. Pruitt is in a rough spot - he can't be candid about the roster with a whole season "stuck" with what he's got, at least not to the media. I imagine recruits can read between the lines. Geez, we should have and would have won that game by at least 2 TDs with a decent QB. People have to see that. Well, except for the knee-jerk, fire-him-now crowd.
It is more than the Qb.

Did Georgia experience growing pains with Richt or Smart? Nope. How about Oklahoma with Stoops and now with Riley as their coach. Nope.

By no means am I saying Pruitt is the answer but the first part of your post is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. You are comparing Pruitt’s inheritance to Smart and Riley’s??

We went 4-8 in Butchs last year but we won all our OOC games.

We are in year two and have lost 2 OOC games both of which we were favored in AT HOME.

That my friends is called regression. And it’s not good.

VN Store

Back