USCe and Missouri :0

South Carolina and Mizzou are showing how you respond. 51-3 and 31-0, both in the 3rd qtr, expect the same from TN today. Hammered TN and gave up 3 points earlier in the week. Think the line has grown to -4. Score 35-10 TN if they come out mad.

We are going to be crushed mercilessly by them, especially since South Carolina seems to of found a great quarterback (a freshman). Seems like we ought to learn from them.
They are responding the way a SEC team should against inferior opponents, UT will do the same tonight

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
While I don't have much hope for us, I'm not going to say that just yet.

Wouldn't take too much from the South Carolina game. They played a greatly outmatched team.

But Mizzou's win was very impressive. Kelly Bryant looking like one of the best QBs in the SEC. Mizzou's O-line is against dominant. Mizzou is almost the inverse of us; they don't have the best players in some spots, but they have excellent line play and a playmaking QB.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
If we don’t respond the same way MIZZ and SC did then we really will be the worst team in the conference this year.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Will believe it when I see it. I think we lose by at least 2 TDs

Wouldn't take too much from the South Carolina game. They played a greatly outmatched team.

But Mizzou's win was very impressive. Kelly Bryant looking like one of the best QBs in the SEC. Mizzou's O-line is against dominant. Mizzou is almost the inverse of us; they don't have the best players in some spots, but they have excellent line play and a playmaking QB.
How did they lose to Wyoming though? At the very least, they are inconsistent. I didn't see the game last week so I'm not sure what to make of that.

How did they lose to Wyoming though? At the very least, they are inconsistent. I didn't see the game last week so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Their defense. The defense allowed almost 300 yards of rushing to about 92 total yards passing.

Missouri’s offensive outputs were much higher than today’s (last week was 537 total yards, 423 passing), but it was a fairly regular occurrence of Barry Odom and defense struggles.

West Virginia’s offense is likely pretty bad as well (they had 294 yards in last week’s 20-13 win over JMU and 171 total yards today). They struggle heavily to run the ball: their rushing total for the season is now at 64 yards over 2 games - 34 yds and 30yds - which likely also played heavily in the Missouri defense’s favor.

Last edited:

It's a Mizzou tradition; In 2014 when they won the East for the second year in a row, they lost at home to Indiana (who went 4-8).

Pick me up my favorite UGA guy. Pruitt makes me miss Dooley.
Just keep plugging. Honestly, my feeling after this game was a 180 from the first game. I thought the first game was lack of focus, lack of effort, and frankly, lack of caring. I didn’t see any of that in this game. They were motivated and played with heart and effort. There was a lot yesterday to build on.

Yesterday was just missed opportunities and not putting them away. But if they play like yesterday the rest of the year, you will be fine and some W’s will come.

VN Store

Back