Gator fans smell like **** thread

Florida’s gritty, gutty, epic, come from behind win against Miami was a “complete embarrassment” according to him. :cool:

I don't think that's the point. I think he means UF is just a complete embarassment for existing. Which is true and all. But he shoulda been more clear for sure.

Reactions: ETV
Tennessee football: Vols dodged a bullet by not hiring Dan Mullen
Article says Dan Mullen is the new Butch Jones of SEC. When I think about It, and watch his goofy self in pressers, and just in the way he carries himself. I think Tn dodged a bullet in not hiring Butch 2.0 aka Dan Mullen. He comes off very goofy, it’s almost like he’s trying to please everyone and he tries way to hard. It like he’s not his own person. Granit, the guy might field one heck of an Offense, but I think we honestly couldn’t have ended up with a better coach. (I include Gruden and Leach in this) I wanted Jon Gruden to be our coach as much as anyone did. And regretfully I’m going to have to eat some crow here and admit my second choice would’ve been Mullen. I mean we went 4-8 last year and we already have the 11th rated class. I think We have gold in CJP. Not only is he not “star hunting” he brings in his own breed of player. He’s the kind of coach that will take a 3 star over a 4 if it fits his mold better. I think The opposite with Jones and Mullen. Dan Mullen finally had a heck of a year last year at MSU and fans (including myself) were thinking he’s our next answer if no Gruden. I’m jacked about our future and am curious to what my fellow Vol fans think about this.
PS: I am new To this site, so if I’m pissing anyone off or doing something incorrect please let me know.
Have a blessed day Vol fans!!!!
My orange tinted glasses might get in the way of reason sometimes. Just saw the article, thought it’d be a good topic. After reading it there are some similarities, probably the cheesyness of both of them. I can Only hope he fails as much a Butch. I think With Pruitt we turn things around a lot faster then they would if we had Mullen. I think Mullen can turn Florida around, I just think it will take more time then there fans and administrators will give him. I think If Mullen were at Tn the recruiting class would be worse then Florida’s current class. It definitely wouldn’t be in the top 15. Florida has much more in state talent then us, and more resources then us for recruiting. How would we all be feeling right now with a 19 class that’s not even in the top 40??
Relieved we didn’t hire him.
And Pruitt has 4 NC rings on his finger. It could be a coincidence that everywhere he goes the Defense is drastically Feared. I know, I know he Was at Bama and anyone can accomplish that feat at Bama. What happened to FSU when he left? They fell apart. Also, anyone can recruit at Bama so that doesn’t mean anything either right? Yes, I guess you can say that. But you can’t say anyone could go to a 4-8 bottom tier SEC team and steal recruits from the likes of Proven winning programs such as Auburn, Bama, Ga
If we could do it over, the only thing I would change is that Pruitt is our First and Only priority for our new leader of our beloved program.
FYP

Josh Dobbs also had us ranked in the top 10 for a short time. I'm not saying Dan Mullen is as bad as Butch because I don't believe he is, but I'm not ready to crown him the next Spurrier at UF either because I don't believe he's elite. I think he's slightly above mediocre until he proves otherwise, which he never did at MSST.
Exactly, it’s not. A first year head coach is supposed to bring excitement and that usually results a spark in recruiting. Look where they are!! He has all the resources he needs out there and to this point isn’t getting it done. He’s Butch 2.0 he excels at smaller schools, but will crumble with the new High expectations.
Check out their current class. Moorehead renovate the burg? Mullen sucks at recruiting.
Sherrill had them in the SEC Championship game. Mullen’s best team never got there.
Mullen scheduled more patsies...good on him. Losing record in the SEC.

Reactions: Jaws
I still believe that he will find a way to lose a game or 2 a year he should not and it will keep him from winning championships.
I still believe he could win enough to be at Tennessee for a long time but Florida will fire him for the lack of championships.

Reactions: VolNExile
I still believe that he will find a way to lose a game or 2 a year he should not and it will keep him from winning championships.
I still believe he could win enough to be at Tennessee for a long time but Florida will fire him for the lack of championships.

If Mullen beats Kentucky this Saturday, his record after 33 games at UF will be 27-6.

That would be a better start than both Spurrier and Urban.

Barring a shocking end to the season with Florida losing two of these 3; Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, Mullen is winning the East and playing Bama for the SEC title. And Florida has a good enough offense to hang with Bama in a shootout, similar to UF and LSU last year.

Mullen’s recruiting has picked up dramatically and FSU being so awful only helps.

The biggest issue facing UF will be if Mullen decides to leave and go to the NFL. I think he has a curiosity about the NFL, I think someday he’ll try that out. If Mullen stays at UF another 3-4 years, championships are inevitable.

If Mullen beats Kentucky this Saturday, his record after 33 games at UF will be 27-6.

Barring a shocking end to the season with Florida losing two of these 3; Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, Mullen is winning the East and playing Bama for the SEC title. And Florida has a good enough offense to hang with Bama in a shootout, similar to UF and LSU last year.

Mullen’s recruiting has picked up dramatically and FSU being so awful only helps.

The biggest issue facing UF will be if Mullen decides to leave and go to the NFL. I think he has a curiosity about the NFL, I think someday he’ll try that out. If Mullen stays at UF another 3-4 years, championships are inevitable.
Winning the East isn’t a championship.
I’d absolutely pull for Florida over Bama but he’s not beating Bama.
I think he will find ways to lose games he shouldn’t. CPF has the same problem. CPF lucked his way into a championship. So I could be wrong about Mullin but that’s really not the point. The point for the 1000th time is the commitment to winning at Florida vs Tennessee.
If he doesn’t win championships he’ll be fired at Florida. That’s not the standard here.

I can see it now. The year is 2028. Florida is tired of 2 loss seasons so they are making a play for the next Saban. Tennessee could make a play for Mullen, but Coach Goober McSmoochin has shown promise by improving from 2-10 to 3-9 with that comeback win over Vandy. Plus we wouldn't want to lose that 20th ranked recruiting class. And Coach McSmoochin has a $38 million buyout. So we decide to pass and look forward to what Coach McSmoochin can build in Knoxville. Glad we dodged that Mullen bullet.

I can see it now. The year is 2028. Florida is tired of 2 loss seasons so they are making a play for the next Saban. Tennessee could make a play for Mullen, but Coach Goober McSmoochin has shown promise by improving from 2-10 to 3-9 with that comeback win over Vandy. Plus we wouldn't want to lose that 20th ranked recruiting class. And Coach McSmoochin has a $38 million buyout. So we decide to pass and look forward to what Coach McSmoochin can build in Knoxville. Glad we dodged that Mullen bullet.

That’s an accurate assessment of how we do things

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Winning the East doesn't count.

He won't beat Bama.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Winning the East doesn't count.

He won't beat Bama.

I didn’t say we were hanging a banner for winning the East. This is Florida, we only hang banners for SEC and national titles. But as we all know, winning the East gets you to an opportunity.

The good thing about you “he won’t beat Bama” folks, is we’ll find out in less than a month.

The same ones claiming “he won’t beat Bama” were just as resolute in opposition when others were saying “Florida could be really good” and “Florida could beat Georgia” and “that Kyle Trask may be a Heisman sleeper” etc.

I like UF’s chances against Bama. They have no answer for Trask, Pitts, Toney and the UF offense in general. Problem is. UF’s defense has to improve as well.

Reactions: Credo and QU1ZE
I didn’t say we were hanging a banner for winning the East. This is Florida, we only hang banners for SEC and national titles. But as we all know, winning the East gets you to an opportunity.

The good thing about you “he won’t beat Bama” folks, is we’ll find out in less than a month.

The same ones claiming “he won’t beat Bama” were just as resolute in opposition when others were saying “Florida could be really good” and “Florida could beat Georgia” and “that Kyle Trask may be a Heisman sleeper” etc.

I like UF’s chances against Bama. They have no answer for Trask, Pitts, Toney and the UF offense in general. Problem is. UF’s defense has to improve as well.

Neither team has a great D by their standards and they don't have to when they can get 40+ from the offense and beat everybody else. The SECCG wont come down to who has a great offense. They both have that. It will come down to which defense can slow down the other. Which may just be giving up a couple FGs instead of a couple TDs or getting a turnover.

2 things that stick out to me. I think Bama can lean on their run game a little more than UF if needed. And if its a high scoring game as it looks like it could be, I'll take Saban's defense to find a play or 2 more than UFs. UF can win the game, but Im not sure I like their chances as in its 50/50 or edge UF.

Neither team has a great D by their standards and they don't have to when they can get 40+ from the offense and beat everybody else. The SECCG wont come down to who has a great offense. They both have that. It will come down to which defense can slow down the other. Which may just be giving up a couple FGs instead of a couple TDs or getting a turnover.

2 things that stick out to me. I think Bama can lean on their run game a little more than UF if needed. And if its a high scoring game as it looks like it could be, I'll take Saban's defense to find a play or 2 more than UFs. UF can win the game, but Im not sure I like their chances as in its 50/50 or edge UF.

Fair assessment, and I pretty much agree.

You’re one of the more fair-minded, honest posters, as opposed to the “Florida can’t win the East,” and “Trask can’t win the Heisman” and “Mullen can’t beat Georgia” and “Florida can’t beat Alabama” club.

Fair assessment, and I pretty much agree.

You’re one of the more fair-minded, honest posters, as opposed to the “Florida can’t win the East,” and “Trask can’t win the Heisman” and “Mullen can’t beat Georgia” and “Florida can’t beat Alabama” club.
I wasn't really surprised that UF beat UGA a few weeks ago and took the front spot in the east. I was surprised the way they did it. There is a massive difference between UGAs QB play and UFs QB play. For that reason, while I think they can win the game, they don't have that same advantage over Bama.
Trask is playing as well as anybody in the country right now. Thats just a fact. Im not a Florida fan (even tho I slightly dislike UF a little less than Bama), and I think Mullen is a goober. But he has his team playing well right now and they are good enough to win the east and the SEC. And as far away as UT is from either right now, he's probably gonna stay in that position for awhile.

Reactions: Credo and Jaws
Comparing Mullen & Pruitt

One of them turned Mississippi St into a good football team

The other coached a team that in his second season as HBC the players didn’t know where to stand on the field many, many times.

VN Store

Back