Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not, but us Ole white guys need to be real on this...there’s no word thrown at us that has the same effect of powerlessness and directed hate. You can snarl “cracker” with bile and drool coming out of your mouth...and it’s kinda funny.
Words only have the power that we give them

Of course not, but us Ole white guys need to be real on this...there’s no word thrown at us that has the same effect of powerlessness and directed hate. You can snarl “cracker” with bile and drool coming out of your mouth...and it’s kinda funny.

Just like the word "bubbles". You can never say that word angrily.

Absolutely awesome
Vol Nation rallies behind Florida elementary student bullied for homemade UT shirt

We hope you have discussed the consequences of bullying with the children in your class because in Tennessee 'you mess with one of us- you mess with all of us."

With the help of the Vol Shop and other departments on campus, the little Vol fan will be getting the surprise of his life.

"We've all collectively come together and we're sending him what we call a Volunteer Proud Pack," said Jimmy Delaney with UT Fan Experience.

The "care package" will have notebooks, a hat, jersey and signed football from head coach Jeremy Pruitt.

And that homemade design isn't going anywhere. The Vol Shop sent an image of the shirt to be printed, hopefully to hit shelves soon after it gets approval from licensing.

Not sure how I missed this follow up because I'd been looking out for it. But man, that's a welcome gut punch to the feels.

Reactions: chargervol
ESPN alert: AB issues "issues an emotional apology" at team meeting Friday morning.
tenor.gif

Nah, it's a double standard. I don't care about what he said actually. I just don't like the double standard of some getting away with racial slurs and others don't. No place for either IMO.
Another discussion. Is it fair that there’s no racial term that qualifies as a slur towards those that look like us? Call me a redneck, cracker, white devil (my wife’s ex’s name for me)...nada. I can tell that they’re not pleased with me and it appears to be race related...no effect. No raised blood pressure or feeling of being marginalized. Sure it’s a double standard, but there’s no glaring grievance. I’ll end my take on this here. Back to sports.

True. But a history with the word dating back to slavery carries some weight...HEAVY weight.
I didn’t realize the history of a word is what mattered? There are many words today that get people fired or ostracized that don’t have history outside of this generation. Its interesting that words directed at one particular group of people don’t matter 🤷‍♂️

Sitting here today recovering from a M.I. (heart attack) that came on suddenly early Tuesday am. My wife drove me to ER here and then I went by ambulance to Alamogordo hospital, 60 miles away. The medical team was all there waiting for me when we arrived. The procedure was amazing - no cutting any more, tubes installed through the artery in my right arm all the way to my heart. Three stents installed through this one tube - while I'm conscious the entire time! Procedure was probably less than an hour, medical team was incredibly efficient, excellent health care. Released from ICU Thursday am, only 29 hours after my operation!

I'm thinking of changing my name to Lazarus - surviving prostate cancer in 2016 and now this. I can use any prayers that I can get from my VN brothers and sisters for a quick recovery. Thanks in advance and GO VOLS!

Sitting here today recovering from a M.I. (heart attack) that came on suddenly early Tuesday am. My wife drove me to ER here and then I went by ambulance to Alamogordo hospital, 60 miles away. The medical team was all there waiting for me when we arrived. The procedure was amazing - no cutting any more, tubes installed through the artery in my right arm all the way to my heart. Three stents installed through this one tube - while I'm conscious the entire time! Procedure was probably less than an hour, medical team was incredibly efficient, excellent health care. Released from ICU Thursday am, only 29 hours after my operation!

I'm thinking of changing my name to Lazarus - surviving prostate cancer in 2016 and now this. I can use any prayers that I can get from my VN brothers and sisters for a quick recovery. Thanks in advance and GO VOLS!
Outstanding! We need you for the win tomorrow. We're going up against the Mormons. Could get dicey some of them sister wives can fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back