'21 MD QB Christian Veilleux (PSU commit)

Ultimately I think this guy ends up our 2021 QB. Rubley likely stays out west and I don’t see our coaches putting up with Deion enough to sign Shedeur

So it's not vay-yo?
It would be in New Orleans. And I think that would work fine. A lil more vay-yuh in Paris. Trying to ask about Quebec because it's wee bit like English in Scotland or Tennessee: it's own thing. But it's easy-peasy in the end: just mimic how Veilleux says it. Just messing, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710
So, what's the answer, @WebbCobb ? Teach us some Québécois. Or does Orleans (Ottawa) have it's own French?

Vay-yo would end with eau, or eaux. Eux sounds kind of like a soft u mixed with oo. It’s a sound we don’t have in English.

You can hear it here. The guy has a Parisian accent but it’s pretty close to how they say it here. By the way, Brian Callahan did a pretty good job saying it.

And, English speakers here end with more of an “oo” sound so I’m curious how the QB says it himself. Lots of people in this area with French names who speak very little

“From Day One, when they offered me, I was super interested,” said Veilleux, who’s ranked the No. 233 overall prospect and No. 14 pro-style quarterback in the 2021 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “After (Saturday), from what they’re telling me and from what I’m hearing, their interest is really high and so is mine.”

“They play in that conference, that division that’s just big-time football,” he said. “But the one thing I really like about the school is the staff and the campus, the facilities. That’s what really stands out to me. Coach Chaney, Coach Weinke, Coach Osovet, Coach Pruitt, they’re all, like, really great coaches and I feel like I’ve developed a good relationship with all four of those guys. “And the facilities are great. Everything’s in one place. Everything’s close together, so that’s what I like about it. And campus is just beautiful, too.”

“I mean, the atmosphere was great,” Veilleux said. “That was the best part about it all, really, was to see the whole atmosphere of the stadium. Even though most of the stadium wasn’t filled up, it was still really loud and everybody was really into the game, so that was really cool to see that. “I know they got off to, like, a slow start, but they really played well (Saturday). Their defense stepped up pretty big, which was good to see, so it was a great game.”

“I loved everything about it,” he said. “It was good just seeing it in person and seeing how their offense plays, how their defense plays. I really got a couple key takeaways from the game. I really liked it overall. “I definitely did (like the offense). They had a lot of plays where they had a couple missed opportunities on a couple plays. But what they ran overall definitely worked, and I could see that from where I was sitting. Overall, I felt like what I was seeing was something that I could fit in and I could do myself.”

“After the game, I stayed for a little while and actually broke their film down with Coach Osovet and Coach Weinke, so that was cool,” Veilleux said. “(I enjoyed hearing) mostly what their thoughts on a play (were) compared to what I was seeing — just to know why they were running certain plays and what they would’ve wanted Brian or Jarrett to throw. “That was cool to see their aspect of it and really see what their game plan was.”

He's planning to decide after this season, possibly before spring ball next year.

Class of 2021 quarterback Christian Veilleux made his second trip to Rocky Top in the last five months this past week. That’s a pretty significant trek – nearly eight hours in the car commuting the 500 miles between Potomac, MD to Knoxville, Tenn. Veilleux actually treked from Buffalo, NY back in the summer for his camp visit with the Vols. So what has him interested in the Vols? It starts with building a relationship and that’s something the 2021 four-star has noticed in the Tennessee coaching staff.
“Breaking down film was unique, and I haven’t done that anywhere else on a visit,” Veilleux said of Saturday. He [Joe Osovet – UT Director of Programming for Football] knows the offense. He is clearly telling me what should have happened. We had a lot of good discussions and it was a great learning experience during that film session.”
The quarterback flew down to Knoxville hours before Tennessee’s 20-10 win over Mississippi State on Saturday. The 6-foot-4, 195-pound signal-caller had chats with quarterback coach Chris Weinke and offensive coordinator Jim Chaney prior to kickoff and then broke down film postgame with Osovet before flying back to Maryland that night. “Coach Wienke’s coaching style – he knows his stuff. I’ve noticed the way he coaches is different as he relates to his players better than other coaches. He told me some interesting things when I was down there that really stuck with me. “Coaches are always texting and calling me to try and build and establish relationships. Tennessee does a great job of recruiting and building those relationships.” The Vols jumped on board earlier this year with an offer back in the winter. The quarterback ventured down south in the summer to compete in a camp in Knoxville and was back Saturday for his first game day experience inside Neyland Stadium. An experienced that left an impression.
“I loved the environment. The atmosphere was great, and the stadium wasn’t even all the way full. It was still super loud. Watching the fans go crazy – it was just a great experience.” Veilleux is a pro-style quarterback prospect who is gaining interest from all over the country. The Southeastern Conference has Kentucky and South Carolina – along with Tennessee – vetting the high school junior. The Big Ten’s Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin and Rutgers are interested. West Virginia, and Oklahoma are in from the Big 12 and Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh are trying to lure him to the Atlantic Coast Conference. And even though Tennessee hasn’t generated as much national success in recent years as some of the other programs on the heels of the prospect, Veilleux is in awe of the pedigree of the program and the coaching staff assembled by Jeremy Pruitt. “Tradition and reputation alone really stood out to me about this program. It’s a big-time place. They are known for their football,” Veilleux said. “Recently, it hasn’t been too great, but the new staff can do a lot of great things offensively. Coach Chaney and coach Wienke can really make you the best player you can be. The coaching staff really sticks out to me.”
Osovet and Weinke are handling the recruitment of the Maryland product, but Pruitt is a fan as well. “Coach Pruitt – he definitely thinks I’m a guy capable of leading this offense.” Tennessee believes it has a good idea of the player it’d be getting on the field if Veilleux decides to come to Knoxville, but the quarterback knows his best trait is that of leadership. “I’m a leader and I’m willing to take any team into battle. I try to take people under my wing and bring people up when they are down,” the quarterback said. “Being a leader is the main part of who I am. I believe in myself to lead others.” The Bullis School standout has bulked up 15 pounds in the past calendar year and plans to hit the weight room to do the same over the next 9-12 months. He’s taken visits to Maryland, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Syracuse this season with a stop at South Carolina prior to the campaign. There’s a lot of room for growth in the next year and a half with one goal on the prospect’s mind before Signing Day. “I want to make it to the Elite 11-tier. That’s always been a goal of mine and I think I have a shot.”
-VQ

It would be in New Orleans. And I think that would work fine. A lil more vay-yuh in Paris. Trying to ask about Quebec because it's wee bit like English in Scotland or Tennessee: it's own thing. But it's easy-peasy in the end: just mimic how Veilleux says it. Just messing, anyway.
after being our starting QB for 3 years, what are the odds of finding out, it’s really pronounced vay-yoo instead of vay-yuh.
🤔
GBO!!

VN Store

Back