If you're not listening to the Swain Event, you're missing out.

We need a report card after each game giving each member who played a grade. Send the results to their parents.

Funny, but I remember Kiffins class almost completely vanishing, and Dooley recruiting 0 OLine in a year.

Every coach has been hamstrung. This ain’t a new thing.

Exactly; this idea that the last 2 coaches inherited far better conditions than Pruitt is pure revisionist horses***.

I saw get rid of all your "cancers" on the team... if we had to take walk ons right now to fill spots... the fans would be more understanding of losing based on what is/was really going on. do what is right to plan for the future

I’ll weigh in.
If you read much about managerial change, most companies and political bodies and even sports teams tend to go in a complete temperament direction when they make atop level change. Sometimes the change can be so radical that the members of the organization can not adjust rapidly enough to be successful.

I'll be honest, I've read absolutely nothing about managerial change. :)

The disturbing thing to me is that some of these players who are turned off by it seem to be guys Pruitt has recruited. That's one thing if he's pissed off some of Butch's players...that is to be expected and honestly if he has made a contingent of them mad it can be an indication he is successfully changing the culture in a positive direction. If he can't connect with the guys he has recruited himself, that's a gigantic problem.

Guys like Solomon ect are not who they are taking about. It’s the junior class from three years ago. The shams, Murphy ect. Go back and look at that. Even JG is not in that group.

The same Fulmer who let Arian Foster give it to him on the sidelines?
The same Fulmer who had a laughing Josh Briscoe on national TV as they're getting their butts kicked?
Yeah, I don't understand either.
You forgot about Kelly Washington and the future!! What a joke that was

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The same Fulmer who let Arian Foster give it to him on the sidelines?
The same Fulmer who had a laughing Josh Briscoe on national TV as they're getting their butts kicked?
Yeah, I don't understand either.
Is he the same one that grabbed Jason Witten by the face mask on national tv?

We had Mike Leach! He had our offer in his hand. Fulmer got Beverly and Currie fired and killed the Mike Leach deal!

how would you like to have a do over on that day?

Leach was within a whisker of having freaking Wash. St. in the final four last year. WASHINGTON STATE!!!

I'm not sure the "situation inherited" is the same. Maybe you're looking at the win vs loss record...this is different, it appears.

I don’t see it being too much different than when Dooley left. Those players never experienced a winning season and the players evidently quit during the Kentucky game because they didn’t want to go to a crappy bowl game. At least some of the players Pruitt inherited had experienced a winning season/played in bowl games during their time here.

Possibly no Tim Jordan against BYU... not a good development for ball security and pass protection, but the other guys are better for big plays. Could see Eric Gray having a coming out party.

NEVER though Jordan was the guy. Slow and Tentative and actually; Soft.

We had Mike Leach! He had our offer in his hand. Fulmer got Beverly and Currie fired and killed the Mike Leach deal!

Leach was within a whisker of having freaking Wash. St. in the final four last year. WASHINGTON STATE!!!

People keep repeating that, so what? I mean, what difference does it make now?

That's water under the bridge. I was all for Leach. The Man Knows more offense than anyone who's ever coached. AND, he can coach it! Plugs in QBS like charging your phone.

I'm all in favor of Pruitt playing his guys, you may as well give the younger players some on the job training. Pruitt should be the only one with leverage in this situation.

Last edited:
I finely agree with something Swain posted. That has to be good for one of us if not both.
If you’re “finally agreeing” with Swain that doesn’t bode well for you. The guy is nothing if not honest and gives it to you straight. He doesn’t pull punches or shill for anybody like the flagship station does.

Reactions: Titan05
I don’t see it being too much different than when Dooley left. Those players never experienced a winning season and the players evidently quit during the Kentucky game because they didn’t want to go to a crappy bowl game. At least some of the players Pruitt inherited had experienced a winning season/played in bowl games during their time here.
I don't think it has anything to do with win vs losses, it's more of the attitude players have toward comparing the different coaching styles of current and previous coach.

104.5 the zone midday show speculating on air about fans calling for Fulmer to take over next week should Vols lose to BYU.

VN Store

Back