Tailgate Time for BYU (invitation and heads up)

BYU fan here,

My brother and I are heading out for the game and are hoping to catch at least one if not several different tailgates if people will have us. So thank you for the invite. To be clear only some Mormons don't drink caffeine, it's not part of anything religious just a choice. I prefer Coke to Caprisuns is all I'm really saying.

Are there any other local spots we should check out for tailgating or other Tennessee football traditions we should keep an eye out for. I've read the visiting Neyland guide but just thought I'd ask for any other tidbits as a lot of the things on that post seemed a little dated.

See you there!

BYU fan here,

My brother and I are heading out for the game and are hoping to catch at least one if not several different tailgates if people will have us. So thank you for the invite. To be clear only some Mormons don't drink caffeine, it's not part of anything religious just a choice. I prefer Coke to Caprisuns is all I'm really saying.

Are there any other local spots we should check out for tailgating or other Tennessee football traditions we should keep an eye out for. I've read the visiting Neyland guide but just thought I'd ask for any other tidbits as a lot of the things on that post seemed a little dated.

See you there!
You're welcome to come by, we'd love to share Football stories or traveling stories and a few drinks. How long are you in town? Can give all sorts of advice and things to see.

You're welcome to come by, we'd love to share Football stories or traveling stories and a few drinks. How long are you in town? Can give all sorts of advice and things to see.

We will be in Knoxville all day Saturday and half of Sunday. We are flying into Atlanta and driving up Friday night and then back to Atlanta Sunday night to fly out Monday morning.

Its almost here guys, and i am doing my annual tailgate and have decided on BYU September 7th. I will be in g10 and I'd like to extend an invite to Volnation members, football, basketball and baseball forum users, forums which i often post (and make many mad). I Will keep in touch as it gets closer, as to exact plans like I did for Bristol VT game, Cal, UCLA, and other games. THIS IS ALSO AN OPEN INVITE TO BYU FANS! Any of you who may be lurking, or heading to Knoxville, this is for you also. I will have food, adult beverages, regular beverages and some snacks, no charge. Tips though, are welcome(and appreciated). Not trying to make money, just wanna talk some sports, laugh alot and have fun. Kickoff is 7pm and I'd like to start near 2pm and go until close to 6pm to allow time for people to get to their seats for pregame. More to come...
Count me in. I'll be bringing my girlfriend to her first UT game! Pretty sure my ex wife was the reason we've had such bad luck the past 12 years...and since the new girlfriend has been around, 2 of my other sports teams have won championships!! So I'm here to announce that UT football is finally back baby!!!! GBO!

Its almost here guys, and i am doing my annual tailgate and have decided on BYU September 7th. I will be in g10 and I'd like to extend an invite to Volnation members, football, basketball and baseball forum users, forums which i often post (and make many mad). I Will keep in touch as it gets closer, as to exact plans like I did for Bristol VT game, Cal, UCLA, and other games. THIS IS ALSO AN OPEN INVITE TO BYU FANS! Any of you who may be lurking, or heading to Knoxville, this is for you also. I will have food, adult beverages, regular beverages and some snacks, no charge. Tips though, are welcome(and appreciated). Not trying to make money, just wanna talk some sports, laugh alot and have fun. Kickoff is 7pm and I'd like to start near 2pm and go until close to 6pm to allow time for people to get to their seats for pregame. More to come...

I’ll be on the top level! You on top or underneath?

Count me in. I'll be bringing my girlfriend to her first UT game! Pretty sure my ex wife was the reason we've had such bad luck the past 12 years...and since the new girlfriend has been around, 2 of my other sports teams have won championships!! So I'm here to announce that UT football is finally back baby!!!! GBO!
Ok come on by, I'll post soon final details

Reactions: bigorange
i have a few personal days at work . im usally on the football and basketball forums as well . would love to talk some vols and meet a few fellow volnation members

As of now, we think we may grill Burgers, brats and hot dogs from like 2 until 330-4pm. Food will be 1st come 1st serve until i run out, if we run out. Will have chips and dips, and snack type stuff too. As far as drinks, feel free to bring some to add to our coolers but we'll have beer and some mixed drinks, soda and water too. Will post more later.

Reactions: bigorange
Ok it's BYU game week. We have decided to get pulled pork, some chicken, sides, chips/dips and other snacks. 2 guys who originally were going to help me backed out due to last weekend's debacle so we're gonna keep it simple, not gonna grill. We will have waters, sodas, adult beverages in coolers as well. If you want to bring anything or have requests just reply here. On another note, yes we are all upset about the Georgia State loss, but don't bring the negative vibe around. We can discuss it but i just don't wanna focus on it and kill a good vibe and good time. We will be in g10, and will give exact location Saturday morning. We would like to go from 230pm until near 6. Any questions, suggestions?

Last edited:
Ok it's BYU game week. We have decided to get pulled pork, some chicken, sides, chips/dips and other snacks. 2 guys who originally were going to help me backed out due to last weekend's debacle so we're gonna keep it simple, not gonna grill. We will have waters, sodas, adult beverages in coolers as well. If you want to bring anything or have requests just reply here. On another note, yes we are all upset about the Georgia State loss, but don't bring the negative vibe around. We can discuss it but i just don't wanna focus on it and kill a good vibe and good time. We will be in g10, and will give exact location Saturday morning. We would like to go from 230pm until near 6. Any questions, suggestions?
I plan on swinging thru (+1), and appreciate the hospitality!

Are students allowed to come?

So, you two just started dating Sunday morning ? What two teams won championships in the past three days ??

VN Store

Back