Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former players said the same thing last year and the problem persists. If the players have no personal accountability and drive, and if they don't hold each other accountable, then the coaches have to light a fire under them. The laggards should be getting it from all sides-- instead they're getting it from nowhere. Don't get guys like Fred White started on the subject.

I don't doubt this to be true, but I do have reason to wonder if it's an exaggeration. I've taught JROTC for 21 years and stay in touch with many former cadets; many return to school to visit and check things out. Almost always they question the attitude and commitment of the current cadets. "These kids have a bad attitude". "These cadets just don't get it." Sometimes they're right, but usually they're just looking at things from a different perspective after the fact. They're forgetting the same kind of problems they caused. I hear it from Citadel grads about current Citadel cadets all the time. I'm sure there's some truth to that as well, but I suspect it's overstated. It's normal. People always want to believe they had it harder, worked harder, etc.

I know this football situation isn't the same, but it is very similar to the mentality I'm talking about. Pro players say the same thing. Again, I suspect there's some truth to it, I just wonder how much. In general, were UT players in those days that much more committed than UT players today? Oh, I'm not talking about the isolated team or players here or there. I mean in general. And if so, why? And is it only true of UT? I would love to hear a panel discussion of players from different years. CPF would know first-hand.

Yeah, I'm searching for answers here like everybody else. But I refuse to believe it has to stay this way, whatever the problem is.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Yes, I looked back. Maybe any other program would was a wrong word. Most programs would have been better. Remember Kiffin on the tarmac?

I've said this time and time again, the UT administration has taken this fanbase for granted time and time again. My feeling is that they've finally pumped the well dry. A disastrous season as I expect, will finish this program off for the foreseeable future. Fans will take a prove it to me first attitude from here on out. If Pruitt fails, they'll have to make a home run hire to get them back.
What I was saying, we're in agreement basically on everything other than it being rare.

Don't know where you stand on this part but I also believe different people are different (for lack of a better phrase) had a lot of turnover and not sure how this admin will handle things. Hopefully better.

As stupid as this was I think we still should have kept them to a short yardage play here if DT keeps contain on the QB

Honestly, Darrell Taylor kept getting pressure but didn’t contain him. He opened up the B Gap and he had a lane every time. I felt his pain when the QB broke his ankles.😫

What I was saying, we're in agreement basically on everything other than it being rare.

Don't know where you stand on this part but I also believe different people are different (for lack of a better phrase) had a lot of turnover and not sure how this admin will handle things. Hopefully better.
I think our administration has been and still is to lesser extent a screwed up mess. It's been a mess for a while. It all changed when they took the autonomy of the athletic department away and placed it under the UT chancellor. It's been a mess since. It was great to get coach Fulmer back as AD but the problems run much deeper.

Saturday needs to hurry up already..... so we can either say screw the program or everything is okay Atleast until Florida.....

That Florida game will be interesting. Franks cockiness vs Gurantanos Arrogance.

😎

No really, I agree. We need to beat the living tar outta BYU like a 47-13 type score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back