Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think we're that far off 🤷‍♂️
Agreeing on timeline, though I can only go by hindsight, no sources.
Just can't make declarations about what happened at other schools. The gator posters said there was behind the scenes stuff there also. Just don't think we're so different about that kind of stuff than other places.

I've never claimed other schools haven't made the same mistakes. My claim has been that we fire our coaches a year too late. If a guy doesn't want to be there, you make his dream come true. Keeping coaches that don't want to be here is a recipe for disaster and we have first hand knowledge to back it up. We've lived it.

We said we can't attract coaches if we don't give them time. We've given them time and according to many, we can't attract any good coaches anyway so if that's the case, what difference does it make? Fire coaches when know it's over. All JMO.

He did that last year and lost the team at the end of the year. He was crucified for it. Seems to me like has has learned his lesson. He took responsibility for the teams failure the night of the game. There isn’t much more to be said.
we just lost to gast. he never had the team

I would hope the message is way different to the team than to the media and fans.

Rick Barnes has no problems holding players accountable and calling then out. I thought Pruitt used to have this same mindset but he seems to have changed that.
Well, he said he thinks losing the team was the worst thing he did last year, so not gonna act surprised he's acting polar opposite.

?
No slogans and no poetic sayings. He did well. Not much to be said after a loss. He took all the blame. Even from his assitance.
Ignore him, they are just trying to find excuses to hate Pruitt, and cause a big enough scene so the UTAD will hopefully see their whiny azz ways and get Pruitt fired. Same shiz every year, just learn to ignore the knuckle heads, would have used a different word, but people cry on here when they get called names.

Real question. Has he been told to take some kind of medication?

This guy is acting funny. The fire looks gone. Xanax? Lol

He may have had his ass chewed out nonstop since Saturday evening. That sort of wears you out after a while, especially when you know you deserve it. jmo.

You gotta read between the lines on what was said. He can’t just throw the players under the bus and expect them to preform Saturday. He’s recruiting and sending a message to the team that he still believes in them. Daaaaamn. He said everything right IMO. Those quotes cut off a lot of what was said.
My hope is it's a 180 degree different locker room message than the public press conference message.

PRUITT: ( On fans) "I hope they are disappointed, cause everyone in this building is disappointed. For us we got to go back and go to work...We have to continue to grow..We got a great opportunity starting today to do that.

If we're made the right way, and I'm talking about what's inside of us, about having a little pride about what you represent and who you play for..dig a little deeper and try a little harder. Watch a little film, do a little extra in the weight room, that's what we gotta do each and every one of us in this building."

?
No slogans and no poetic sayings. He did well. Not much to be said after a loss. He took all the blame. Even from his assitance.
He may have taken blame but he didn’t recognize any of the problems. Sounds like we’ll still be playing 10 OL next week. He dodged every decent question with the same coach speak from last year. Build better habits. Execute better. Get lined up. Young and inexperienced. 👌🏻

I've never claimed other schools haven't made the same mistakes. My claim has been that we fire our coaches a year too late. If a guy doesn't want to be there, you make his dream come true. Keeping coaches that don't want to be here is a recipe for disaster and we have first hand knowledge to back it up. We've lived it.

We said we can't attract coaches if we don't give them time. We've given them time and according to many, we can't attract any good coaches anyway so if that's the case, what different does it make? Fire coaches when know it's over. All JMO.
It's all good, apparently we're talking about 2 different things, because that's the whole point responded at to begin with.
I've stated this before but we hold onto coaches longer than any other program would. If we go 2-3 wins this year, there are zero reasons to keep him. May as well hit the reset button, go hire Billy Joe from North Dakota tech and make him rich and instill some hope back. Hope is all that's left and that's pretty much gone if the season goes as I suspect it will.

Ignore him, they are just trying to find excuses to hate Pruitt, and cause a big enough scene so the UTAD will hopefully see their whiny azz ways and get Pruitt fired. Same shiz every year, just learn to ignore the knuckle heads, would have used a different word, but people cry on here when they get called names.
Who are you?

He may have taken blame but he didn’t recognize any of the problems. Sounds like we’ll still be playing 10 OL next week. He dodged every decent question with the same coach speak from last year. Build better habits. Execute better. Get lined up. Young and inexperienced. 👌🏻

Maybe because that is the problem? We all knew that going in. Look at the defense as a whole. JG is responsible for the offense but the defense he is 100% correct on. He took accountability without throwing his players underneath the bus. I promise you behind the scenes is a different story.

Reactions: OrangenSC
What is he supposed to say? All of my players suck? Then lose the team?
I understand that he needed to choose words carefully but to say that there were no communication issues is a slap in the face to anyone that watched that game. That and praising coaching adjustments... obviously I don't know but after game, my group all agreed that Ga St came out of locker room better prepared than UT in second half (first too, but I'm referring specifically to adjustments comment).
Maybe it's just semantics, communication/execution... I don't know. We have season tickets, but I already had tickets to Moon River Festival in Chattanooga this weekend - was really torn whether to skip Saturday's line-up (headlined by Jason Isbell) & go to BYU game. The only positive from last Saturday is I have no inner conflict about what I'm doing next weekend.

Maybe because that is the problem? We all knew that going in. Look at the defense as a whole. JG is responsible for the offense but the defense he is 100% correct on. He took accountability without throwing his players underneath the bus. I promise you behind the scenes is a different story.
If we had just lost to Florida or even BYU that press conference was acceptable. Not week 1 vs GAST when we should’ve come out ready for the new season with a fire and steam rolled them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back