Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's handling it as well as can be expected (this press conference) without throwing his players under the bus
You have a legitimate point. Doesn't matter how pissed we get, I just don't see the advantage to saying there was no bright spots from players. Would destroy those that actually did try.
And don't want to start calling certain ones/groups out.

I’m in agreement with many of you...

We treated this like a scrimmage.
Pruitt and the staff took the completely wrong approach. Instead of playing vets / experience early, getting a lead and then working younger guys, they got cute and played about 9 different OL and DL in the 1st quarter.
They didn’t scheme / game plan.

They didn’t take the game seriously in the sense that they at no point considered the possibility of a loss. To me, that’s just flat out inexperience.

I think 🤞🏼 GaSt was an aberration.
I think we win 6-7 games instead of 7-8 because obviously we counted GaSt as a win.

Or maybe I’m just way to optimistic.

I absolutely agree with everything you said, except for the updated predictions. Don't know what to expect now.

But yeah, it's like the coaching staff didn't even consider the possibility of a catastrophic loss. They were doing clerical sh**, ranking their 4th and 5th best LB', our 3rd best RG.. The players saw the coaches doing paperwork so they treated the game like homework instead of the first of 12 exams.

I think we have a reasonable nucleus of starters, including along the OL and at LB that can get us to a bowl. DL is screwed, but maybe that settles down when we quit subbing out individual players every other play.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
If they get up on us early JG will wilt. I've tried to keep respectful and silent on him for a few years but I dont see the type of player I would be inspired to play behind. That F'n slide man.... pissed me off
All I could think of was if Condredge Holloway did that he'd probably hang himself postgame

You gotta read between the lines on what was said. He can’t just throw the players under the bus and expect them to preform Saturday. He’s recruiting and sending a message to the team that he still believes in them. Daaaaamn. He said everything right IMO. Those quotes cut off a lot of what was said.

No faith in JP based off these comments. Essentially saying everything is fine and we played well but didnt execute..
Meh. Went in expecting a bunch of coach speak and got what I paid for.

The only coach that I would pay any attention to at this point is Chaney. Always candid, sometimes too much so.

I would hope the message is way different to the team than to the media and fans.

Rick Barnes has no problems holding players accountable and calling then out. I thought Pruitt used to have this same mindset but he seems to have changed that.

Reactions: UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back