Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I'm at as well, though I still think 6-6 is on the table. This looked like a team that prepped for Florida all week, minus a 30 minute walk through for Georgia State. We can't just walk on the field and win because our jerseys are Orange with a T on the helmet. You may be able to use a week like this to prep for a big opponent at Alabama, but we ain't nowhere close to that yet.

Yeah. I know that I'm following the classic emotional roller coaster after a loss of believing the sky is falling on Saturday and thinking it was a fluke by Monday, but I struggle to comprehend that we're as bad as we looked. It would mean almost pure regression across the board. BYU will tell us everything we need to know.

all of the above. apparently we spent 3 days prepping for byu, Florida and UTC during game week. Brian reported it last week, ainge got mad at brian because that would be stupid and apparently it was true.

Lol you don’t “game prep” for teams like Georgia state. You work on yourself and 90% of the time. Get a feel for what their sets and personnel grouping are and go from there.

Spurrier said publicly that they wouldn’t even watch film on teams like that. Lol

We shouldn’t have been playing musical chairs with the OL all camp then randomly deciding to move banks back to LB. not recruiting juco and DL that are tremendously out of shape. Lol.

There’s so much more wrong than game prep week for GA state

Reactions: scvolfan7
I think he may need a boss in order to excel. I think maybe you almost need to be a bit of an entrepreneur to be successful as a head coach. Most people who are exceptionally good at their job fail when trying to go into business for themselves.

One of the biggest knocks I've heard on Jeremy is that he doesn't work well with people. By most accounts his players love him but the same isn't always said about his co-workers. His reluctance to pick starters for the game Saturday I think may be out of his desire to keep as many players happy as he can. Everyone brings an apple for Jeremy. jmo.

Could have been a matter of the coaches still overlooking GSU heading into the half, believing we would pull away, and GSU's coaches/players being like "we're whipping them, we can win this game"

If you’re up 3 at halftime and still over looking a team then you have no business being a head coach.

Jesus Christ Pruitt just said their QB reminds him of Johnny Manziel. 😂😂😂 I’m done.

Lol you don’t “game prep” for teams like Georgia state. You work on yourself and 90% of the time. Get a feel for what their sets and personnel grouping are and go from there.

Spurrier said publicly that they wouldn’t even watch film on teams like that. Lol

We shouldn’t have been playing musical chairs with the OL all camp then randomly deciding to move banks back to LB. not recruiting juco and DL that are tremendously out of shape. Lol.

Seems like we need to game prep for Webb High School.

What does he need to say to hit a homerun today ?
There is no home run possible today. Take medicine, have a crazy look in his eyes, and hope for a chance for a home run next Monday.

He just lost to Georgia State. One of those situations where “there are no words” apply.

Reactions: OrangenSC

We're not good enough to not game prep for GSU. P5 teams lose to G5 teams all the time now, especially bad P5 teams. Not saying there weren't other issues as well.

Whats it gonna take to get these guys pissed off? Take their phones? Make them take out the trash? I can take a BYU loss as long as they look mad. Someone will have to tell me though i cant stomach watching.
Everybody pissed but the players! I'm running my pressure up and they chillaxing.

Reactions: JacketVol
And the crazy thing is that Riley went from being an OC at a G5 to HC for a playoff team in like, what, 3 years?

Sucks to see other blue bloods actually be able to identify quality up and coming coaches and we keep whiffing.
It is much easier for a coach to come in and take over solid programs than starting from scratch like ours always has too.

Reactions: OrangenSC
@Bassmaster_Vol

I still believe Pruitt is the guy. I still believe in this team. I’m not delusional. Yeah we lost, we lost to a team we should never lose to & I refuse to believe that our team is that bad. We are still undefeated in SEC play and that’s what matters right now. That team we saw Saturday is not the team we will see this weekend or the rest of the season. The players got a wake up call and I surely believe they’ll respond.
Guess we’ll see

Reactions: JCP201
I liked Jeremy Banks’ Fire. He will be a good LB once he has more time in the scheme. He is not afraid to hit anyone and he has good instincts.

Edit: He almost killed the QB on the one backside blitz.
Put Banks back at RB. We have no time for experiments. We need his blocking and occasional short yardage runs. Tim Jordan thinks he is a speed back with little speed and no vision.

Butch set his “culture” quickly after Dooley destroyed it.

Could only get up for a few games per year though. Similar to Pruitt getting the team up for Auburn and UK. We had major letdowns every year under Butch, some of which were effort-related.

Lol, what?
I'm not questioning your source believes what he told you, or even knows.. but what are we basing knowing what happens elsewhere on?
I mean it's so common it happened to us twice in a row but it's too uncommon to happen elsewhere?
I was being literall that really doesn't make sense mathematically. I wasn't going after your source. Hope you understand.

McElwain carrying on about fictional death threats in public, can't even imagine what was said in private.
Nothing implied with the "OK". Just nothing left to be said. I believe that both our coaches should have been fired one year earlier. I don't believe McElwain or any other coach completely gave up as both our coaches did. No sense in dragging a discussion out any further Bruin style.

Reactions: JacketVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back