CAUTION!!

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
Does our coaching staff have a cumulative coaching pedigree? Yes. In fact, heck yes. Than please VN, be very careful about calls for dismissal or impeachment of our staff for if they leave, who the hell would want to take the job? HS coach at Bearden would turn the offer down. Stand behind our staff, at least in this forum, at least for now. Yes, yesterday sucked like a big orange but, publicly torching our coaches is not going to do anything but further our issues in Ktown. If our staff is what we think/hope they are, they will rebound, so please, use CAUTION!!

Does our coaching staff have a cumulative coaching pedigree? Yes. In fact, heck yes. Than please VN, be very careful about calls for dismissal or impeachment of our staff for if they leave, who the hell would want to take the job? HS coach at Bearden would turn the offer down. Stand behind our staff, at least in this forum, at least for now. Yes, yesterday sucked like a big orange but, publicly torching our coaches is not going to do anything but further our issues in Ktown. If our staff is what we think/hope they are, they will rebound, so please, use CAUTION!!

Sorry but you are clueless.

It’s been a while since we’ve had an impeachment on the Hill. But it might be time!

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
There are coaches everywhere who will want the job.

There are only so many opportunities at places like Tennessee.

Yea, there was good coaches at the time who wanted the job.

Since we already burned those bridges, we’ll be stuck hiring coaches from the bottom of the barrel once again.

Rinse & repeat.

Last edited:

Coaches who want to get paid but realize they are essentially sacrificing their future career(s) as a P5 Head football coach. That’s who we’re talking about. No one worth his salt would ever come to this ish hole if they want to win and have a long career. It’s where coaching careers come to die.

Honestly I’m not for firing yet, but I would say prospective coaches would be more motivated to come here for knowing even THEY could prepare a team better than THAT, then they would be turned off by the fans. The bar is SO low right now.

No.

Reactions: dduncan4163

Let this sink in...

In the past decade, Ms State (football budget is less than half of ours) has spent more in football HC salaries than us.

This is just annual salaries and doesnt include buyouts

21FA13E1-FA8F-4720-9B24-04B4F6BC3688.png

Reactions: KELSOWAVOL
We all know what's going to happen next if this season turns into a disaster and there's internal pressure to fire Pruitt. I've seen this movie before.

I’m not calling for any firings.... yet. I see no reason to fire after one game as terrible as it may be.

Pruitt and staff have an opportunity to turn it around. If things continue like yesterday then firings tend to work themselves out.

I’m not calling for any firings.... yet. I see no reason to fire after one game as terrible as it may be.

Pruitt and staff have an opportunity to turn it around. If things continue like yesterday then firings tend to work themselves out.

Heyyyyyy a rational poster snuck in. Would ya look at that.

We all know what's going to happen next if this season turns into a disaster and there's internal pressure to fire Pruitt. I've seen this movie before.

I don't think anything will happen this year and as someone posted, he'll get his 3-4 years.

But, what he lost yesterday is anyone thinking he's going to get it done.

If yesterday was any indication, then guys he's recruiting are going to get meaningful playing time next year....which means they are losing next year too.

At best, this is a 4-5 year rebuild to relevance as opposed to a 4-5 year rebuild into a champion.

I asked last year if this was going to be a Doug Dickey rebuilding job or a Johnny Majors rebuilding job. It appears like it's a Johnny Majors rebuild and no one has the patience for that anymore

It may be easier to turn the flow of the Mississippi river north than to turn the mind set of these players around. I don't think anyone can turn them around. The minute things don't got to suit them, the lay down and quit. Face it, the few "winners" we have on this squad just can't overcome the, I don't know what to call them. The problem is like the "bad apple in the bushel basket" it ruins the whole basket if you don't throw it out. To do this with this squad, you almost need to throw them all out and start over. Can't do this. So we must hope as they leave by what ever method, we can replace them with "winners" (in mind set) and hope they have not tainted to guys left.

Ah, the ol' "Whoyagonnagit" response. Another Vol tradition of the past decade.
When we had 5 East rings, 2 SEC rings, and a MNC in the previous decade we were able to hire Lane Kiffin. In the following years we’ve been able to hire Dooley, Butch, and J’ermy. Oh, and almost hired the least-liked HC in recent years, Greg Schiano.

I don't think anything will happen this year and as someone posted, he'll get his 3-4 years.

But, what he lost yesterday is anyone thinking he's going to get it done.

If yesterday was any indication, then guys he's recruiting are going to get meaningful playing time next year....which means they are losing next year too.

At best, this is a 4-5 year rebuild to relevance as opposed to a 4-5 year rebuild into a champion.

I asked last year if this was going to be a Doug Dickey rebuilding job or a Johnny Majors rebuilding job. It appears like it's a Johnny Majors rebuild and no one has the patience for that anymore
Getting to relevance comes before championships. Baby steps. Unfortunately!

They weren't exactly lining up and knocking on the door last time. Some of them who talked with Tennessee just used us as leverage for a raise.

I don't know how anyone can watch the Pruitt-Ainsley defense, and believe that either of them have true coaching pedigree. Chaney seemed to have only come back so he could retire in a state without an income tax.

People mistake being on staff when a team wins as having a stellar "pedigree." They fail to realize the video coordinator also has that winning "pedigree" and championship rings. My grandmother could be a wining assistant at Alabama doing whatever the evil midget says and having 5 star guys three-deep.

Reactions: BeardedVol
A freaking Gator (no offense) gets it, but not a large segment of our fanbase.

Well, now having said that, it's not going to be a fan's dream list of candidates.

But, Dabo Swinney, Jimmy Johnson, and a host of others were not a fan base's dream list of candidates either.

Lane I thought was a reach. Dooley, I laughed. Butch, I laughed.

Pruitt, I didn't know what to think. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't

VN Store

Back