Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vol Navy caught on fire and a boat sunk pre-game, a band member fainted on the field at halftime and was marched over, and Georgia State hands us the worst loss in program history.

UT is in a special circle of Hell.
GaSt mockingly singing Rocky Top in Neyland. Ga state. And we didn't stop them.

Butch managed 3 winning seasons, 2 of which were 9 wins. Not saying he was a great HC, but obviously he had some talent here. That's an old tired excuse. This is Year 2 and they've had 2 full off-seasons now, Mack Brown took a 2 win team and beat South Carolina opening night in his first time returning...and UNC didn't have back to back top 20 recruiting classes.

CJP has no excuses for losing that game, none. Absolutely no way in hell is Georgia State playing with a better roster. Defense looked lost, and unmotivated. JG pulled another JG game, the offense at least looked like it has paid attention during practice.

30 points isn't exactly amazing, but against Georgia State it should be more than enough...I mean wtf happened? JG is obviously not got "it" as a QB. Most the sacks this game were solely on JG holding the ball too damn long or not being able to read obvious blitz. One blitz Gray didn't pick up well, but JG was staring the guy down how in the hell did he not see it coming?

Old tired excuse? I will ask you the same question I always ask you that you never answer. Other than Barnett name some other lineman Butch put in the league. I mean in being here 5+ years surely he put quite a few offensive or defensive lineman in the NFL. Keep in mind based on the NFL draft offensive and defensive lineman are wayyyyyyy more important than wide receivers and running backs.

I will hang up and listen.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I think the constant rotations tonight hurt us. Guys were coming in left and right, some experienced some not. Several times on defense we were subbing so much guys didn’t even know where they were going or what they were doing. Offensively, you can’t expect the OL to be consistent if there’s a new guy in a new position every drive. I know they’ve cross trained but it’s different when the lights come on.

No kidding. Felt like everyone looked at this as a scrimmage. So many high school coaches on staff, guess they thought this was the jamboree.

Unfortunately, today counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back