'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

Not impressed with his highlights but he could develop into a good college WR if he surrounds himself with the right people.
He’s definitely amongst the top WRs this year if not the best. That said and I know I’ll get killed for this, I haven’t seen anyone particularly elite yet.

Reactions: scvolfan7
Gilbert isn’t a true WR. He’s a freak though, probably could line up at DE and get to the league.
If you play WR at an elite level, you’re a “true WR”. Right now it’s just a prediction based on play. Better route runner and better hands than Terrell Owens imo.

If you play WR at an elite level, you’re a “true WR”. Right now it’s just a prediction based on play. Better route runner and better hands than Terrell Owens imo.
Whaaaa??? You really think that? What kind of speed does this kid have? Are you going off highlights? I’m genuinely curious because that’s some high praise.
GBO!!

Whaaaa??? You really think that? What kind of speed does this kid have? Are you going off highlights? I’m genuinely curious because that’s some high praise.
GBO!!
Won’t know what his top non-football, training exclusively for the Shorts Olympics speed is until the NFL Combine, but that’s secondary...or irrelevant. Jerry Rice never topped 4.6 and never got caught after reaching full speed. He’s faster than Chris Carter and Michael Irvin amongst HOF WR’s, I’d wager. This isn’t going to be an elite TE playing WR is what I’m proposing. He’s a matchup problem.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I know you’re talking about 2020 recruits, but the plethora of weapons Bailey is going to have is insane. RK, Gilbert, Keyton, Palmer, Murphy, Gibbs, Lowe, Brown, Chandler, Gray. And he’ll be protected by the best as well
Not sure why everyone is so sure Bailey will start as a RS freshman. Maurer looked very good in the spring game and Hill could also have a say in the 2021 QB race

Won’t know what his top non-football, training exclusively for the Shorts Olympics speed is until the NFL Combine, but that’s secondary...or irrelevant. Jerry Rice never topped 4.6 and never got caught after reaching full speed. He’s faster than Chris Carter and Michael Irvin amongst HOF WR’s, I’d wager. This isn’t going to be an elite TE playing WR is what I’m proposing. He’s a matchup problem.

Jerry Rice had perfect route running technique and could create separation every time no matter how fast the DB was. He didn’t have to slow down to make a cut. Some guys are blazing but round off every route. I loved watching Rice.

Jerry Rice had perfect route running technique and could create separation every time no matter how fast the DB was. He didn’t have to slow down to make a cut. Some guys are blazing but round off every route. I loved watching Rice.
Good points and the same reason that Steve Largent could play (and excel) in today’s game.

Agreed. But guys like Jerry Rice and Steve Largent just had that work ethic and determination that separates a lot of the greats from the other guys. Those factors can’t be determined by a stopwatch. They simply just outworked other players. I hope we get this kid and I hope he has a lot of these attributes we’re discussing.
GBO!!

Weird, this is the second Steve Largent reference this week. The other being that he lived in a row house in DC with four senators / congressmen that was mostly funded by a shadowy Christian organization called The Family (also the title of the doc on Netflix in which I learned this). Strange.

Not sure why everyone is so sure Bailey will start as a RS freshman. Maurer looked very good in the spring game and Hill could also have a say in the 2021 QB race
They are sure he is going to start as a True Freshman, next year.

Weird, this is the second Steve Largent reference this week. The other being that he lived in a row house in DC with four senators / congressmen that was mostly funded by a shadowy Christian organization called The Family (also the title of the doc on Netflix in which I learned this). Strange.
Haven’t seen the doc but will have to look it up now. Knew about the Family though, super weird stuff.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols

VN Store

Back