DirecTV and ABC

I might be the only one on the side of U-Verse, but I hope they never come to an agreement. Nexstar overpaid for a bunch of stations and is too lazy to put profitable local programming in place, so they go after the viewer that is already having to watch 16+ minutes of commercials every hour.
I've installed an HD antenna, using an amp and splitters, have routed it through the house (used the coax that was in place since all the U-Verse boxes are on CAT-5) now have 28+ channels at every TV. Spent $50 at Best Buy for a digital recorder.... now I'm set.... best $105 ever spent because the wife is happy

Do you mind listing what you got? Model # etc.. or a link to it. Thanks

Direct offered me an antenna when I called

I'd like to apologize to DirecTV and the Winegard Antenna Company! It was a monumental hassle but after trying again I think I've finally found the sweet spot (for the antenna, đź‘€) and now went from getting no CBS stations to getting two. I now get my local WSPA in Spartanburg and WBTV out of Charlotte along with my local CW station.

Reactions: Zues1 and bigdaddy
The Digital recorder was
6293207_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=11;canvasWidth=60
Mediasonic - Digital Converter Box with DVR - Black with tax $54.61 at Best Buy
You'll need a memory stick to store the video, I had a spare 32GB which has been fine.
It has an HDMI output so I just ran it through my home theater system to make the install easy.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Hell yes! ABC is back on DirecTV and probably UVerse now as well.

I get my ABC World News back finally.

I’m about to drop Direct TV. Anybody know a good streaming app that I can watch all the football games without paying for basic cable ?

I’m about to drop Direct TV. Anybody know a good streaming app that I can watch all the football games without paying for basic cable ?

Sure, ESPN but it's app is horrible. I overslept one game day, so I decided to watch the replay on the ESPN app. It was jumpy as hell and I'm halfway into the 1st quarter when it suddenly jumped to the 4th quarter and showed me the current score. I got pissed and started swearing at ESPN.

VN Store

Back