Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be curious to know but 7 true freshmen playing significant snaps doesn’t seem to out if the ordinary

Wasn’t there one year we had 12-14 play a bunch ?

Counting special teams? Probably, yes. I'd also bet it wasn't a year we won or competed for the East, especially if we are strictly talking that many in the 2 deep.

Counting special teams? Probably, yes. I'd also bet it wasn't a year we won or competed for the East, especially if we are strictly talking that many in the 2 deep.

Oh it wasn’t. I think it was butches year 2 to be honest.

We are in a better spot this season than that year imo

Reactions: ionaVOL
Exciting news for me is that Sherlock Holmes 3 is scheduled to be released in 2021, and Downey and Jude Law will be back. So maybe at least Downey is ready to move on from IronMan/Avengers.
First two were snoozers imo. And I really wanted to like them.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I think Pruitt has shown a willingness to take good advice, accept help and change what's not working. He learned from some costly mistakes last year and seems to have grown from that. He has upgraded the staff and brought in guys who have the expertise to address problem areas-- and is letting them do that. He weeded out some players who needed to be weeded out and has gotten others to buy in and condition and practice to a higher standard. He has earned players' trust and gotten former players back onboard. He doesn't just say "We're family," he means it and players and recruits believe it. That has already helped the team and I think we'll see it start paying off on the field this season.

A lot of this has been overlooked and ignored, but there's positive change everywhere for those willing to see it. This really isn't last year's team.

I think Pruitt has shown a willingness to take good advice, accept help and change what's not working. He learned from some costly mistakes last year and seems to have grown from that. He has upgraded the staff and brought in guys who have the expertise to address problem areas-- and is letting them do that. He weeded out some players who needed to be weeded out and has gotten others to buy in and condition and practice to a higher standard. He has earned players' trust and gotten former players back onboard. He doesn't just say "We're family," he means it and players and recruits believe it. That has already helped the team and I think we'll see it start paying off on the field this season.

A lot of this has been overlooked and ignored, but there's positive change everywhere for those willing to see it. This really isn't last year's team.

The “family” feel does feel genuine and sustainable.

Apparently there's a Kasim Hill in the student directory, someone on VQ asking the mods if it's the QB from Maryland. He's recently started following some UT players on twitter. Waiting on answer...

He went to same HS as Jarrett and McDaniel
Sounds like Tee is the main guy on this.

Hill is a good QB. Two ACL tears pretty much mean he needs a year off - he’ll get it anyway due to transfer rules - but he’d be a good backup for JG next season.

First two were snoozers imo. And I really wanted to like them.

I thought the first one was best, which is almost always the case, but I enjoyed them very much. Plus I am a big fan of Guy Ritchie after all of his comedy gangster movies. I thought the 2 SH movies were very well done. I agree that they were not high energy movies, but I enjoyed the villains in both movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back