Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overrated as a recruit yes but by Tennessee people no. I’m talking more of people acted like they were a lot better than they actually were while here. I think over hyped would be the better term.

Most overhyped:
AJ Johnson
Kirkland JR
Justin Martin (breakerboy lol)
Casey clausen*** (i know i know Road warrior and ice man but we won Some games in spite of him bc of a loaded roster. He’s our Trent dilfer so to speak)

Under appreciated:
Dobbs
Meachem
Cordarelle Patterson
Jason Allen
Dan Williams

No one underappreciates any of those guys, Hank. Take on DKJr is weird too.

Is it Opposite Day?

Dobbs was raw in the beginning, but he had to be the hardest worker we’ve had in forever. Hindsight is 20/20 but he always got better in games where we got hit in the mouth early. We should have just thrown him in his freshman year, and taken the lumps. There were so many other things wrong with the program I don’t know that it would have made a difference. We had the talent to win everything for a couple of years there. What a freakin waste. I love all the guys from the past ten years because of what they put up with. They’re some of the truest Vols.

Dobbs was raw in the beginning, but he had to be the hardest worker we’ve had in forever. Hindsight is 20/20 but he always got better in games where we got hit in the mouth early. We should have just thrown him in his freshman year, and taken the lumps. There were so many other things wrong with the program I don’t know that it would have made a difference. We had the talent to win everything for a couple of years there. What a freakin waste. I love all the guys from the past ten years because of what they put up with. They’re some of the truest Vols.
Either he was trying desperately to red shirt him, or Butch thought Dobbs was the fourth string as a freshman. He took Worley, Peterman and Ferguson on the road, as I recall. I felt like he was under rated by the coaches and many of the fans. He's one of my all time favorites, though. Just a great all around guy and an exciting player. I will never forget that Georgia game.

Obviously, Kamara was under rated by the coaching staff.

Josh Dobbs made Butch jones look like a competent head coach which made the University of Tennessee settle a high profile Title IX lawsuit for a lot of money in order to protect him.

All things considered, Dobbs was a miracle worker.

Last edited:
Josh Dobbs made Butch jones look like a competent head coach which made the University of Tennessee settle a high profile Title IX for a lot of money in order to protect him.

All things considered, Dobbs was a miracle worker.
Yea, if it wasn't for Dobbs I think his career here would have ended at least one year sooner.

Casey Clausen if anything took way more flak than deserved and won games that shouldn’t have been won way more than the opposite. And to even suggest what Cordarrelle Patterson brought as underappreciated delegitimizes anything else you post even more than your ridiculous campaign against Kirkland. Fans may be guilty of holding false hope that he’d come back but it was based on that brief flash at the beginning of his career where he was an impressive player AND talent. Good luck deluding the rest of us onto your runaway train.

My thing on CP is he never gets grouped in with any of the great WRs that played here when people talk of all time teams and best ever etc. just bc he played for one year and was on a crappy team. Not saying people don’t think he’s good or whatever but you could honestly make the case he is the most explosive player to ever play here.

Reactions: Smokeytom
My thing on CP is he never gets grouped in with any of the great WRs that played here when people talk of all time teams and best ever etc. just bc he played for one year and was on a crappy team. Not saying people don’t think he’s good or whatever but you could honestly make the case he is the most explosive player to ever play here.
We get bogged down with technicalities on this board...you’re aware. 😏 I don’t believe I’ve read a post that disputes his GREATNESS...especially on the short scale we experienced. He never was (and isn’t) a great TECHNICAL receiver. “Explosive” with the ball in his hand? Indisputable.

Casey Clausen if anything took way more flak than deserved and won games that shouldn’t have been won way more than the opposite. And to even suggest what Cordarrelle Patterson brought as underappreciated delegitimizes anything else you post even more than your ridiculous campaign against Kirkland. Fans may be guilty of holding false hope that he’d come back but it was based on that brief flash at the beginning of his career where he was an impressive player AND talent. Good luck deluding the rest of us onto your runaway train.

Ehh. There’s a reason he went undrafted. Clausen was good. A solid college QB. But he got extremely elevated off loaded rosters. He gets grouped in the top 3-4 QBs to play here sometimes which i think is crazy.

We get bogged down with technicalities on this board...you’re aware. 😏 I don’t believe I’ve read a post that disputes his GREATNESS...especially on the short scale we experienced. He never was (and isn’t) a great TECHNICAL receiver. “Explosive” with the ball in his hand? Indisputable.

In college tho it doesn’t really matter. You could say the same thing about Percy harvin. Harvin was never a great technical receiver but he’s probably one of if not the best WR to ever play at Florida.

Reactions: maotai
Ehh. There’s a reason he went undrafted. Clausen was good. A solid college QB. But he got extremely elevated off loaded rosters. He gets grouped in the top 3-4 QBs to play here sometimes which i think is crazy.
I’ve seen him top 5-6...I’ve seen him lower. Nothing to do with how you brought his name up. We’ve had QBs go belly up with loads of talent around them. Appreciating a QB who beat Florida twice at the Swamp when that’s never been a UT thing takes nothing away from Dobbs.

After reading that, if we don't win every game including the natty by 20+ Pruitt needs to go.

Some of you guys must be reading this differently than me. What I see is a guy saying we have a lot of athletically gifted players, but it seems like almost every one of them "need all the reps they can get."

To me that says he sees guys flying around, but that they don't exactly know what they're doing yet. He also said what, 6, 7, or 8 wins somewhere in there? That's not exactly the super hype train.
It's more about what he doesn't say than what he did. A lot of individual praise, but not any bold "we're better than they think" predictions or anything like that.

I have DISH. I have no CBS (Atlanta) or Fox Sports South. I am under contract. I can't afford to go buy a bunch of extra stations so I can watch my games. Also, live in rural Georgia area so antenna is not an option.

I'm just hoping these negotiations don't go the way the one with HBO did.

CP doesn’t get Grouped in with the great WR group because he wasn’t and still isn’t a great WR

CP is a great returner and “utility player”. He just isn’t a great WR

I have DISH. I have no CBS (Atlanta) or Fox Sports South. I am under contract. I can't afford to go buy a bunch of extra stations so I can watch my games. Also, live in rural Georgia area so antenna is not an option.

I'm just hoping these negotiations don't go the way the one with HBO did.

You’re really never under contract. Bump them. Cut the coooord!

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back