If TN starts 4-0....

I have said all along, i have a feeling we're gonna beat Florida, i just got this feeling, this year the mindset is gonna be different with this team.
I've had that vibe too and it's strong. Worries me that it may be a symptom of BVS.

He’s explained this how many times now?

Yes they’ve lost some players, but none that were gonna impact this season to any real degree. Yes, from the outside it looks like there’s a culture issue, but last I looked their 2020 class is still looking pretty good so it doesn’t appear to be keeping good players away....as a matter of fact, we’ve got a ton of work to do to catch up to their class (they’re 13th right now, we’re 28th).

Years ago, we used to talk ourselves into thinking that we’d be more ready to play Florida and beat them because we’d play at least 1 really tough OOC game and they’d play 2-3 patsies before playing them in late September....happened every year. And every year, they’d beat the hell out of us or find a way to win in the end.

You’re falling in the trap Key, don’t do it brother.
I, for one, am not going for it. We'll at least play them close this year and then, in the future, we'll have our run.

Meh, FL is overrated this year. They are losing pretty much all their talent... offense and defense. Their head coach, I forget his name, will probably be on the hot seat after this year. Just shy of half the team has transferred... it's a mess.

Has your head exploded yet, @Jaws? :p
Maybe, maybe not but they're still Florida. I want this game more than any other one

Positive thoughts for an off season thread.

If TN beats the three non conference foes and then goes to Gainesville and upsets Florida, how crazy is Volnation going to be during that two week stretch until we play UGA. We will have threads about winning the East...

Would be nice to make it to October undefeated.

I bet it would really help recruiting in the 2020 class to get a fast start to the season.

Does TN pop up into the Top 25 at 4-0? Top 15?
Oh mother of pearl......

Agree.

But also think there’s a good chance you lose to Florida but beat Georgia.
I can get behind this as well. For as good as Georgia is we sure as hell gave them a good fight for 3 quarters last year. I'd say our guys finally know how to fight for four quarters and we upset some teams in a big way

Reactions: Jaws
Season will be dictated by the Florida game, like most years.

It has been since they started playing them every year in 1990.

Score 30 points or more and they have a great chance to win. Hopefully, the defense can help with scoring a TD off a turnover.

But, that’s unlikely because the Vols have traditionally melted in the heat.

Maybe, they can take one of these cooler trailers with them. Hahahahaha!

If Tennessee starts 4-0 I'll eat my hat.

For the record my hat is made of ham and Swiss with banana peppers and spicey brown mustard.

If TN beats the three non conference foes and then goes to Gainesville and upsets Florida, how crazy is Volnation going to be during that two week stretch until we play UGA. We will have threads about winning the East...

I bet it would really help recruiting in the 2020 class to get a fast start to the season.

Let’s worry about 1-0 first eh?

If we are 4-0 AND beat a Top 10 UF, ON the ROAD???

UT will definitely be top 10. UF may be top 5 by that time.

Or Florida could be 1-2 by then, which is a strong possibility. with Mami and Kentucky in 2 of their 1st 3 weeks.

Reactions: jeff1vol

It's like people just can't help themselves. We need a site wide intervention...

If we enter Georgia 4-0 everyone will act high off their minds and then enter depression mode after Georgia destroys us
Unless Fromm has an off day GA won’t destroy us. They might win or lose by 14 but I think the days of the beat downs among Bama GA and Florida appear to be about over/...those 3 games will start to get folks talking bout TN again...

VN Store

Back