Transfer Portal - SEC

Yep it happens everywhere to a degree but like I have said a number of times here it’s the degree that it’s happening and will continue to happen under this staff that is keeping me from enjoying the mild success we have had so far.

Wreckless disregard for numbers and the people that players are is no excuse in the name of “it’s just business” when it’s part of the plan.

There is a distinct difference between the nature of the beast where occasionally players get shown the door and when the plan all along is recruit as many players as possible knowing full well the casualty numbers are going to be high.
First off that isn’t the staffs plan at all. It is rather high right now because they inherited a big fat loser. The worst program in the SEC since 2005 to be frank. Why? Big time lack of talent depth. The staffs observations were they needed to add more talent and more depth so they hit the trail running hard guns blazing and are bringing in top 10 recruiting classes. The numbers will die down considerably when they get their players in. 2021 class has only 15 commits and 4 are top 100 guys in which they might lose some. They are pretty much done with that class. You’re looking at a 12 or 13 person class. This is how you rebuild a program. There will be roster turnover, there will be cuts, some leftovers are getting recruiting over. Give the staff sometime to run there program and you will see it not be so bad. Mingeones are high at UK, Kingston at South Carolina has been high, Thompson’s were high at Auburn when he took over, Bohannons are high at Alabama. Again it’s a rebuild with the exception that Tennessee got accelerated big time. Why was it accelerated imo. Serrano did leave some good pieces, those players got better, the staff plugged some holes in problem spots with big time talent. Crochet, Soularie and Martinez were huge pickups this staff got that were integral in the rebuild. Every person on this staff had offers from big time programs, including the head coach. They all chose to stay and be Vols. I think they are building something special here. Hop on board and enjoy the ride. Alright rant over lol

Last edited:
Bruin, it has been explained to you many times, but let’s try one more time. When CTV arrived, there was not consistent SEC talent on the roster. Were there some SEC caliber players, yes. But not enough to win. Those around the program know CDS faults and how he let the program hit rock bottom. In order to flip the roster, there has to be casualties. Those who know have also made it clear that there will NOT be nearly as many transfers and cuts going forward once roster depth has been established.

I can also tell you factually that players have been told in advance what the situation is. Let me give you a hypothetical situation. Player A has been promised a full scholarship by the previous coach. It is clear that player A will not contribute this season. If the coaches want to keep their jobs, do they keep player A on the roster, or tell him the situation and help him find a place elsewhere to play and use that money to bring in 2-3 players that will contribute? As has been said multiple times here before, these players coming in know the situation and many come just to get a chance to wear the Big Orange.

As far as your beloved Vandy is concerned, talk to the guys who play there. You will be surprised how much several of those guys dislike the coach and playing there. Compare that to how the majority of the players feel about CTV. They love him and playing for UT. This staff has already over achieved and are continuing to get better. I strongly expect the Vols to be in Omaha in 2-3 years.

So Bruin, since you love Vandy so much, feel free to go hang out on their board. And take Rumor “girl” / Banjo Hitter / whatever other name he’s going by this week with you. It’s abundantly clear you guys have an agenda and just want to stir up drama. The players read this board and don’t want/need the negativity. There’s a lot of great things going on around the program so relax and enjoy it or please do us all a favor and go elsewhere.

First off that isn’t the staffs plan at all. It is rather high right now because they inherited a big fat loser. The worst program in the SEC since 2005 to be frank. Why? Big time lack of talent depth. The staffs observations were they needed to add more talent and more depth so they hit the trail running hard guns blazing and our bringing in top 10 recruiting classes. The numbers will die down considerably when they get their players in. 2021 class has only 15 commits and 4 are top 100 guys in which they might lose some. They are pretty much done with that class. You’re looking at a 12 or 13 person class. This is how you rebuild a program. There will be roster turnover, there will be cuts, some leftovers are getting recruiting over. Give the staff sometime to run there program and you will see it not be so bad. Mingeones are high at UK, Kingston at South Carolina has been high, Thompson’s were high at Auburn when he took over, Bohannons are high at Alabama. Again it’s a rebuild with the exception that Tennessee got accelerated big time. Why was it accelerated imo. Serrano did leave some good pieces, those players got better, the staff plugged some holes in problem spots with big time talent. Crochet, Soularie and Martinez were huge pickups this staff got that were integral in the rebuild. Every person on this staff had offers from big time programs, including the head coach. They all chose to stay and be Vols. I think they are building something special here. Hop on board and enjoy the ride. Alright rant over lol

I disagree that this isn’t the plan because it’s clear the numbers in each class isn’t getting any lower. I also strongly disagree it isn’t going to stay high turnover and I’ll tell you why. Look at Arkansas. That’s the dirtiest, most dishonest, high turnover, over signing program around and that’s where CTV learned it.

Now hopefully I will be proven wrong and we aren’t leaders in class sign, transfer portal and Kids being lied to in the name of it’s a business year in and year out but I’m betting I am proven right.

Bruin, it has been explained to you many times, but let’s try one more time. When CTV arrived, there was not consistent SEC talent on the roster. Were there some SEC caliber players, yes. But not enough to win. Those around the program know CDS faults and how he let the program hit rock bottom. In order to flip the roster, there has to be casualties. Those who know have also made it clear that there will NOT be nearly as many transfers and cuts going forward once roster depth has been established.

I can also tell you factually that players have been told in advance what the situation is. Let me give you a hypothetical situation. Player A has been promised a full scholarship by the previous coach. It is clear that player A will not contribute this season. If the coaches want to keep their jobs, do they keep player A on the roster, or tell him the situation and help him find a place elsewhere to play and use that money to bring in 2-3 players that will contribute? As has been said multiple times here before, these players coming in know the situation and many come just to get a chance to wear the Big Orange.

As far as your beloved Vandy is concerned, talk to the guys who play there. You will be surprised how much several of those guys dislike the coach and playing there. Compare that to how the majority of the players feel about CTV. They love him and playing for UT. This staff has already over achieved and are continuing to get better. I strongly expect the Vols to be in Omaha in 2-3 years.

So Bruin, since you love Vandy so much, feel free to go hang out on their board. And take Rumor “girl” / Banjo Hitter / whatever other name he’s going by this week with you. It’s abundantly clear you guys have an agenda and just want to stir up drama. The players read this board and don’t want/need the negativity. There’s a lot of great things going on around the program so relax and enjoy it or please do us all a favor and go elsewhere.

Nice first post but I’ll tell you I’ve been here for hotrod, TR, DS and now this regime.

I’ve had more hatred, anti Vandy post in this forum that your first post has words my man.

So I think I am here to stay whether I can support this program with $ and a much needed butt in the seat or not

I disagree that this isn’t the plan because it’s clear the numbers in each class isn’t getting any lower. I also strongly disagree it isn’t going to stay high turnover and I’ll tell you why. Look at Arkansas. That’s the dirtiest, most dishonest, high turnover, over signing program around and that’s where CTV learned it.

Now hopefully I will be proven wrong and we aren’t leaders in class sign, transfer portal and Kids being lied to in the name of it’s a business year in and year out but I’m betting I am proven right.
With all due respect you also thought Ammons was cut and told he didn’t have a spot. That was 100 percent false and Ammons went out of his way in an interview thinking the staff. The staff actually got him signed. They were trying like heck to get him signed. Why? Because they loved Ammo and wanted what was best for him. I don’t ever expect to be as high as Arkansas and DVH. I really don’t. I could be wrong but I don’t think that’s the case. I know this much. They are done with the 2021 class for the most part. The sights are on 2022 and 2023. That leads me to believe the staff doesn’t have those intentions.

Reactions: RollerVol
With all due respect you also thought Ammons was cut and told he didn’t have a spot.

Simply not true. I was always posting regarding that hypothetical. If you recall I asked you what happened and you had a hard time knowing whether you were posting about him or making it sound like it was about him when you admittedly didn’t know

I know this much. They are done with the 2021 class for the most part. .

Let’s save this post and see what “for the most part” means

I’m betting we see significantly more activity in this class with both hs and Juco guys. It will be fun to follow

And the funniest part of this is we already have 15 commits in the 2021 class which places us as the second highest numbers class in all of the land. lol kind of proves my point precisely

Let’s save this post and see what “for the most part” means

I’m betting we see significantly more activity in this class with both hs and Juco guys. It will be fun to follow

And the funniest part of this is we already have 15 commits in the 2021 class which places us as the second highest numbers class in all of the land. lol kind of proves my point precisely
Shame on the staff for recruiting so good with having 15 commits and moving on to 2022. They will clean up there too, already have 2 big time commits and many soon to follow

Lol at someone trying to convince me that massive casualties isn’t part of the plan with oversigning every single class

Here’s the numbers
21 commits in 2019
18 commits in 2020
15 commits in 2021

And that doesn’t even count jucos

The plan isnt changing. It’s not closing down. Stop trying to justify it and just admit that winning the only thing that matters.

There is no shame in that and that’s where I am in football right now. I don’t care about anything other than winning but I am still
Holding out some very small glimmer of hope that our national pastime can have some degree of honor when it comes to college.

Last edited:
Simply not true. I was always posting regarding that hypothetical. If you recall I asked you what happened and you had a hard time knowing whether you were posting about him or making it sound like it was about him when you admittedly didn’t know
No I didn’t know his scholarship amount, that’s what I didn’t know. It might not have been you. It was someone who said that he was cut to make room for people. My apologies for mixing you up. You’re a very knowledgeable poster and bring up good points and know your stuff. I respect your opinion but just disagree. The coaching staff is a great group of guys and have an awesome team on board. Just hope you would hop on and give them a chance. That’s all

Look at Arkansas. That’s the dirtiest, most dishonest, high turnover, over signing program around

Serious question for you. If these kids are all being done wrong and lied to as you say, why does Arkansas have such high numbers year after year? The words been out. Kids know the situation and yet keep signing with Arkansas. Why do you think that is?

Shame on the staff for recruiting so good with having 15 commits and moving on to 2022. They will clean up there too, already have 2 big time commits and many soon to follow
If they really do stop at 15 I’ll admit I am wrong.

I’ll make a wager that I’ll buy two season tickets and donate them to anyone of your choice if we don’t commit more than 2 more guys than we already have in the 2021 class.

If you lose with us committing 3 or more new guys you will donate the cost of two season tickets to a local Juco baseball program because that’s where all these dang over signed players are going to have to go.

Serious question for you. If these kids are all being done wrong and lied to as you say, why does Arkansas have such high numbers year after year? The words been out. Kids know the situation and yet keep signing with Arkansas. Why do you think that is?

That’s easy. Recruits get blinded by the bright lights and the lure of playing in the SEC. For every walk on that makes that call and succeeds and haves a good experience there a many many others that know they wished they hadn’t been blinded by the bright lights

If they really do stop at 15 I’ll admit I am wrong.

I’ll make a wager that I’ll buy two season tickets and donate them to anyone of your choice if we don’t commit more than 2 more guys than we already have in the 2021 class.

If you lose with us committing 3 or more new guys you will donate the cost of two season tickets to a local Juco baseball program because that’s where all these dang over signed players are going to have to go.
Not opposed to the wager but here is the problem. Walk ons might move it over or if they get an idea late next season the 4 top 100 guys they have committed are def going pro. I’ll wager that going into the 2022 season when the 2021 class arrives it will be at 15. That is a long way away but will be fun to track. Either here nor there I do know the staff is pretty much done with 2021. CTV even said it publicly on Wilkersons show.

Not opposed to the wager but here is the problem. Walk ons might move it over or if they get an idea late next season the 4 top 100 guys they have committed are def going pro. I’ll wager that going into the 2022 season when the 2021 class arrives it will be at 15. That is a long way away but will be fun to track. Either here nor there I do know the staff is pretty much done with 2021. CTV even said it publicly on Wilkersons show.

So you are saying we only bring in 15 that make it to campus?

If so that kind of defeats the purpose of the topic in that my belief is the “commit and follow” and cull if needed method is sadly part of the staffs plan.

So you are saying we only bring in 15 that make it to campus?

If so that kind of defeats the purpose of the topic in that my belief is the “commit and follow” and cull if needed method is sadly part of the staffs plan.
Yeah 15. That isn’t a lot. That’s pretty much average. Cuts and transfers will always happen just not to the magnitude it is now because of the rebuild is what I’m saying

I’ll take the bet. We will bring in 16 or more players in the fall of 2021

I’ll buy season tickets and donate them if it’s 15 or under

Just to clarify I count walk ons and juco kids as well

Last edited:
I have to mentally sticky posts 26-47...should be interesting...:D

PS. hey BV...15 season tickets is pretty heady stuff...well, hope I'm still around to see what happens...:D:D

ANYWAY...……..…………...GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
I have to mentally sticky posts 26-47...should be interesting...:D

PS. hey BV...15 season tickets is pretty heady stuff...well, hope I'm still around to see what happens...:D:D

ANYWAY...……..…………...GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 season tickets lol

VN Store

Back