'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, it doesn't relaly matter at this point........lol.

Gilbert was always the longshot. Washington is probably still a bit of a long shot, though i think he does really like Nieds and the staff in general.....i think we have a legit shot with thim. not sure what odds or % chance it should warrant though.
Here's my concern if I'm being bluntly honest. I believe AV knows what a kid says in private at UT, I do. But I think kids do twice the amount of BSing compared to just 7 or 8 years ago. Just like those 3 weenies last year did.

And I think *some of these kids being untruthful comes so natural these days, it's hard to tell any difference.

Here's my concern if I'm being bluntly honest. I believe AV knows what a kid says in private at UT, I do. But I think kids do twice the amount of BSing compared to just 7 or 8 years ago. Just like those 3 weenies last year did.

And I think *some of these kids being untruthful comes so natural these days, it's hard to tell any difference.
agreed, which is, like you said, while i may trust what role AV is playing in this process for UT..........i too, don't necessarily think it matters when it comes to what the prospect does.

so i've just left it at i think we have a legit shot. but i wouldn't put odds on it either way.

Gilber, i feel pretty comfortable in saying he's not coming here.

It keeps the money flowing.

Reactions: chargervol
Yeah that's a bit odd. The #1 and #3 ranked running backs in the class but then again they did pull Michel and Chubb 6 years ago. Bagmen dropping that moo-la
The starting RBs in the Super Bowl were UGA RBs but pulling a couple a year isn’t new

Chubb/Michel-#5,3
White/Cook-#1,3
Marshall, Gurley-#1,6

Others, Crowell-#1, Holyfield #6, Swift #4

UGA has always recruited the position well like UT always seem to pull stud WR

Yeah that's a bit odd. The #1 and #3 ranked running backs in the class but then again they did pull Michel and Chubb 6 years ago. Bagmen dropping that moo-la

Yep really odd. Chance to play behind what may be two of the best three O-lines in the SEC at Georgia with another stud to keep the wear and tear down. Highlight reel third year, 1st or 2nd round pick.

Really odd decision if he makes it.

Darnell Washington had an incredibly busy offseason traveling the country and seeing schools and now the five-star tight end is hammering out his official visit schedule. The Las Vegas (Nev.) Desert Pines standout will start his trips by going to Georgia for the Notre Dame weekend in late September. Washington has already been to Athens and loves the environment there.

Getting to see how new offensive coordinator James Coley uses the tight end will be important as the Bulldogs target five-star tight ends Arik Gilbert and Washington in this class. The only other in-season official visit Washington has planned is to head back to Alabama for its big rivalry matchup against LSU in early November.

Washington’s relationship with coach Nick Saban and position coach Jeff Banks is definitely a draw to the Crimson Tide and the five-star likes the business approach Alabama’s staff has taken to his recruitment. Visits back to Miami and Tennessee have been penciled in for December. The Hurricanes definitely left a big impression on Washington during his recent visit there so getting back to campus is going to be huge.

Tennessee (along with Alabama) is another program that is targeting Gilbert and Washington in this recruiting class. Gilbert has the ability to play outside receiver as well or they could be used in some devastating two tight-end packages if they choose to go to school together. The Volunteers have struggled on the field recently but Washington is serious about that program and a return trip to Knoxville in December could be really important leading up to his decision.

-Adam Gorney, Rivals

He’s visiting Ga in September. Lol, he ain’t going there

There's pros and cons, if we have a good season and are competitive with Bama, UGA, and UF, etc. it's great. You always run the risk of any visit being cancelled and if we aren't competitive well maybe that risk is higher, IDK. Regardless, I'd rather have the last visit scheduled than not.

We get his last OV in December 👀
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back