Watching game from Johnson City

I worked there from 85 to 87. Did you ever happen to go to one their birthday parties at the AFG cabin on Boone lake, that was a great time even at 16 years old.

opposite side of the lake...

I always had heard things from old gaurd. most goings ons were around Jay's, and Sonny Cothran's place. That Old sumbitch.

Now THAT is bringing back some
memories. Dang. Lake never had the same vibes since.

We snuck over to that side a few times. Had some friends with a place down in that cove.
That is funny tho, heard same thing about Washington Cty side in the 90's! 🤪

Reactions: ffemtp
Yeah I believe they are combining South, North , and Central for a massive high school out by the airport.
That's the plan. They've been hitting sink holes though. I'm skeptical it will be done on time if at all. Some of the Central kids are getting shifted to East. So it'll be South, North, and half of Central, from what I understand. I figured they would combine Sullivan and CH middle at South as a midfle school. I heard they got some push back on it though.

After reading this thread, thinking seriously about watching the opener in JC also. Might not see the game but I'm going to eat well that weekend :eek:

I have 2 kids currently at South. They say the new school is still opening in 2021. The Westridge Wolves
Do your children play football @ South? A couple of my family members coach there. JC Steve was at South the same time as one of them.

Do your children play football @ South? A couple of my family members coach there. JC Steve was at South the same time as one of them.

No. Never showed an interest in playing. We still go to the games though. I've got one in the band

Do yourself a favor and dont go anywhere near Hokie Smokey. I ate there tonight its garbage. They use to be pretty good but switched ownership a few months back it's not the same restaurant. Check their most recent reviews.

Do yourself a favor and dont go anywhere near Hokie Smokey. I ate there tonight its garbage. They use to be pretty good but switched ownership a few months back it's not the same restaurant. Check their most recent reviews.
That's sad news. It's been a few months since I've been there, but I loved the brisket sandwich.

I hadn't heard that. My wife knew the original owner in a previous job. That's unfortunate.

I endorse this message
I watched Bama come back on Georgia here last year. Great place and downtown within walking distance of a lot of others mentioned in case you want to change venues at half time.

Edit: I forgot to attach the orginal message this replied to. This is in reference to Yee Haw.

VN Store

Back