Watching game from Johnson City

17Vols

UNPAID CONTRIBUTER
Question for the locals. I’ll be in Johnson City for the season opener but unfortunately can’t make to Knoxville for the game. Where’s the best place in town to watch the game?
Thanks in advance and GBO!

Question for the locals. I’ll be in Johnson City for the season opener but unfortunately can’t make to Knoxville for the game. Where’s the best place in town to watch the game?
Thanks in advance and GBO!
Plenty of good spots.. Tipton St pub is by far my favorite bar.. Food and drink specials are great. Numans sports bar, OT sports & social, Wild Wing Cafe, Bdubs to name a few. Southern Craft bbq isn't a bad spot either.

Better call ahead -- other than BBW, the others may or may not have ESPN U

The TVs are a bit small, but Southern Craft BBQ usually shows the game.

o.jpg

Plenty of good spots.. Tipton St pub is by far my favorite bar.. Food and drink specials are great. Numans sports bar, OT sports & social, Wild Wing Cafe, Bdubs to name a few. Southern Craft bbq isn't a bad spot either.

I used to work at Tipton St about 10 years ago. The turn out for UT games was always really good. Great place to watch the game.

Wild Wing Cafe has got to be a top place to watch. It's good for anything else haha, food, drinks, etc.

Reactions: zaqhhh
Hokie Smokie, Knights Pizza, and Numan's are my normal choices. I still miss Bailey's and Rocky River grill for games though.

Reactions: ohnnyvol1
OMG I had almost forgotten about that place. I was a teenager when it closed.

Sorry guys not sure what you mean? What is this Cheers you speak of?

I do recall an Original Funeatery afoot, down the street from the Miracle Mall.

Also in JC was Mingle's. Damn good Roast Beef Sammich.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Best restaurant in JC.....IMO

Best bbq in tri cities, period. Burnt Ends.

Souther Craft is ok, but not really gameday place...

Label if you want to be social, and drunk. BWW if you want cheap and drunk.

N Side of town. Rock's, That new bar where Bailey's was, and Smokey Bones. Dont forget Hooters!

VN Store

Back