Europe Trip

That is what I heard as well. So, it could be workload management thing. Let her have a little down time from competition so that she can come into the season healthy

Which affords Coach Kellie a bit of leverage, especially with the group of talented sophomores - Rae, Jaay and Jazmine. More opportunities; more combinations, more looks. All this, with the amazing Miss Horston watching, learning, and waiting
...and chomping at the bit!

If I read their roster correct, it looks like the next opponent is short and old....I like our chances.
Except for two players (aged 37 and 34), the rest of the roster are at ages that put them in the prime of most womens' athletic careers. So I wouldn't discount the experience and will of a bunch of women in their mid-twenties against a bunch of (mostly) very young women who've played together very little. The Belgians are very used to playing as a team.

You're right that they don't have the size that the Lady Vols have, but still... without having seen Laarne play I wouldn't assume they'll be easy for Tennessee to beat.

Kellie did more coaching in that short segment, than Holly ever did for the season...
Hi Game Time, This is off subject, but put Casey down today, it was rough, thought of your kind words of your experience when you had to go through that when we talked a few months back, wanted to let you know.

Correct. Not sure where this talk of Jordan being away with USA Basketball started, but she did not try out or play for the U19 team.

The thing is fans worry too much. When one watches too much reality shows it plays ur mind.Coach doesn't have to explain each time a player sits out. There could be minor issues and she said sit out cause the game is not that serious but fans kept digging.

It's Saturday and Game Day!! We're in beautiful Belgium, and Game 2 of our tour is tonight (8 p.m. here/2 p.m. ET) in Laarne! 🍊🏀

#LVEurope2019 #GBO

Hope we get to see more videos, have high hopes for our team now! GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: Ladyvol777
The thing is fans worry too much. When one watches too much reality shows it plays ur mind.Coach doesn't have to explain each time a player sits out. There could be minor issues and she said sit out cause the game is not that serious but fans kept digging.
Correct, but fans shouldn't be making it up that she played with USA Basketball.

Today's game
Lady Vols use an 18-0 run over the first 5:51 of the second quarter to outscore Laarne 33-10 in the stanza and take a 27-point lead at the break! @Legend_Hooper with 13 pts and 5 rebs. to lead the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-20-39~2.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-10-14-20-39~2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Looks like our new coach knows something about making adjustments and pumping up a team. 33 to 10 we outscored them in the second quarter.
And, appears the 18-0 run; 34-10 quarter was ignited by Rennia, Jessie, Emily Jazmine, and Jaiden.
So, as we hoped, Coach Kellie is seeing a lot of players/combos.
And all are responding!
This is encouraging, regardless of the competition.

It does give some confidence that the team is now being run like a BB team should and the coaches are not everyone's BFF's. (my last comment about the previous staff). Even though we are playing teams we can basically 'out-athlete' there appears to be some structure and actually running plays etc. Hope they just keep improving.

VN Store

Back