'18 GA DE Brenton Cox

It will be interesting to see how the media treats Kirby this year after a loss.

He’s the media darling until he isn’t. At the moment he is the anti Saban and Dabo. It gets boring for the same teams being in the playoffs, year after year. Interest suffers for paying viewers. Can’t have that. Need a up in comer to keep it interesting.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He’s the media darling until he isn’t. At the moment he is the anti Saban and Dabo. It gets boring for the same teams being in the playoffs, year after year. Interest suffers for paying viewers. Can’t have that. Need a up in comer to keep it interesting.
Not to ESPN

Reactions: Mccage
I remember the beginning of last season, we were discussing how many of GA’s seniors were gone and that they would suffer somewhat a set back. Some of the GA posters were quick to point out that the ones leaving were a non factor, most of them weren’t in contributing roles and wouldn’t be missed. They were right, weren’t missed, but now the narrative is Kirby excelled despite losing that many seniors. Building the legend of Kirby, right before our eyes.
UGA posters were right about something last year? The horror.

I do think UGA will take a step back next year if Fromm leaves, but this year I'm afraid they are going to be pretty tough if he stays healthy because of the recruiting they've done in the trenches which is really just now maturing. CJP's trying to build us the same way, I suspect by 2021 (year 4) we'll be maturing in that regard also.

UGA posters were right about something last year? The horror.

I do think UGA will take a step back next year if Fromm leaves, but this year I'm afraid they are going to be pretty tough if he stays healthy because of the recruiting they've done in the trenches which is really just now maturing. CJP's trying to build us the same way, I suspect by 2021 (year 4) we'll be maturing in that regard also.
Bama and UGA open SEC schedule against each other next year. Both Tua and Fromm may be gone. You are correct that you never know how the new QB will look. I think Tua is gone and Fromm will depend on how this year goes. If they win the championship, I think it’s certain he’s gone. If not, it’s uncertain.

Think both teams will be even more run heavy to start the year if both are breaking in new QBs. Think Swift is gone. White/Cook/McIntosh/Milton and one more RB. Wiltfong just CB’d Evans to UGA, I’m skeptical of that one this far out.

Maybe ask our current AD how important coordinators are. Or ask Saban if Pruitt and Tosh are interchangeable.
I'd actually say Bama is an example of why recruiting is more important in college. Bama has had multiple changes at OC and DC yet keep winning. If talent was more evenly dispersed then they wouldn't be able to do that. Obviously the goal is to have elite coaching and recruiting, but seeing Cam Newton turn Chizik into a NC winning coach makes me think recruiting may be slightly more important.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
They are expecting Saban success or some version there of due to talent they have and leadni g under him for so many years. I live 25mins south athens trust me 95 percent people expect that
So you're saying only 5% of UGA's fans are reasonable? Wait... don't answer that.

I'd actually say Bama is an example of why recruiting is more important in college. Bama has had multiple changes at OC and DC yet keep winning. If talent was more evenly dispersed then they wouldn't be able to do that. Obviously the goal is to have elite coaching and recruiting, but seeing Cam Newton turn Chizik into a NC winning coach makes me think recruiting may be slightly more important.
A wise coach said your W/L comes down to 50% players, 40% schedule, and 10% coaching.

A wise coach said your W/L comes down to 50% players, 40% schedule, and 10% coaching.
Idk, Butch got the players. Somehow screwed up a lot of kids. Strength and conditioning I think is part of coaching and hell I think it’s probably more important than on the field coaching.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Well, if you're looking for a nice stable environment...
lol maybe Mullen is trying to stick it to Smart after Smart had a few players commit to UGA after visiting UF. Still has a long way to go if he's trying to emulate Spurrier. Really hope Cox gets it together, but it does say something that UGA let him go and Pruitt/Sherrer didn't show interest.

VN Store

Back