Be Ready to see thousands of BYU fans in Knoxville

30522%2F1550629874183-CBA75726-B310-44CD-BC84-C4058EFA3725.jpeg
wtf

Good ole Stormin Mormons not likely to get smashed and make a mess. Lol.

I spent 4 summers in Salt Lake, and I gotta say that the demographics are nice for a white guy. State is over 90% white, 60% female, and there are many many natural blondes many with blue eyes. Lots of pretty LDS girls...

Edit..if you cant find some decent looking wives in Utah, you're just a chump. The hotties are everywhere, and they are forced from about birth to marry up and procreate. Seriously.

Fyp

I'm going to shoot straight. Knoxville, despite being close to the mountains and outdoor recreation opportunities, is not a healthy city like what you have out west. Most of the businesses close to the stadium are either fast food or student watering holes where food sales are a distant secondary business consideration. The tailgating is a mixed bag with some decidedly family friendly areas, but most of it is overwhelmingly dominated by excessive alcohol consumption. Not to stereotype, but I foresee a bit of a cultural divide. Hopefully, BYU will sponsor a tailgate for your folks who don't want to deal with fried food and rowdy drunks.

Football and salads don’t go together

BYU @ Tennessee CougarTown Tailgate

BYU had 3500 tickets from the alumni chapter in Tennessee. They are sold out a month before the game, and That doesn't even include tickets from the BYU ticket office. It is likely that BYU will have about 8-10 thousand fans there. In our MTSU road game in 2014 had 6000 more fans there than their next home game against FAU (18000 vs 12000). Generally we travel very well and already have lots of fans scattered throughout the country. Gonna be a fun game and a great atmosphere. It'll be my first game in a stadium anywhere near this big. (Nebraska would be my next biggest)

Is there anything we need to know as far as things to do or places to eat that I can pass on to fellow cougars?
Mormandy invasion!

BYU had 3500 tickets from the alumni chapter in Tennessee. They are sold out a month before the game, and That doesn't even include tickets from the BYU ticket office. It is likely that BYU will have about 8-10 thousand fans there. In our MTSU road game in 2014 had 6000 more fans there than their next home game against FAU (18000 vs 12000). Generally we travel very well and already have lots of fans scattered throughout the country. Gonna be a fun game and a great atmosphere. It'll be my first game in a stadium anywhere near this big. (Nebraska would be my next biggest)

Is there anything we need to know as far as things to do or places to eat that I can pass on to fellow cougars?
There's plenty of food and restraunts on the strip (Kingston Pike).

There is a sponsored Tailgate, but I would still rather spend it wondering around the Tennessee tailgates and chatting.

you will be welcome at plenty of the UT fan tailgates including ours....of course how welcome depends on the peace offering you bring along....:p

for example...at last years Kentucky game, several UK fans joined us and we had a great time...the peace offering was some of the finest Kentucky bourbon available.

It is not required but certainly encouraged....you know....share some cultural delicacies

Hope you have a great time. Been awhile since I was back home in Tennessee, but if memory serves a significant number of tailgaters will be slightly to moderately drunk, but quite a few will be relatively sober. If you're cool and just want to walk around and meet folks, most Tennessee fans will welcome you and even feed you! Even back in the day as a visiting fan I had a blast at LSU, Ole Miss, Florida, Auburn, heck even Bama. There will be a few obnoxious drunks, but by and large folks will be out on a (hopefully) beautiful Saturday just having fun.

Reactions: savannahfan
How do you define thousands? Because 3500 Tickets were sold to the Byu alumni chapter in tennessee. That doesn't include the thousands of fans that will buy from the BYU ticket office or Tennessee ticket office.
You’ll fill our spare gutters beautifully and frame the 100,000 in Orange.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989

Y’all riding your bicycles?

VN Store

Back