Be Ready to see thousands of BYU fans in Knoxville

images

Trained at Hill AFB in Salt Lake in the 90s. Drank horrid beer (Grizzly Beer Malt Liquor, worse than Colt 45) cause the beer alcohol % was and still is 3.2% in Utah. Utah is beautiful, great skiing, grocery stores are or were awesome. Alcohol for consumption takes time and money for the desired effect, unless on base or carried from out of state. Watch out tail gaiting with the BYU fans ; Might not want to offer TN shine.

Last edited:
BYU @ Tennessee CougarTown Tailgate

BYU had 3500 tickets from the alumni chapter in Tennessee. They are sold out a month before the game, and That doesn't even include tickets from the BYU ticket office. It is likely that BYU will have about 8-10 thousand fans there. In our MTSU road game in 2014 had 6000 more fans there than their next home game against FAU (18000 vs 12000). Generally we travel very well and already have lots of fans scattered throughout the country. Gonna be a fun game and a great atmosphere. It'll be my first game in a stadium anywhere near this big. (Nebraska would be my next biggest)

Is there anything we need to know as far as things to do or places to eat that I can pass on to fellow cougars?
Welcome. I hope you have a great time except for the outcome of course.

There is a sponsored Tailgate, but I would still rather spend it wondering around the Tennessee tailgates and chatting.

So, I saw that The National Parks will be performing at the BYU tailgate. They have been one of my favorite bands for a while. If anyone is not familiar with this band, I suggest you give them a listen.

Ghosts - The National Parks

I'm thinking about purchasing through the BYU site to get tickets and the tailgate pass because i don't want to miss TNP play in Knoxville.

Do you think there would be an issue with me being in the BYU section as UT fan? I lived just outside of West Jordan for a while. I still have my Beat Diggers pajamas for proof. 😀

What’s the total # of tickets do you expect BYU to use?

What color do BYU fans usually wear on the road?
It’s been suggested that we should checker Neyland for y’all. What’s your thoughts on this?

Never claimed it would be a stones concert son. I ain’t on this forum to measure d***s. Just made a statement
Never been to a Stones concert. Before my time old timer.

Didn’t realize we were measuring. I’m a grower, not a shower

Anyway, if ya wanna fight meet me at the nearest Waffle House

Last edited:
Ill have to hit up Ye Olde Steakhouse, thats the second time someone has recommended it to me.
Ye OLDE STEAK HOUSE is really good. However, their steaks are very large and delicious. Tone may have to take half of one home or share with one of your group.

I'm going to shoot straight. Knoxville, despite being close to the mountains and outdoor recreation opportunities, is not a healthy city like what you have out west. Most of the businesses close to the stadium are either fast food or student watering holes where food sales are a distant secondary business consideration. The tailgating is a mixed bag with some decidedly family friendly areas, but most of it is overwhelmingly dominated by excessive alcohol consumption. Not to stereotype, but I foresee a bit of a cultural divide. Hopefully, BYU will sponsor a tailgate for your folks who don't want to deal with fried food and rowdy drunks.

It can be a culture shock. My UGA wife is surprised by what she sees at the South Knoxville Kroger alone.

Must have ordered it well done. Only person I have ever heard of who disliked a dinner there.
Make that two, and I do t do anything over medium. It’s not a good restaurant but average at best. The sides are poor the salad is not very good and the steaks are nothing special. The place hasn’t been the same since it burned down. Conner’s is far better for steaks.

I'm going to shoot straight. Knoxville, despite being close to the mountains and outdoor recreation opportunities, is not a healthy city like what you have out west. Most of the businesses close to the stadium are either fast food or student watering holes where food sales are a distant secondary business consideration. The tailgating is a mixed bag with some decidedly family friendly areas, but most of it is overwhelmingly dominated by excessive alcohol consumption. Not to stereotype, but I foresee a bit of a cultural divide. Hopefully, BYU will sponsor a tailgate for your folks who don't want to deal with fried food and rowdy drunks.

lol you seem fun

BYU @ Tennessee CougarTown Tailgate

BYU had 3500 tickets from the alumni chapter in Tennessee. They are sold out a month before the game, and That doesn't even include tickets from the BYU ticket office. It is likely that BYU will have about 8-10 thousand fans there. In our MTSU road game in 2014 had 6000 more fans there than their next home game against FAU (18000 vs 12000). Generally we travel very well and already have lots of fans scattered throughout the country. Gonna be a fun game and a great atmosphere. It'll be my first game in a stadium anywhere near this big. (Nebraska would be my next biggest)

Is there anything we need to know as far as things to do or places to eat that I can pass on to fellow cougars?

This supposed to be mouth dropping? Haha

SEC opponents bring that every week aside from Vanderbilt. Florida and Georgia bring 10k and Alabama brings 30k. Oklahoma probably brought 15k a few years back. If you bring 6000, we will have 96,000. We will be fine but thanks for the warning.

Reactions: savannahfan
lol you seem fun
I was raised in Williamson Co., which has a high enough LDS population that they built a temple there. I'm told that's a big deal. Anyway, I grew up with a lot of Mormons and generally know them to be very health conscious and non-drinkers, not that a wild oat wasn't sewn here and there.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsGrad1989
I was raised in Williamson Co., which has a high enough LDS population that they built a temple there. I'm told that's a big deal. Anyway, I grew up with a lot of Mormons and generally know them to be very health conscious and non-drinkers, not that a wild oat wasn't sewn here and there.
Read Under the Banner of Heaven.

VN Store

Back